(Topic ID: 77868)

Cirqus Voltaire slam tilt error, unable to locate problem. Any advice would be +

By chrisjens2

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cv slamtilt left lane (resized).jpg
cv slamtilt rignmaster down (resized).jpg
CV slamtilt1 (resized).jpg
image-254.jpg
image-234.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

Any update on resolution of this one?

#13 10 years ago

Cool; I had this happen last night, and it's only happened once, but I'd like to fix it if I can

#15 10 years ago

Was in the middle of playing, and the game randomly gave me a slam tilt and I did not slam it, I swear Only happened once so far, but I do want to understand it.

#18 10 years ago

Thank you! So far, it's just been once. Yeah, a little too far away

1 week later
#24 10 years ago

I was able to find the problem on my game. I recently rebuilt the Boom Balloon assembly to clean it and install new yokes, etc, and, whoa did someone hack the switch wiring. There was a lug with no wire on it, but a huge gob of solder. Sure enough, go into switch test and engage the middle jet bumper and the left slingshot and slam tilt lights up as well. It "worked", but in multi ball when both are going, the game will slam. Doesn't happen often, but what a buzzkill when it does!

I am buying a new Boom Ballon switch and will replace it/rewire it correctly. I am hoping that fixes it!

MANY thanks to the Pinbits folks for the clue on the left slingshot. That coupled with seeing it slam last night with the Boom Balloon up made it very clear that there was an issue and made it easy to diagnose. Can't wait to report back on this one.

Marc

2 weeks later
#32 10 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Just resetting but I will try manually activating each switch again and see if the slam tilt trips again.

I got my machine fixed. It was a mis-wired switch. Buying a new board won't help you. It won't fix this. You need to go into switch test and follow the advice above. I was able to find it in under 5 minutes of testing. Hold down the left slingshot and touch every other switch on the game. One of them will give you an extra slam tilt switch. That will be where you need to start looking. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Marc

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-slam-tilt-error-unable-to-locate-problem-any-advice-would-be?tu=pintechev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.