New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 117111)

Cirqus Voltaire...cliffy set?

By ulmpharmd

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Does anyone have a cliffy set for CV? I have a really nice one on the way to me and I always put cliffy's on all my games....or does anyone know where I can find them?

#2 5 years ago

These were in stock a month ago.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_4&products_id=522

Maybe ask them when stock will return

#3 5 years ago

Email him directly and he will hook you up
http://www.passionforpinball.com/

#4 5 years ago

Yes as above. I have been ordering direct from Cliff on my last few sets. He ships fast.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks guys, but I tried and he's out. He needs someone to loan him a playfield to make a full set...anybody got one avail for him to borrow? I would, but wont be doing a swap for quite awhile...

#6 5 years ago

I've seen to orbits plastic one, do you think one is better than the other?
Magicchiz

I am also assuming you are saying that Cliffys needs a playfield?

#7 5 years ago

The pinbits metal one is awesome. I've been using that for 4 years with no trouble.

If you write to pinbits they can make more if they know there is demand.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

The pinbits metal one is awesome. I've been using that for 4 years with no trouble.
If you write to pinbits they can make more if they know there is demand.

Thanks. I emailed Martin to see what he can do.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Thanks. I emailed Martin to see what he can do.

I'll do the same. I could use a CV protector.

#10 5 years ago

Me too!

#11 5 years ago

I also need one! i'll send an email too

#12 5 years ago

Awesome! Thanks all!

3 weeks later
#13 5 years ago

Me three!

#14 5 years ago

I heard a plastic one is the best that is no longer made, anyone know anything about that one?

#15 5 years ago

I have the plastic one on mine. I tried the metal one and it only took about five time of the ringmaster coming up and caught the edge of the protector and bent it up as he came up. I then found the plastic one and never had a problem since.

#16 5 years ago

Where do you get it from?

#17 5 years ago

Atomicboy, You can't. No one is making these at this time.

#18 5 years ago

I have the metal set on my CV and it's worked fine for me, but you really have to watch alignment as "thepinballworks" noted above. You have to ensure there's no way that the Ringmaster is going to catch on the metal playfield protector ring when he raises.

Before I installed the metal protector, I got some cool ball action from the Ringmaster playfield hole itself. If I shot the ball at the hole and hit the extreme left or right of the hole, the ball would start to go into the hole, but the g-forces would whip the ball around the edge of the hole, like an inner loop shot, and the ball would come flying out and back at the flippers, which was pretty sweet and cool looking. I was worried that the metal protector would change this behavior, but I found it didn't. I like seeing the ball arc around the Ringmaster hole like that on a glancing shot. I wonder if the plastic protector changes the way the ball whips around the hole on a glancing like that? It looked to me like the plastic protector may stick up farther and it may have a little lip on it which might make the ball "jump" a little. Can anyone with a plastic protector comment on this? I've always been curious.

#19 5 years ago

Who made them originally?

#20 5 years ago

I think here;
http://www.superfluxshop.de

you have to search for it,but out of stock.

#21 5 years ago

It's a shem those plastic ones aren't made anymore. I had one on both of the CVs I owned, I liked the fact they came in bright green or purple, and matched the game's color scheme well.

(Commenting because.. I'd like to get one for whenever I get my CV back..!)

#22 5 years ago

I have one in Black. That is not on my machine. Mainly because of the color. Although I am not wanting to sell it.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I have the metal set on my CV and it's worked fine for me, but you really have to watch alignment as "thepinballworks" noted above. You have to ensure there's no way that the Ringmaster is going to catch on the metal playfield protector ring when he raises.
Before I installed the metal protector, I got some cool ball action from the Ringmaster playfield hole itself. If I shot the ball at the hole and hit the extreme left or right of the hole, the ball would start to go into the hole, but the g-forces would whip the ball around the edge of the hole, like an inner loop shot, and the ball would come flying out and back at the flippers, which was pretty sweet and cool looking. I was worried that the metal protector would change this behavior, but I found it didn't. I like seeing the ball arc around the Ringmaster hole like that on a glancing shot. I wonder if the plastic protector changes the way the ball whips around the hole on a glancing like that? It looked to me like the plastic protector may stick up farther and it may have a little lip on it which might make the ball "jump" a little. Can anyone with a plastic protector comment on this? I've always been curious.

I've heard this many times, even a friend of mine had one on for 4 years without an issue. Then during a league night, it got caught, and what an ugly mess that was...

http://www.superfluxshop.de/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=34&product_id=1499&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64

Holy crap, those were 59 pounds!?

Maybe if enough of us want them we can make a case to get them made again.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I've heard this many times, even a friend of mine had one on for 4 years without an issue. Then during a league night, it got caught, and what an ugly mess that was...
http://www.superfluxshop.de/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=34&product_id=1499&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64
Holy crap, those were 59 pounds!?
Maybe if enough of us want them we can make a case to get them made again.

I think I still have the invoices for mine, from years ago. I will have to check, but I believe that I paid about $35 (USD) for both of mine.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside