You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DownloadedFile.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
#1 12 years ago

tuscaloosa.craigslist.org link

This one has gotten kinda odd. Contacted the seller. The machine is still available. Its located in Va (he's cast his CL net rather wide).

"I am selling the pinball for $1550.If you are interested to buy it i will do this deal only trough eBay. If you are still interested then i'll send you pictures.
I will ship them via FedEx. I will pay shipping."

I'm going to reply just to see where it goes. Not really a machine on my wish list, but peaked my interest if its not a scam of some sort.

#2 12 years ago

scam

#3 12 years ago

Just got pics, and they're from an existing ebay listing from Cali. So now I'm just gonna mess with him as much as I can. Just replied that I have a friend in the area that could come by to inspect, pay for and haul the machine.

#4 12 years ago

awesome! please keep the narrative with him going as long as possible. just good clean fun.

#5 12 years ago

damn...i couldn't keep him strung along very long. he has just really lame game though - wanting me to "go thru ebay" but doesn't have a listing (there is a listing with the same pics he sent, but not his). I guess the idea was that I'd give him my ebay account name (paypal?) and he'd send me an invoice that i was supposed to just blindly pay. He couldn't even muster a phone conversation - I mean, c'mon! Even the most green Nigerian scammer will get on the phone with you at the drop of a hat.

So I'll out him a bit - though I doubt any here would fall to this lame game.

Adam Goldberg <[email protected]>
supposedly out of Virginia

#6 12 years ago

Adam Goldberg <[email protected]>
supposedly out of Virginia

WHAT!? The Hebrew Hammer is trying to scam people now?

images-2.jpegimages-2.jpeg DownloadedFile.jpegDownloadedFile.jpeg

#7 12 years ago

If interested in this game, I'll be selling mine when done shopping it. It's in fairly good shape, but I'm waiting on taking picts till done shopping it. The price I was looking for is around what he was, only mine would be real

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

Just replied that I have a friend in the area that could come by to inspect, pay for and haul the machine.

I like to do the same thing. When they tell me the shipping location I will usually tell them that I in the area and would like to pay cash and just pick it up as soon as they are available. Next thing you know they are in the hospital in another country because they got sick while out of town on business. He has nobody locally that can do it for him.

The other answer I get is that it is getting dropped shipped buy someone in another location, he lives there. I usually answer that it must be fate nad we are lucky because my brother is driving in that dropship area now and will pick it up in our truck. Then the story is it is in a warehouse and they do nto allow pick-ups or they stop responding. Fun times. If we all did this waisting their time, maybe they will not get so many people.

#9 12 years ago

The Hebrew Hammer!!!!

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from Slaymetender:

If interested in this game, I'll be selling mine when done shopping it. It's in fairly good shape, but I'm waiting on taking picts till done shopping it. The price I was looking for is around what he was, only mine would be real

Shoot, too far away again! Been looking for this title in that price range for a while, and its always too far away. They bring another grand around here.

Yea, I saw that ad on a south Alabama CL (dont remember which one) and got the 1550 shipped from NC line as well. Naturally I offered to pick it up since I was going to be in town in a couple days anyway . For some reason I never heard back from him

#11 12 years ago

yeah, I've noticed that about 50% of the CL pinball ads are misleading or outright fraud. When my SWEP1 is done, somebody will get a nice machine for a good price. I'm not looking to make a mint on it, and it's not HOU, so won't be one of those crazy 4K + ones out there, but it'll look nice and play well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

5,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cl-swe1-1550-shipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.