• Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg
15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg
61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
MV5BOTNiNzUyNWMtM2E5Yi00MWJiLTg1M2QtNTQ5MWNkMTM3NTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
rd (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pins-logo (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9bbea19e17cdab09840b169ad98aaf76 (resized).jpg
IMG_1931 (resized).PNG
IMG_4764 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
WWhite (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
#401 7 years ago

Hey Ice, you drinking tonight too? I swear, Robin is going to put a breathalyzer on Pinside one day.

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Heard from who and is this based on actual verified info?! Regardless of what DP has actually paid or not paid, we're just going to have to await the outcome of their talks with ARA and then go from there.

Jaap at TPF.

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Hey Ice, you drinking tonight too? I swear, Robin is going to put a breathalyzer on Pinside one day.

Well ain't it the truth? How's that Alien pin? I'm hoping Andrew keeps delivering but he needs to get the LE done and start ramping up like he said he was going to do, month after month.

I realize that Kevin Kulek is over there putting games together on the line but that doesn't give me a ton of confidence!!!

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well ain't it the truth? How's that Alien pin?

LOVIN' IT!!! ...really shines in a home environment, on a Friday with a few Jack-n-Cokes.

IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPGIMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Do you idiots just for once think: "Hey, maybe I don't have any valuable information to add today so I'll just read rather than post?"

No valuable information to add but this has to be one of the most idiotic, uninformed posts I've seen in a TBL thread.. Practice what you preach?

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).png

#406 7 years ago

Interesting. I'd love to know the full story (including ARA's perspective) of course, but I'll just be happy to get my TBL.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Do you idiots just for once think: "Hey, maybe I don't have any valuable information to add today so I'll just read rather than post?"

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).png

#408 7 years ago

I say forget the class action. Only winners will be the lawyers. ARA and DP need to work this out - AND DP needs to be a little more frugal with their spending and write better contracts that prevent price escalation mid production. Assuming this is what the problem really is.....

#409 7 years ago

You know what they say about assume.

#410 7 years ago

Some dude had this for sale on Dutch Ebay,i was a bit too late,someone reserved it already.
Made him a giant offer for the machine so i might swipe away the competition.
(Yes...i know,not fair...i just hate to loose...not proud of it)
Did not get it in the end,the rug was in bad condition he said.
But this machine was nr.002?
Would have been great!

IMG_4764 (resized).PNGIMG_4764 (resized).PNG

#411 7 years ago

Any updates?

#412 7 years ago

Email from DP today:

"Two weeks ago we talked to ARA about restarting the production of TBL. Things look positive but we haven’t found a solution yet.

We have sent a proposal to ARA and are waiting for their response. As soon as we have their reaction we will let you know.

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap"

#413 6 years ago

This shit has gone real quite...!

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

This shit has gone real quite...!

I gotta ask WTF ? Come on guys build the games

#415 6 years ago

We are all waiting for ARA response to DP new proposal. I am assuming that it won't be a definitive No or Yes but a "more discussions are needed " kind of response. Some of the buzz from the new discussions announcement is started to fade for me. Ive held on for 2.5 years so what's another few weeks

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

We are all waiting for ARA response to DP new proposal. I am assuming that it won't be a definitive No or Yes but a "more discussions are needed " kind of response. Some of the buzz from the new discussions announcement is started to fade for me. Ive held on for 2.5 years so what's another few weeks

What Johnny says ...

#417 6 years ago

isn't two weeks long over?

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

isn't two weeks long over?

They meant the "OTHER" two weeks. Not the two weeks you were thinking of.

#419 6 years ago

Jaap says waiting on ARA but expecting a meeting this week,

There is only 2 days left!

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Jaap says waiting on ARA but expecting a meeting this week,
There is only 2 days left!

As I already mentioned last week in other thread this is a very short week in NL as tomorrow everything is closed here due to celebrating Kings birthday and Friday a lot of companies are still closed.

Was already a little bit afraid this was gonna happen as many people take the whole week of this week (schools have holiday to) and it only takes 1 person being away if that's the one calling the shots

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

... tomorrow everything is closed here due to celebrating Kings birthday and Friday a lot of companies are still closed.

Don't TBL crises supersede Kings' birthday celebrations?!

#422 6 years ago

IMG_1931 (resized).PNGIMG_1931 (resized).PNG

#423 6 years ago

May 4th it is!!!

#424 6 years ago

Well, may the fourth be with you. Always.

#425 6 years ago

Here the list of all national Holidays in Holland , just incase for the next delay ,Dudes :

Nieuwjaar Zondag, 1 Januari 2017
Goede vrijdag Vrijdag, 14 April 2017
Pasen Zondag, 16 April 2017
Paasmaandag Maandag, 17 April 2017
Koningsdag Donderdag, 27 April 2017
Bevrijdingsdag Vrijdag, 5 Mei 2017
O.H. Hemelvaart Donderdag, 25 Mei 2017
Pinksteren Zondag, 4 Juni 2017
Pinkstermaandag Maandag, 5 Juni 2017
Kerstmis Maandag, 25 December 2017
2de Kerstdag Dinsdag, 26 December 2017

#426 6 years ago

That's ALOT of holidays!

#427 6 years ago

As said in other TBL post
TBL News & STARWARS Announced

Gonna be on Hellofa Day!

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

That's ALOT of holidays!

Dutchies have all these Holidays + 14 days Holiday's from their employer,
+ They get a vacation bonus of a extra Month salary or 8% of their gross earning to enjoy their vacations

You wonder if anything gets done there ( sorry Dudes at DP, couldn't resist)
Actually they have the Best economy in the World ( like the Americans would call it)

any way , back to Topic.

