Topic Stats

• 622 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by lexi
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg
15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg
61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
MV5BOTNiNzUyNWMtM2E5Yi00MWJiLTg1M2QtNTQ5MWNkMTM3NTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
rd (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pins-logo (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9bbea19e17cdab09840b169ad98aaf76 (resized).jpg
IMG_1931 (resized).PNG
IMG_4764 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
WWhite (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If we could just get someone to lose a toe or get kidnapped, it could really get interesting ...

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I do have that effect on people But sorry, nobody agreed to anything. I was told he was out of his office this week and asked to call back next week. But how about we test your theory? Where do you work?

So one renegade employee at ARA caused all of this with the rest of the company principals totally unaware of the S-storm this was going to cause? So they fire him and all is right with the world?

I hope all those who paid in are made whole, but something doesn't sound right.

#303 3 years ago

I'm sure this guy that got fired was the one that sent the email from ARA.. a CM responding past their client and directly to end users is totally unprofessional. DP could sue them based on that alone I would presume.

#304 3 years ago

Best case scenario is that Rene got canned for mishandling client relationships, and his firing is a signal from ARA they are willing to negotiate in good faith. I hope that's what you Achievers get. There is strong demand for the game, perhaps they can license more units and make the project profitable.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I do have that effect on people But sorry, nobody agreed to anything. I was told he was out of his office this week and asked to call back next week. But how about we test your theory? Where do you work?

LAWL

#306 3 years ago

Dude , there is enough script here for a TBL , part II

Soon in a Cinema near you.

#307 3 years ago

What happened to this thread ??
been quite for 15 hrs.

No good news or bad news ??

Emailed Jaap but he does not want to talk , busy Skyping he says

#308 3 years ago

ARA fired someone and may now be willing to negotiate w/o lawsuit...

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

What happened to this thread ??
been quite for 15 hrs.
No good news or bad news ??
Emailed Jaap but he does not want to talk , busy Skyping he says

I think with the news of Rene's firing at ARA & talks starting again next week, it really doesn't make sense to be all amped up, angry and speculative at the moment.

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

ARA fired someone and may now be willing to negotiate w/o lawsuit...

Maybe they found out this guy was negotiating with DP so they fired him?

No one really knows, it's all speculation. Hoping for the best, but only time will tell. Some of you are more optimistic than me.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Maybe they found out this guy was negotiating with DP so they fired him?

This is defenitely not the case.

Like rarehero says, now it's time to go bowling for like 1-2 weeks and see how things develop. After months of silence between DP and ARA talks have started again which is hopeful. Let's keep our fingers crossed !! Crucial 1-2 weeks coming up after all for us dudes.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Like rarehero says, now it's time to go bowling for like 1-2 weeks and see how things develop. After months of silence between DP and ARA talks have started again which is hopeful. Let's keep our fingers crossed !! Crucial 1-2 weeks coming up after all for us dudes.

Meanwhile inside the ARA factory, #56 is alive and well....

IMG_20141113_143619-Small1 (resized).jpg

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

It's the Urban Achievers! And proud we are of all of them.

#315 3 years ago

So nr 56 is no longer NIB/HUO

#316 3 years ago

No. 56 appears to have the pot leaf art on the playfield. Is it a prototype, or did the playfield artwork change from what's currently on the website?

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No. 56 appears to have the pot leaf art on the playfield. Is it a prototype, or did the playfield artwork change from what's currently on the website?

The pic was from November 2014, so it's the early prototype. I noticed it too and was shocked ARA would let little kids jam out on TBL.

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

The pic was from November 2014, so it's the early prototype. I noticed it too and was shocked ARA would let little kids jam out on TBL.

He, this is Holland. We are used to smoking pot and leafs

I leave the gun-part to you US-guys

#319 3 years ago

Holland Blows !
Like googles idear with the windmills to create sunny weather.

Maybe one day then i return ....

#320 3 years ago

...all I'm saying is Boston Tea Party lol

TW1016-Boston-Tea-Party1.jpg

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

He, this is Holland. We are used to smoking pot and leafs
I leave the gun-part to you US-guys

I hear ya. I will take breasts and pot leafs over guns any day!

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

What is your plan going forward? Earlier this week you were trying to collect details and such as you were also going to get to the bottom of things one way or the other? Are you continuing that or wait and see mode?

Continuing on Tom. If the boxs filled with machines are paid for or can be paid for by DP, everyone should receive those machines.I won't ever try and prevent others getting their machines however for all those in the 100 to 300 range the likelihood of ever getting their money or machine anytime soon is very very very low and no BOP3 is going to change this. Lets all hope they have a complete plan soon in the mean time you never stop.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Till the day you need a gun.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

I haven't needed one yet. Let's not go there.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Continuing on Tom. If the boxs filled with machines are paid for or can be paid for by DP, everyone should receive those machines.I won't ever try and prevent others getting their machines however for all those in the 100 to 300 range the likelihood of ever getting their money or machine anytime soon is very very very low and no BOP3 is going to change this. Lets all hope they have a complete plan soon in the mean time you never stop.

I disagree. DP will never settle for a plan just for the hostage pins. It will be for sure an all or nothing plan.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I haven't needed one yet. Let's not go there.

Just saying you never know.

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

No, I think I'll still go for the pot on that day.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Guns don't kill people...people like Walter kill people lol

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Holland rules!

IMG_4366 (resized).JPG

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I disagree. DP will never settle for a plan just for the hostage pins. It will be for sure an all or nothing plan.

So Rensh you know for fact they have enough money to pay ARA for all the machines assembled plus to pay them to restart the assembly line and get at least all the machines, DP have been paid for, out the door? If so please pm me the facts cheers and hoping you are right

#331 3 years ago

I doubt they have enough money to pay for the machines, I reckon the 150 machines still not paid for, the profit margin on those will pay for TBL, then the 50 or so BOP25 at £12,500 would clear outstanding balance and make DP a profit.

#332 3 years ago

Once a final contract agreement has been signed Production will start up again... DP will ask for the money for the remaining TBL's on pre-order.

#333 3 years ago

Your ability to steadily manufacture pinball machines is still to be determined.

#339 3 years ago

Pinball, not politics.

#340 3 years ago

Note this only applies to political stuff.

You can't freely say something like "I'm gonna kill so-and-so" with no chance of repercussions from making a threat. You could be charged with a criminal offense.

#343 3 years ago

Can we just ditch the political crap, please? I come here for stress release (which, all things considered, might be a mistake anyway)... and lately some of these threads are starting to bum me out. Thank you.

#345 3 years ago

snip

lebowskifascist (resized).jpg

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I come here for stress release ...

Stress RELEASE?!

Laurel & Hardy laughing (resized).jpg

You're in the wrong thread for that man.

#347 3 years ago

Yeah I put up a mellow (well sorta), factual comment that I *knew* was the wrong thing to do in this particular forum. I justified it with the very mature ..."everybody else is doing it".

I now blame the original inflammatory poster for my behavior (pointing finger wildly)

That's my new mature justification anyway

I think the mods do a good job - we're a pretty skittish bunch... it can all go sideways at any minute.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Guns don't kill people...people like Walter kill people lol

Guns don't kill people... bullets do.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Guns don't kill people... bullets do.

My shirt says Guns don't kill people...Lionman does.

#350 3 years ago

guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 22.50
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 50.00
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside