• Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg
15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg
61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
MV5BOTNiNzUyNWMtM2E5Yi00MWJiLTg1M2QtNTQ5MWNkMTM3NTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
rd (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pins-logo (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9bbea19e17cdab09840b169ad98aaf76 (resized).jpg
IMG_1931 (resized).PNG
IMG_4764 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
WWhite (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #70 Link to Dutch Authority for Consumers and Markets Posted by Damon (7 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by RTR (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captnretro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#575 5 years ago

I'm working on a youtube series about Rare, Lost or Prototype pins (games that either started as something else or never saw the light of day)..can someone give me a decent run-down of the situation as it stands? DP is still dealing with court issues and the game has not made it's way to most of the customers with pre orders? am I correct in that assumption? I see one for sale right now on here for 21.5k...how many actually made it out to the public? I've been reading through the forums, but would love someone to help me timeline the overall story..pretty deep forum posts, I kinda get lost in the back and forth..anybody wanna help? Thanks!

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This would be a good thread to look at: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club
Dutch Pinball contracted to build games with ARA, and ARA had supposedly built about 40 games, with parts on-hand for several more. For whatever reason, there was a pricing dispute (some people are saying that ARA underestimated what it would cost to build the games and wanted to charge more, or Dutch made changes part way through that increased the cost, or some people are saying Dutch simply ran out of money, or possibly some combination of all three). In either case, ARA wouldn't release the games and Dutch wouldn't pay, so they went to court over the issue. ARA offered a deal to produce/release games in exchange for 51% ownership in Dutch Pinball, but the owners of Dutch Pinball declined. It still appears to be an ongoing case, but at last report, the judge overseeing the case ordered the two parties to try to work things out between them before proceeding further in court (which is apparently the dispute process under Dutch law).
Some pre-order customers and distributors received their games, some did not.
After the situation with ARA was at a standstill back in late 2017, Dutch Pinball announced they would start manufacturing games again with a Chinese company, Xytech. They built a couple of engineering samples, however, for some unanswered reason, full production did not proceed.
I'm sure there's a lot more, but that's just what I recall off the top of my head.

Thank you so much..that was basically the same general info I had uncovered..wanted to make sure I was in the ballpark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captnretro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-action-lawsuit?tu=captnretro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.