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Time for me to move...

I always celebrate Pinksteren Zondag. You all should.

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I always celebrate Pinksteren Zondag. You all should

They have medicine for that as well if you need.

#432 6 years ago

quatro de mayo

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Something isn't jiving because we have practically no substantiated details to base anything on. The only thing that I know for a fact is that I've paid DP $8,500 for TBL #59 and have yet to receive it.
According to DP, ARA has supposedly not lived up to their agreement by unreasonably requiring more money per game and not meeting the set production schedule. According to ARA, DP has not paid them for any of the games that they've manufactured to date. Beyond that, as far as I'm aware, everything else is speculation by others.

I had a fire at my restaurant 9 months ago.. 10 pins smoke damaged. Kitchen destroyed.
2 months they told me, "2 months, back on your feet". Wow! that's great! All lies but you know what? Shit takes time. What are you gonna do? Keep believing or pack up. I'm gonna keep on keeping on trying to get this bastard back open. So... to the point I suppose. Anytime the word "contract" is involved things take 4.3x longer. Everybody knows that. Relax and be positive. (And you have been) You'll win just as I will win, cuz.. We're not fuckin losers man.
Om

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Dutchies have all these Holidays + 14 days Holiday's from their employer,
+ They get a vacation bonus of a extra Month salary or 8% of their gross earning to enjoy their vacations
You wonder if anything gets done there ( sorry Dudes at DP, couldn't resist)
Actually they have the Best economy in the World ( like the Americans would call it)
any way , back to Topic.

Same mit Deutchland

#435 6 years ago

I hope DP sues the idiots in this thread.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Same mit Deutchland

That's German not Dutch.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

That's German not Dutch.

Correct, German COmpaNies give their employees about six weeks of vacation/holiday paid time off per year.

#438 6 years ago

I purchase the repair components for our plant, & we are running a large machine that has several pumps made in The Netherlands... one broke down today & I needed to order some items to fix it. I talked to the sales rep & they told me it could not ship until Monday due to a national holiday. I replied "the kings birthday"? - she was impressed that I knew what the holiday was.
I got a chuckle out of it...

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I purchase the repair components for our plant, & we are running a large machine that has several pumps made in The Netherlands... one broke down today & I needed to order some items to fix it. I talked to the sales rep & they told me it could not ship until Monday due to a national holiday. I replied "the kings birthday"? - she was impressed that I knew what the holiday was. I got a chuckle out of it...

And some people say Pinside serves no purpose or they get nothing from it...

#440 6 years ago

Hollidays make people spend, and keeps them happy.
and helps economy

win win situation,!

as a finishing touch, God created the Dutch!

#441 6 years ago

If you ain't Dutch
You ain't much

My momma used to say

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

If you ain't Dutch
You ain't much
My momma used to say

I used to live in the dutch part of iowa, never again! Wash your car on a sunday.. SHUNNED!

#443 6 years ago

Sorry to sound like a Noob. I've been trying to understand what is actually happening with this lawsuit.

Can someone point me to a place that outlines what's going on in more detail.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Sorry to sound like a Noob. I've been trying to understand what is actually happening with this lawsuit.
Can someone point me to a place that outlines what's going on in more detail.

No apparent class-action lawsuit at this time. Looks like DP & ARA are negotiating.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

No apparent class-action lawsuit at this time. Looks like DP & ARA are negotiating.

There was never one in the first place. It was all in the mind of the over dramatic drama queens who started this pointless thread to begin with.

#446 6 years ago

Pointless?? I hope so, but have a feeling TBexcuses will be forthcoming. May 4th.
Tick tock tick tock

#447 6 years ago

lets speculate the answer after May 4th meeting;

1) Meeting was constructive and will have a follow up in 3 weeks
but that falls on a Holiday coming up so will move it into June dudes.

2) Ok, were all ready and will commence shipping of the finished games and ramp
up production to get these long overdue TBL delivered to our valued customers
who financed our business at no charge.

any others ?

#448 6 years ago

3) In order to ramp up production and release the completed games, we regret to inform our supporters that we must increase the price of the machine by $1500. We understand that some may choose to opt out of the game due to the increased cost; however, we still believe TBL is competitively priced and will see significant appreciation.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

3) In order to ramp up production and release the completed games, we regret to inform our supporters that we must increase the price of the machine by $1500. We understand that some may choose to opt out of the game due to the increased cost; however, we still believe TBL is competitively priced and will see significant appreciation.

Supporters and Achievers.....

#450 6 years ago

In the spirit of optimism (and a little wishful thinking):

"We are pleased to report that all prior business concerns between Dutch Pinball and ARA have been fully resolved and in accordance with a new contractual agreement, the following actions will take effect immediately:

1) All previously manufactured Big Lebowski games currently in the possession of ARA will be shipped immediately to their respective "Early Achiever" buyers.

2) Production of the remaining licensed Big Lebowski games will begin immediately with the 300th game to be completed no later than 12/31/2017.

3) Code upgrade Version 1.0, encompassing 100% of all prior advertised gameplay rules; video and audio clips; and acoustic music selections; will be released on May 31, 2017. Bonus code upgrades to be developed and released throughout the remainder of 2017.

4) As a token of our appreciation for their patience and loyalty, all Big Lebowski buyers shall receive a $1,000 coupon toward the purchase of our nearly complete Willy Wonka pinball game to be released in 2018.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

Thanks Dudes!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-action-lawsuit/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.