(Topic ID: 94115)

CL Laugh of the Day: 6k dirty ugly Space Shuttle...

By Frax

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chucktee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shuttle_faaade.jpg

#1 4 years ago

houston.craigslist.org link

Lmao...what a douche...

"For sale all original, un -restored Space Shuttle pinball machine manufactured by Williams Electronics Inc. Instruction manual included. Asking $6000.00 or best offer."

Guess that manual's worth the extra 5k, right? Or is the bubbling backglass considered "patina"?

#2 4 years ago

I bought mine in a little better condition non working for $100. Good luck buddy.

#3 4 years ago

The guy made a mistake in is asking price by at least 3 or 4 zeros LOL

#4 4 years ago

I would love to see the look on his face when he gets an offer of 200 bucks, idiot!

#5 4 years ago

Okay, TBH, I suppose it COULD be a typo, in which case I would probably rescind my statement, but even at 600$....eh... that's really pushing it unless the thing is known working 100%. I paid 500 for mine, it was my first pin, and my backglass was beautiful, and my cab less faded...I guess you could call it pinflation but bleh...

#6 4 years ago

ROTFLMAO Think the seller would be lucky to get $200 on a good day! Its official. Stupidity has no bounds.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, TBH, I suppose it COULD be a typo, in which case I would probably rescind my statement, but even at 600$....eh... that's really pushing it unless the thing is known working 100%. I paid 500 for mine, it was my first pin, and my backglass was beautiful, and my cab less faded...I guess you could call it pinflation but bleh...

Doubt it. That would be a typo in the title and text body.

#8 4 years ago

Just think what the remakes will go for!!!!!

#9 4 years ago

Thank goodness someone is finally selling an original, so sick of these nice looking restores that people are selling for thousands less *end sarcasm*

Man, if that cabinet were any more faded, it would be solid blue
shuttle_faaade.jpg

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Doubt it. That would be a typo in the title and text body.

Definitely doubt it. This is EXACTLY why I cannot stand CL. All I can I say GLWS>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#11 4 years ago

God damn. Guess I should list mine at $15k.

#12 4 years ago

Has anybody called this guy yet to give him an expectation of what he is getting into?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Had someone offer me a space shuttle in worse condition pf wise. 3 of the displays were out as well. Oh and they used pipe strap to repair the front right of the cab. They wanted 850 for it. I laughed and passed. Was prepared to pay $100...

#14 4 years ago

txt the guy...

ME: 6000 for a non-restored space shuttle? Does it even work?

SSGUY: OBO and im selling for a friend and that was there asking price.

ME:Does it work? $6000 is a good price for a high end restore. Nonworking and unrestored ....$100. Not trying to be a dick. Working and shopped, $1000(Pinball guide)

SSGUY: Im not sure and even if it didnt work 100 dollars thats just no, there were only 7k made and it would be worth more if it does not work

ME: How is it worth more if it doesnt work?

SSGUY: I estimated and I mean worth more than $100.

Me: Does it turn on and play?

SSGUY: Im not sure.

Me: Well dont turn it on and check.

ME: You will damage more if it doesnt work and you turn on .

#15 4 years ago

This is what you get when people start watching pickers, and auction shows on reality TV. They stumble on their Uncle's old game and think they have hit the lotto....GLWS buddy...

It sounds like it will take a long time to convince this clown that is is not even close to a 6k game

#16 4 years ago

That's okay, there's another dweeb in Dallas asking 7500 for a combo DK/DJ Jr./Mario Bros. arcade that Namco released in 2005. Nevermind you can buy them online from retailers for a third of that, and on private market for 1k-1500.

#17 4 years ago

My text to him.

Me: About the Space Shuttle. I already have one I bought a nicer one for $100 and restored it. I could probably get $1800 now. Not trying to upset you just giving you a realistic expectation. They made over 7000 of these and in pinball that is far above rare. (included picture of my pf swap) Picture to show you I am telling you the truth. Take care and good luck.

Him: Yeah I know its not worth it I just put the asking price the lady told me and that's really nice (referring to my machine).

#18 4 years ago

If that's in really nice condition, I might as well register my living room as a non profit pinball museum and start selling tickets.

#19 4 years ago

@Quiddity ...he was saying @futurepinhead's playfield swap was nice

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from horriblehager:

@Quiddity ...he was saying @futurepinhead's playfield swap was nice

Yep, sorry for the confusion, updated my post.

#21 4 years ago

well it does have the gold edition flippers

#22 4 years ago

Price is falling already down to $4500

#23 4 years ago

Yeah, he was actually a really nice guy to me. I just told him in the least confrontational way possible that it wasn't worth a fraction of what he wanted. He is well aware of it but the lady he is selling it for thinks she just got the jackpot. I am guessing he is going to show her all of the ugly texts I am sure he has been receiving.

#24 4 years ago

I never get the "they only made thousands of them"? How many buyers do these sellers think there are?

#25 4 years ago

These prices are all your handy work. Soak it up and spend your cash genius.

#26 4 years ago

OH...MY....GOD. Ah yes-isn't it lovely when an uninformed person tries to sell a pinball? Tell them to not worry; some noob will buy it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside