• Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg
15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg
61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
MV5BOTNiNzUyNWMtM2E5Yi00MWJiLTg1M2QtNTQ5MWNkMTM3NTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
rd (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pins-logo (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9bbea19e17cdab09840b169ad98aaf76 (resized).jpg
IMG_1931 (resized).PNG
IMG_4764 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
WWhite (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Why don’t they leverage Stern or JJP as a contract manufacturer to produce their game?

With what money?

And the way manufacturers make things efficent is by using familiar tools, sourcing, and processes - taking someone else's design throws all that out the window

#602 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

... I'd love a big labowski it's my dream theme. I have big labowski shirts and merch, I even have a big labowski duvet cover on my bed ...

Lebowski dude

#603 5 years ago

Wow dont know how I missed that lol. Had just woken up. Maybe to many white Russians. I'm even wearing the shirt.

15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg
#604 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

If you want one, they come up for sale on Pinside once in awhile, so buy one.

Here ya go!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73702

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone know the estimated number of customers who are paid in full and still waiting to receive their game?

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Quoted from Mitch:

Because were are not all rich. I'd love a big lebowski it's my dream theme. I have big lebowski shirts and merch, I even have a big lebowski duvet cover on my bed but that doesn't mean I have 20k plus to spend on a single pinball machine. That's half a years net salary to me, more then I've ever spent on a car.
Especially when there isnt any support for the game or spare parts being made.

Unfortunately, that's the current reality if you want one. There's not much you can do to change it.

Would I like to own a TBL? Sure! Would I want to pay $15k-$20k? Oh heck no. I wasn't even interested in the original sticker price.

Rare games, and especially desirable ones, will command a high price. There are several rare games that I'd like to own, but the price is just usually too high for me to justify. King Kong, Goin Nuts, Krull, Loch Ness Monster, Lazer Lord, Big Foot, Road Runner, Pinball Circus, Wrath of Olympus, Kingpin, Verne's World, Varkon, and so on.

So, TBL owners who want to sell can ask those sort of high prices and find someone who is perfectly happy to pay it. Same goes for Alien. I bet someone would pay a healthy sum for a Predator too.

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bankrupt companies have zero leverage.
And why would Stern or JJP want anything to do with this shit show? WHy would they want to risk doing business with a company with no money, hundreds of pissed off customers, hundreds of thousands (millions?) of dollars in liabilities, and a terrible record of ripping people off?
That's before you even get to the logistics of producing a homemade amateur game that a real pinball company would need to re-engineer to be reliable and work with their line.

That’s pretty funny. Sounds like a disaster and fraud all wrapped up in one. Wonder what bag of goods they sold to ever secure the license (not that it’s a huge property). Or is that a lie?

4 weeks later
#608 5 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I have a collection of over 50 pinballs, so filing a lawsuit for me is not a significant financial challenge.

humble brag

#609 4 years ago

I think that is just a normal brag.

#610 4 years ago

Doesn’t sound like they will be resolving
This bullshit anytime soon, what s big time bummer

#611 4 years ago

Now we have to hope for some news before the August month long holiday.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 weeks later
#612 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Um, okay I guess.

Since you bring up the topic, I would not buy any of the existing TBLs.

First, the asking prices are way too high. I could afford it if I wanted it, and I like the game, but it's not worth that amount to me.

Second, if production did resume, then the price would drop down to the vendor's price for the new production. So the people buying them for 3x the new cost would get burned.

Third, it was not exactly Sony who made these TBL games. What's the reliability like on them?

Fourth, if something does break on your TBL, you're probably screwed. I owned (and loved) an Atari I, Robot (hence my user name), and everything on the game was a special chip or a special board or a special part made of unobtainium. I had to have a new flyback transformer made for me by piecing together several bad flybacks that I found purely by luck. I could not get some replacement parts for the monitor and had to jury rig a few things. You can have my share of that noise.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Um, okay I guess.
Since you bring up the topic, I would not buy any of the existing TBLs.
First, the asking prices are way too high. I could afford it if I wanted it, and I like the game, but it's not worth that amount to me.
Second, if production did resume, then the price would drop down to the vendor's price for the new production. So the people buying them for 3x the new cost would get burned.
Third, it was not exactly Sony who made these TBL games. What's the reliability like on them?
Fourth, if something does break on your TBL, you're probably screwed. I owned (and loved) an Atari I, Robot (hence my user name), and everything on the game was a special chip or a special board or a special part made of unobtainium. I had to have a new flyback transformer made for me by piecing together several bad flybacks that I found purely by luck. I could not get some replacement parts for the monitor and had to jury rig a few things. You can have my share of that noise.

100% correct Your second point is the biggest deterrent possible. If you are willing to buy one of these now, you have to be willing to feel good about losing $10,000+ overnight. Good luck explaining that one to the wife...

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

100% correct Your second point is the biggest deterrent possible. If you are willing to buy one of these now, you have to be willing to feel good about losing $10,000+ overnight. Good luck explaining that one to the wife...

Agreed but looking at the probability with this company I suspect the Opposite saying there is maybe a 1% chance they do Anything which could actually make theses games worth More! lol Wish I could get one but agreed they are a bit to expensive for the risks involved.

#615 4 years ago

#616 4 years ago

I’d pay 10-12k for one of ones still in the box but that’s it ! 20k is rediculous

BBBR is next and will be bad ass for $8k

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’d pay 10-12k for one of ones still in the box but that’s it ! 20k is rediculous
BBBR is next and will be bad ass for $8k

While I am with you on TBL I am fairly certain BBBr will not be next for several years.

1 week later
#618 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While I am with you on TBL I am fairly certain BBBr will not be next for several years.

I heard from a good source it’s next
So time will tell. The ones for $16k will
Tank

11 months later
#619 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Would I like to own a TBL? Sure! Would I want to pay $15k-$20k? Oh heck no. I wasn't even interested in the original sticker price.

What was (or is) the original sticker price for the TBL?

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

What was (or is) the original sticker price for the TBL?

$8500 + shipping

https://www.pinballnews.com/news/lebowski.html

9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg
#621 3 years ago

I am EA #187 and I paid $9500. Just letting you know!

#622 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for this. TBL & Dutch Pinball = An interesting pin story with its highs and lows.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-action-lawsuit/page/13?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.