12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Congrats to the person who posted some CL pinball bargains, obviously way far away from where he lived. I was 20 miles away from the seller, but since you posted the ads on an international forum, the guy was bombarded with inquiries and has pulled the ad and hiked up the prices.

You're not doing anybody any favors posting stuff like that. You're just screwing over fellow pinball enthusiasts. People from outside the area will contact the seller and out of spite, tell them they are selling the machine too low. If you ever hope to get your own deal, don't post stuff in large forums -- all you're doing is sabotaging everyone else.

#2 12 years ago

I've always found it odd that people do that, but I don't let it bother me.

#3 12 years ago

I'm in a bit of agreement with you. I know people have good intentions with giving a 'heads-up' by posting CL ads for good deals, but often times, it only serves to bring the sharks in and leaves the local guy out whose probably already on top of the ad anyway. If I see something of interest not local to me, I'll usually send a private PM to someone whose in that area letting them know, but I don't post it on a board of 1000's.

#4 12 years ago

I know there are some people who, if they can't get the deal, will try to kill it. After speaking to the seller, that's what happened today.

It's no big deal - not a big loss for me, but had this been a game I'd really, really wanted and had been waiting a long time to get, I'd be pretty upset.

Recently I answered an ad for a game that I really wanted; the seller said he had already made a deal with someone. Then he asked if I was willing to pay more. The truth was, I was willing to pay up to $1000 more for the game than what he had it listed for, but I figured, treat other people the way you'd like to be treated so I didn't make a counter offer. Someone beat me to it and good luck to them. It doesn't seem right to poison the deal.

#5 12 years ago

Yeah, i don't post local deals. I know the local pinheads are already looking. I want to keep the prices market competetive for the area.

#6 12 years ago

I don't post till the deal is done.

#7 12 years ago

keeping all buying/selling private in my mind the better play to make

#8 12 years ago

I've had the price driven up on me by people on this board but you don't hear me bellyachin' about it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cl-heads-up-posts-sabotage-transaction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.