(Topic ID: 20088)

CL record for most spelling/grammatical errors?

By floyd1977

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jamaster10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

"Are you sick of griffith round lake then flag them. there to cheap to advertise like all other business. this sight is for the home owners trying to sell there things they dont need anymore, so lets rid of these pests flag them. ps there pinballs suck to they are garbage."

I know what he means though. The Round Lake ones are especially annoying because you'll do a search for "pinball" in Chicago and get 20 consecutive ads for small rides/redemption games (no pinball).

#2 11 years ago

Im no english major but some of the stuff I see makes my 8 yr old laugh. This Is a reply I got from an ad I had posted for a Pat Hand.

"Hi. How would u rate cosmwtically outof 100? Thanks"

WTF is that?

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

WTF is that?

??
    I thought at it was common knowledge that a "w" following a "c" and directly preceeding a "t" makes the short "e" sound

#4 11 years ago

I

Quoted from j_m_:??
    I thought at it was common knowledge that a "w" following a "c" and directly preceeding a "t" makes the short "e" sound

I thought he just had an extremely bad lisp.lol

#5 11 years ago

At least for that, you can give him the benefit of the doubt that he was typing on a tiny phone keyboard. To me, the "outof 100" thing is the funny part. A scale of 10 is not enough granularity?

#6 11 years ago

I prefer the traditional letter grading scale of F - W.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

At least for that, you can give him the benefit of the doubt that he was typing on a tiny phone keyboard. To me, the "outof 100" thing is the funny part. A scale of 10 is not enough granularity?

Yea, that cracks me up too. Every time I post a pin on CL lately he sends me the same question. Sometimes he asks me twice. That's all I ever get from him. No contact after that ever. One time I told him 95 just to see what he would reply and I got nothing. If your interested in a pin and the seller says 95 wouldn't that be enough? I mean damn, what is he only looking for perfect tens? Idk, CL is a funny thing. I posted some adds for extra work doing appliance repair(my day job) and I did get a fair amount of interest but the people were so WIERD I had to stop. One guy answered his door in boxers and nothing else and stood there while I worked on his dishwasher untill I told him to go put some pants on. Another guy had me fix his microwave and asked me if I wanted to make some extra money posing for a photo shoot. WTF? I know where that was going. He even called me for a week leaving me messages asking again. No more side work through CL for me.

#8 11 years ago

Im no english major but some of the stuff I see makes my 8 yr old laugh. This Is a reply I got from an ad I had posted for a Pat Hand.
    WTF is that?

i stil wateing on ur anser

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

i stil wateing on ur anser

LMAO! thanks for the grin this morning

#10 11 years ago

I wanted to make some extra money posing for a photo shoot

I'm still waiting for him to call back for those photos.. candid photos? he asked him knowingly.. winkwink nudgenudge

#11 11 years ago

Everybody knows i suck at spelling and grammer. i get bashed because i post a ton of inventory on CL, its free why not. I spend plenty to advertise locally. i get flagged alll the time , oh well just the bs ya get for free ads.
    i blame my spelling on my hot english teacher that never wore panties under her skirt!
    Then there was the one with big boobs. Oh cant froget about the typing teacher as well.
    LOL
    Jesse
    Pincades

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

i blame my spelling on my hot english teacher that never wore panties under her skirt!
    Then there was the one with big boobs.

can we go back in time so that I can say "pictures or it didn't happen"?

#13 11 years ago

I can't believe that guy. CL is free (yes, even for commercial use). The only thing they charge for is real estate. It's why many businesses use it for job placement, it's free unlike monster.

#14 11 years ago

The CL "flag them" guy does seem like a pest.
    Not sure what axe he has to grind, but he does not make himself look good.

#15 11 years ago

I just find it amusing that people are concerned at all about what is posted on CL. It's a free, community moderated marketplace! If that dude has so much time to comb CL enough to get him so hot-headed, perhaps he should take the time to read his post a few times over before hitting "post".

...and yet here I am chiming in.

#16 11 years ago

An ebay listing was placed a couple days ago for a Road Race machine manufactured by "Gotslies & Co".

#17 11 years ago

WTF is that?

Wow, I had a guy that asked me in broken English where I was located. Really?! Sometimes I feel like this stuff is for data mining real emails and other nefarious schemes. All in all though, it's pretty funny.

#18 11 years ago

its amazing how may times the words 'to be' are left out...such as...

'needs cleaned'
    'needs fixed'

or even better 'condition' with a 's'

'this is in great conditions'

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cl-record-for-most-spellinggrammatical-errors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.