87 days ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 87 days ago by Heaterguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 87 days ago

I checked on an ad listed in Richmond Indiana, a STNG for $800. If its too good to be true well...
    here is the response...is it a scam? (sorry for the multiple pics I cant figure out how to delete them)

Hi, my name Sandra Morris the Williams Original Star Trek The Next Generation Pinball Machine It is still available for sale if interested and the price, as stated in the ad, is $800. The pinball is in pristine condition, no dents or dings and no scratches. I had to move out and now I am living with my parents in Omaha,NE. I am selling it at this final price of $800 because my husband died 2 month ago (he had a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories and that’s the reason I want to sell it a.s.a.p.
    I want to use eBay services for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing this pinball just email me with your full name, address including the zip code and phone number, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. Thanks, hope to do business with you soon
    pasted_image (resized).png

#2 87 days ago

There is a post in Michigan for a High Speed using the exact same pic and the exact same price. Smells like a scam. I saw both ads a couple of days ago and passed on even responding

#3 87 days ago

Dead husband story = scam
    Give me your email etc = scam

Identity theft bro

#4 87 days ago

I would bet its a scam. Price is too good to be true and it is listed on CL in a different city than the machine is located.

Cash on the glass is the only way to be sure! Tell the seller you have a local friend who wants to look at it. That usually uncovers what creature is lurking under the rock!

#5 87 days ago

Looks good to me. Make sure and send your SSN and bank account numbers as well.

#6 87 days ago

Yes, because Ebay contacts individuals to by-pass their auction system. SMH. Really dude?

#7 87 days ago

It was for sale in Burlington, WI last week too. (STTNG for $800)

#8 87 days ago

100% scam. See https://www.419eater.com/ if you want tips on how to string along the scammer.

#9 87 days ago

That ad is posted in other places as well. Its fake bro.

#10 87 days ago

I asked why it was listed in Indiana...

"First of all I want to thank you for being interested in purchasing my pinball.Now I'm in Omaha,NE back with my parents and the game is already at the shipping company in Omaha along with all the paperwork and they will handle the transaction regarding shipping, payment and paper exchange. You will have free delivery and 5 days to check it before I receive any money, the game arriving at you in 3-5 days.
    If for some reason you won't like it (I know this is not going to happen cause it's in excellent condition) it will be shipped back to me on my expense and eBay will refund your money. So if you want to make this deal just reply with your first and last name, delivery address including zip code and phone number and I will forward your info to ebay so they can send you all the details.

Thanks'

#11 87 days ago

Yeah that's a scam, that is a photo that's years old. There's a fake Checkpoint out there on CL too right now (don't know why you'd pick that one, but...)

#12 87 days ago

I was 95% sure it was a scam, just wanted to share the info and spread the word.

#13 87 days ago

Enlighten me on what they can do with your first and last name, delivery address including zip code and phone number

#14 87 days ago
    Quoted from Heaterguy:

I asked why it was listed in Indiana...
    "First of all I want to thank you for being interested in purchasing my pinball.Now I'm in Omaha,NE back with my parents and the game is already at the shipping company in Omaha along with all the paperwork and they will handle the transaction regarding shipping, payment and paper exchange. You will have free delivery and 5 days to check it before I receive any money, the game arriving at you in 3-5 days.
    If for some reason you won't like it (I know this is not going to happen cause it's in excellent condition) it will be shipped back to me on my expense and eBay will refund your money. So if you want to make this deal just reply with your first and last name, delivery address including zip code and phone number and I will forward your info to ebay so they can send you all the details.
    Thanks'

Tell him you are local to NE and plan to go through there soon and can pick the game up. You will pay him in cash when you get there.

#15 87 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tell him you are local to NE and plan to go through there soon and can pick the game up. You will pay him in cash when you get there.

And he will get no reply......

#16 87 days ago

100% Scam, scam, scam. That ad keeps being posted in various cities.

#17 87 days ago
    Quoted from Heaterguy:

I was 95% sure it was a scam, just wanted to share the info and spread the word.

Next time you see one of these you'll be 100 % sure and you won't have to ask.

It's easy to get excited about a cheap game but when the ad sounds like a robot wrote it and the title is WPC Pinball instead of "star trek" pinball just move on.

#18 87 days ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Enlighten me on what they can do with your first and last name, delivery address including zip code and phone number

Send someone over to rob the house when you're not there? They might assume pinball people must have other stuff and games they can steal and pawn/sell.

#19 87 days ago

This was posted on Boston's CL a few weeks ago. Couldn't click/smash the "prohibited" link fast enough.

#20 87 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Next time you see one of these you'll be 100 % sure and you won't have to ask.

True, but had I seen someone warning others I would have been 100% sure as well. That's the main reason I posted this, was to help raise the awareness of these type of scams and maybe help others to avoid it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    $ 36.99
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 149.00
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.99
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ...redshiftLED
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 295.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 4.95
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside