• Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9586A995-FBC6-49E9-A9FF-6908C8C90B6D (resized).jpeg
15511963056068435672294804255562 (resized).jpg
61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
MV5BOTNiNzUyNWMtM2E5Yi00MWJiLTg1M2QtNTQ5MWNkMTM3NTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
rd (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pins-logo (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9bbea19e17cdab09840b169ad98aaf76 (resized).jpg
IMG_1931 (resized).PNG
IMG_4764 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.01.32 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 10.12.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
WWhite (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
#501 6 years ago

Well I think some company wants 51% of the lawsuits coming their way.

Things take time.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Things got pretty quite here?

Yes, quite quiet.

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Things got pretty quite here?

Yes quite quiet

1 week later
#504 6 years ago

Hi all,

Not very active here usually, and have no horse in this race. However, I am an avid pinball and TBL movie fan and actually had my sights set on a TBL machine sooner or later, so I was very saddened to read up on the recent events regarding Dutch Pinball.

One piece of advice from a EU citizen would be to look into EU consumer law. I am not sure it applies to non-EU citizens, but the framework itself is very strong, and if an EU citizen is one of the affected, the regulation could likely be used to coerce information if nothing else.
So, might be worth looking into. Good luck to everyone - would be a shame to see this ending in tears.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Foxis:

One piece of advice from a EU citizen would be to look into EU consumer law. I am not sure it applies to non-EU citizens, but the framework itself is very strong, and if an EU citizen is one of the affected, the regulation could likely be used to coerce information if nothing else.
So, might be worth looking into. Good luck to everyone - would be a shame to see this ending in tears.

On behalf of myself and other Early Achievers (with ailing horses in this race) - thanks Dude!

#506 6 years ago

Why don't we just force them into bankruptcy and then see if we can negotiate the remaining games be completed by another manufacturer? I'm afraid all of us with deposits, however, will be sol.

#507 6 years ago

Wow, I can't believe it's a year since I played this at the pinball show here. I'm starting to feel like I really lucked out getting my one single game in.

#508 6 years ago

These shit bags are done. Good riddance.

Heighway is right behind them.

#509 6 years ago

Iceman this aggression will not stand man. Oh fu$k it let's go bowling.

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

These shit bags are done. Good riddance.
Heighway is right behind them.

Yea good riddance to two companies that tried and made great machines. C'mon man. In your world nobody bothers and shit just happens.

3 weeks later
#511 6 years ago

So what's happening with TBL?

#512 6 years ago

from live podcast DP waiting quotetion from other company/factory that can make pin for em . waiting pricing on parts and everything , should took 3-4weeks start from 20th june or smth close .

than they will announce next step

#513 6 years ago

Sounds like alot of horse shit & gun smoke,glad my deposit is with cointaker. I hope they work it out I really want that pin !

2 weeks later
#514 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I'm starting to feel like I really lucked out getting my one single game in

I played it 2 years ago at the Dutch pinball open...
Stood in line for an hour and ofcourse i had the one with the crappy weakleft flipper bat.
So any news?

#516 6 years ago

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#517 6 years ago

Does anyone know whats really going on ?

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Does anyone know whats really going on ?

"Mother, mother...."

61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg61B+ynrx3gL._SY400_ (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#519 6 years ago

Any updates? I haven't seen anything else since Jaap's vblog (which interestingly, doesn't show up on the list of available videos on their youtube channel, but you can still get there from the link Tuna_Delight posted).

#520 6 years ago

It's national vacation time in the Netherlands.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

For a month? Must kill their national productivity.

#522 6 years ago

How do i get in on the pre-order?

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Work/life balance is important to Europeans. Pretty dude-like when you think about it.

Quoted from xbmanx:

You buy my #59 slot.

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Wish we had holidays like that!

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Carefully? You could buy out someone's paid-in-full slot, but then you're taking on the full risk that the game never ships. Opinions may differ but that still seems like a pretty big risk to me.

Alternately you could contact Coin Taker and see if they've got any preorder slots available. At one point I think they were taking $1000 down payments, and this seems much less risky than forking over $8k+. I believe Coin Taker charged/is charging more than the early achievers paid, but that's the cost of risk management.

#526 6 years ago

Sorry to say that we don't have month long summer holidays . Standard is around 25-30 holiday days a year. Most people take max 3 weeks in the summer.

Didn't Jaap say that it was a two week closure ?

#527 6 years ago

Last NSNL said an update was coming on 25th Aug

I messaged Jaap yesterday to ask how it is going and he said very well... that's it.. guess will know more in a couple days!

#528 6 years ago

It's a permanent holiday for those guys

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry to say that we don't have month long summer holidays . Standard is around 25-30 holiday days a year.

Which still comes down to 5 to 6 weeks a year

#530 6 years ago

Still hoping that this is the very last August holiday where we are wishing for it to end. Next year all issues resolved/TBLs received and the vacation would only impact the production line for TBL #400 and higher? Wishful thinking I know.

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Wish we had holidays like that!

Apparently Dutch productivity is the 2nd highest in the world. I assume this is because they are not exhausted and constantly worrying about healthcare like I am

#532 6 years ago

Are we ready to drop a lawsuit on them? Force them into bankruptcy and let someone else make TBL?

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry to say that we don't have month long summer holidays . Standard is around 25-30 holiday days a year. Most people take max 3 weeks in the summer.
Didn't Jaap say that it was a two week closure ?

Uh, closure of what?

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Uh, closure of what?

Closed for vacation.

#535 6 years ago

Dutch is on the roster for an "update"seminar at Expo this year.

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Dutch is on the roster for an "update"seminar at Expo this year.

Hummm, dont think that will happen.

#537 6 years ago

Shocking to consider back to the big reveal at 2014 expo, and to think that 3 years later the news would be that they're trying to get a new prototype done for 2017 expo, and most would guess it's not going to make it.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Closed for vacation.

I was being sarcastic.

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hummm, dont think that will happen.

According to last NSN plane tickets to Chicago have been booked and the seminar is on the schedule so where your remark is based upon ??

#540 6 years ago

So, to return to the original question. Do we wait for more broken promises or go ahead and put them out of their misery with a lawsuit? I don't mind initiating the lawsuit. The goal would be for them to come clean on refunds, or barring that, force them into bankruptcy, then buy the rights to TBL. Someone like JJP or Spooky might make the game at that point. I imagine everyone with deposits would lose them, including me.

I'm just tired of excuses. I want my TBL and I would just as soon have someone else build it.

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

So, to return to the original question. Do we wait for more broken promises or go ahead and put them out of their misery with a lawsuit? I don't mind initiating the lawsuit. The goal would be for them to come clean on refunds, or barring that, force them into bankruptcy, then buy the rights to TBL. Someone like JJP or Spooky might make the game at that point. I imagine everyone with deposits would lose them, including me.
I'm just tired of excuses. I want my TBL and I would just as soon have someone else build it.

I'm as anxious as anyone to get my TBL, but I don't see a lawsuit from TBL buyers necessarily being the most productive option at this point.

DP seems to be moving forward and communicating regularly in good faith at this point. I vote to give them a chance to complete our games as proposed.

Early Achiever #59

#542 6 years ago

Sure , DP seems to be "moving forward"...how they are actually doing that relative to the financial side of this is a massive mystery that at face value, has no logical conclusion since all of the seed money from everyones deposits is long gone....so who/what is funding the present redesign / prototyping?

Also, we are just waiting for the other shoe to drop with ARA...they have a legitimate dispute with DP for a very large sum of money...does anyone really think that part of the story is over? What happens when ARA does file their lawsuit...then what? How can anyone expect DP to not only fund new manufacturing and redesign for games that are already paid for but now have to take on the burden of legal costs and potential judgments against them in favor of ARA at the end of the day? I want a TBL pinball more than any pin on the planet and was blown away when I got to play it but sadly I struggle to see any happy ending out of all of this...

#543 6 years ago

I Think they will Fly with the German company Air Berlin and they are bankruptcy.

So they i have an excuse to come Not to the Expo

They laught about it and still Drinking some Wine or something like that.

Promises, Promises, Promises.

And Another month is over, and Another month is over...

#544 6 years ago

DP seems to be moving forward and communicating regularly in good faith at this point. I vote to give them a chance to complete our games as proposed.
Early Achiever #59

Actions speak louder than words. Right now, DP's words are meaningless. Your game is #59 - it's been sitting at ARA for a year now. Is that still your game, or will #59 now be one of the new alleged redesigned games? ARA hasn't been paid and is sitting on inventory they can't use while DP claims they're starting from scratch with a new company - paying them how with what money?

I'm surprised this whole deal isn't knee deep in lawsuits already. The patience that buyers is baffling in a post-Jpop, post-Skit, post-Heighway world.

I hope everyone gets their money or a game, but jeeeeeeeeze this whole friggin' thing.....

#545 6 years ago

Why a lawsuit now as opposed to three or 6 months ago? Because some folks are suddenly surprised or upset that businesses in the Netherlands close down for part of August? Because DP isn't following thru fast enough on their current plan that they announced a few months ago, has been regularly communicated on, and will obviously take time to complete?

Yes - thank you, my game has apparently been sitting in Holland since last fall and I'm understandably unhappy about it as well as the CRAPPY options I have available to me for ever seeing it or my money. Spending additional funds on lawyers for a legal action in a foreign country and potentially killing any remaining possibility for getting my game just doesn't seem like the best option at this point though. I am open for viable solutions - but not the simple "Sue 'em!" solution offered, without any logical plan, by various posters with no apparent real knowledge of or financial stake in this matter.

#546 6 years ago

Why a lawsuit now as opposed to three or 6 months ago? Because some folks are suddenly surprised or upset that businesses in the Netherlands close down for part of August? Because DP isn't following thru fast enough on their current plan that they announced a few months ago, has been regularly communicated on, and will obviously take time to complete?
Yes - thank you, my game has apparently been sitting in Holland since last fall and I'm understandably unhappy about it as well as the CRAPPY options I have available to me for ever seeing it or my money. Spending additional funds on lawyers for a legal action in a foreign country and potentially killing any remaining possibility for getting my game just doesn't seem like the best option at this point though. I am open for viable solutions - but not the simple "Sue 'em!" solution offered, without any logical plan, by various posters with no apparent real knowledge of or financial stake in this matter.

If I had an answer, I'd have an answer. I'm just surprised that people are still pretty chill and have faith when we've seen one new pin operation after another blow it. What is DP doing or saying that makes anyone believe they'll be able to pull this off?

#547 6 years ago

FYI - I am not overjoyed with the current plan. I would have preferred an ARA/DP solution and still do. It's the quickest way to people receiving pins.

But with DP's current decision making process, this seems to be the next step. I cannot imagine a scenario where ARA does not sue DP, but then again, I couldn't imagine a scenario where ARA would order and pay for parts w/o DP money in their hands first. Feels like amateurs on both sides.

That all being said, DP moving forward with a new CM will surely bring this to a head quickly. If anything would prompt a lawsuit, that would be it.

I've been a pretty big proponent of looking at the numbers all during this shit show. DP's latest plan (while not optimal in my opinion) does look like it could work financially, if a lot of things go well. But an ARA lawsuit would probably f*ck it up fast.

#548 6 years ago

Remember...

DP seid that they dont have Money to Pay all back.

Now the will realise it with Another company.

With which money they will sell the new company?

Which bank will give the money without becoming money from new Buyers of tbl?

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

According to last NSN plane tickets to Chicago have been booked and the seminar is on the schedule so where your remark is based upon ??

Thats good news!
I know 3 that might fly in to have a little talk with them and discuss refunds. If there even thinking of a new table or company. Well, i'd love to film the conversation mentioned above.
This could get real good and ugly fast.
(Above sounded harsh, No violence or yelling would be tolerated.)

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This could get real good and ugly fast.

Because no one from DP could read this and decide not to attend...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

15,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-action-lawsuit/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.