Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pintechev
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello everyone, first post on the site here. I recently put in new LED bulbs into our CV, we’ve owned it for about 15 years now. I am having a few issues with a few bulbs. I have tested these bulbs and the sockets they are in, in other parts of the machine to make sure it is not them and they work fine in other locations. The first one is the middle purple light in front of the ringmaster. It is on sometimes but randomly goes off when it should be on. I can’t quite figure out why. Could it be an issue with the printed board?

Secondly the O-W lights on the WOW bird are also not lighting up. Again the O sometimes lights up but very infrequently. Does anyone have experience with these? Do I need to take the boards off and maybe re-run solder for the sockets or for the pins on the plugs?

Thirdly, I put an LED flasher in the ringmaster but it is only lighting up the right half of his face, does anyone have a fix for this issue as well?

#2 6 years ago

Reflowing the solder on the small PCBs isn’t a terrible idea, those twist sockets put pressure and can pit the connections. Also make sure to look at the sockets as well to make sure they’re making good physical contact with the board. Sadly, the lights for WOW are not on an easy spot to deal with...

#3 6 years ago

Always good to make your game better by strengthening things. Have you tried a different led in the socket to see if it's just the bulb. Sometimes you have to bend the metal contacts on bulb for better contact for the 555's and well the 47's just don't have big enough tips sometimes.

#4 6 years ago

Buzz yeah its not the bulbs. ive tried a few, even though its so hard to get to the socket. Ill take it off this weekend and see if re flowing solder on sockets and maybe the pin connector works. I had a similar issue on my addams family and had to re-flow solder on pins of the connector on the GREED light board. i was just seeing if maybe there was something else to test before i rip it all apart to get that tiny board off.

#5 6 years ago

@mschonbrun any ideas for getting that board off without having to remove too much other things? can it sneak out if the two screws are removed?

#6 6 years ago

Right on sorry it wasn't a super easy fix. Still easy but yeah unfortunately you have to disassemble I believe.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from CPPinball29:

mschonbrun any ideas for getting that board off without having to remove too much other things? can it sneak out if the two screws are removed?

Saldy, no. Maybe on a roteiserrie you can get to the W's, but in the game, you have to remove the ringmaster and the subway that blocks you from getting the ringmaster out. Terrible design on an otherwise well designed game for maintenance.

#8 6 years ago

@mschonbrun any idea how many hours i should plan to do it? are you sure the two screws cant just be removed on the WOW board and then slide it out the bottom?

#9 6 years ago

It won’t take a very long time. I think you can do it in under 30 minutes to be honest. I am not sure if you can reach the screws or not. I just did my PF swap and installed that board on the rotisserie.

#10 6 years ago

@mschonbrun what exactly has to be removed do you have any pics? im not home during the week this week to check.

#11 6 years ago

Hey @cppinball29, I can’t get pictures for a few days, but off the top of my head:

Topside: Take off ringmaster plate and screw
Underside: remove and unplug subway ramps around ringmaster
Underside: remove and unplug Ringmaster mechanism

With those off, you should have clear access to the lamp board.

#12 6 years ago

thank you appreciate it @mschonbrun

#13 6 years ago

@mschonbrun of i got that all off and fixed them - reflowing solder worked. Found out the right side of the ringmaster was being held in with one screw that was half out . I have another question though, i am having some issues with some solenoids after playing a while. The cannon in the backbox does not have enough strength to get the ball up, same with a few other solenoids, like the right flipper cant get it up the ramp it isn't strong enough, do you know of anything that would be causing weak solenoids? are they individual issues or is there a power driver issue maybe? if you know of anyone else that have had this problem please let me know thank you

#14 6 years ago

Let’s measure your voltage test points on the power driver board first. Please report back.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Let’s measure your voltage test points on the power driver board first. Please report back.

How do i measure that? i have a volt meter but where are the points?

#16 6 years ago

On the power driver board there should be test points. Measure for DC voltage. One lead on the grounding strap and the other on the test point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-light-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.