Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Heaterguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heaterguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I checked on an ad listed in Richmond Indiana, a STNG for $800. If its too good to be true well...
    here is the response...is it a scam? (sorry for the multiple pics I cant figure out how to delete them)

Hi, my name Sandra Morris the Williams Original Star Trek The Next Generation Pinball Machine It is still available for sale if interested and the price, as stated in the ad, is $800. The pinball is in pristine condition, no dents or dings and no scratches. I had to move out and now I am living with my parents in Omaha,NE. I am selling it at this final price of $800 because my husband died 2 month ago (he had a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories and that’s the reason I want to sell it a.s.a.p.
    I want to use eBay services for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing this pinball just email me with your full name, address including the zip code and phone number, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. Thanks, hope to do business with you soon
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10 5 years ago

I asked why it was listed in Indiana...

"First of all I want to thank you for being interested in purchasing my pinball.Now I'm in Omaha,NE back with my parents and the game is already at the shipping company in Omaha along with all the paperwork and they will handle the transaction regarding shipping, payment and paper exchange. You will have free delivery and 5 days to check it before I receive any money, the game arriving at you in 3-5 days.
    If for some reason you won't like it (I know this is not going to happen cause it's in excellent condition) it will be shipped back to me on my expense and eBay will refund your money. So if you want to make this deal just reply with your first and last name, delivery address including zip code and phone number and I will forward your info to ebay so they can send you all the details.

Thanks'

#12 5 years ago

I was 95% sure it was a scam, just wanted to share the info and spread the word.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Next time you see one of these you'll be 100 % sure and you won't have to ask.

True, but had I seen someone warning others I would have been 100% sure as well. That's the main reason I posted this, was to help raise the awareness of these type of scams and maybe help others to avoid it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heaterguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cl-scam?tu=heaterguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.