3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LordSnurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3448 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

I just received a lovely CV. It was in perfect condition prior to shipping NY to CA, but arrived with a few loose connections from the journey home. Game was throwing an error for switch 46 at startup and the left flipper assembly had become disconnected. I reattached the flipper and soldered a disconnected wire on switch 46 and huzzah- it now boots without any faults. Except...at startup the solenoid in the kickoff fires 6-8 times. It's not searching for balls - all 4 balls register - it's only the solenoid beside the ringmaster. No issues during gameplay or between games.

Quick googling leads me to believe this is a blanking signal issue. Any suggestions on where to start identifying the problem?

#2 3 years ago

Switch #46, did you put the disconnected wire back in the right spot ? White wire and black end of diode to a lug, green wire to a lug, silver band end of diode to a lug.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

LTG Yes, it was reconnected exactly as you described. Only the green wire was disconnected, and I reconnected it to the lug - specifically in the center lug.

Playing a game just now, I did notice that the solenoid fires multiple times after a kickout as well.

#4 3 years ago

FWIW, here's a snap of the solder on 46. Anything look amiss?

IMG_3448 (resized).jpegIMG_3448 (resized).jpeg
    #5 3 years ago
    Quoted from LordSnurt:

Anything look amiss?

No. Unless the solder on the green wire is touching the metal bracket the switch is fastened to. In this overhead view it looks like it might.

LTG : )

#6 3 years ago

Closing the loop on this for anyone who encounters a similar issue in the future.

Upon closer inspection of the opto wiring, a cable had been snagged and separated from the opto in the ringmaster trough.

Problem resolved by soldering the wire and securing its location to prevent future snags when raising and lowering the playfield.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-firing-solenoid-6-8-times-at-startup?hl=lordsnurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.