3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ronkz650
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noitbe1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from cami2305:

Hello guys,
I'm facing an issue with my Cirqus Voltaire these days and maybe some of you could help me.
The CV is like new : took months for me to clean, wash, buy parts and rebuild everything.
Electronics parts have been checked and made reliable by a passionate guy in France.
No error so far, everything was working well ... when the pin suddently started to fire 2 balls after a lock (no matter which one : juggler or highwire lock)
At first I thought it happened without any reason, just by "accident" , and I restarted a game until ... it did the same !
Now the issue is sadly happening all the time !
No errors at startup, excepted after 3-4 games in a row when I sometime got a "check trough #3" strange message on the display.
Now the most amazing thing is that another guy in France has the same problem as me at the same time!
We did some tshoot together and like me he didn't find how to fix it after hours of work on it.
To sum up : CPU board has been swapped, driver board has been swapped, opto boards for balls trough have been substituted by new one, small vertical pcb card controlling the opto also... CV is running rom 2.01HC by my side, but the other guy is executing another official version 1.X.
Today, I decided to check all the switches using the "TEST", "SWITCH EDGES" menu (chasing a possibly diode failure somewhere) and I finally got something interesting :
As soon as I enter the "switch edges" menu, the "trough #3" switch is quickly blinking (didnt notice before cause it's really quick... as a consequence the associated message doesn't appear on the screen) and then I noticed it did the same thing when I pressed randomly other contacts.
Well, I'm totally lost now. Don't know where to go and what to look for.
Hope someone will get an idea for me to find the issue and fix my beloved CV
I have recorded a short video for you this afternoon :
https://gofile.io/d/LFocYr
thanks for your help !

You need to check your opto board: seems like something is wrong with the light. I would first remove them and clean them first. Having 2 balls might come from the trough eject switch not registering: if it’s not called properly, the pinball doesn’t know the first eject was correct so it’s firing another ball. Check also your shooting lane switch as well to make sure it does’t come from there as well. Good luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noitbe1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-fires-2-balls-after-any-lock?tu=noitbe1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.