• Latest reply 10 years ago by blubboman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CV_PDB.jpg

#1 10 years ago

As the title suggests, I am having an issue with my Cirqus Voltaire blowing fuse F103. Now, I’m relatively new to working on machines so please bear with me while I stumble through troubleshooting.

THE ISSUE : Fuse F103 is blowing. It seems to last between 2-10 minutes into a game before it blows. It appears to be blowing when the Boom Balloon is either activated or dropped.

TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS THUS FAR : Unplugged all connections to the solenoids on J116 (at the solenoids). Plugged them back in one at a time, fuse was fine as we progressed. Once all solenoids were plugged back in the fuse would eventually blow. Each solenoid when individually connected does not blow the fuse. Swapped the power driver board with another machine and had the same result.

Began testing resistance for each solenoid and when we got to the “Diverter Power” in the test menu it immediately began firing – WITHOUT J133 being connected to the driver board. Took a look under the playfield and found the Diverter connector has RED/VIO and not RED/BRN as the manual says it should be. We pulled J119 and sure enough the diverter stopped firing.

From there we tested J119-PIN6 and had no diverter response. Tested J119-PIN8, no diverter. Connected BOTH J119-PIN6 and J119-PIN8 and suddenly the diverter started firing again.

The Ringmaster is taunting me... any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

Schematic for reference...

CV_PDB.jpgCV_PDB.jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3 10 years ago

My guess is you have a short somewhere on the boom balloon assembly, especially if when it moves, it blows the fuse. Try unplugging the boom balloon under the PF (3 small connectors) and see if the fuse stops blowing. If so, carefully inspect all 3 solenoids in the assembly and make sure you don't have a lug touching a bracket, or something.

#4 10 years ago

More specifically, Fuse 103 covers Solenoids 1-8, which includes Jet Up, and Jet Release. The Jet Up is the coil to the right of the actual boom balloon. and the Release is the tiny coil in front of the balloon that causes the latch to release and lets it drop. I would look really carefully at the wiring on those two and make sure you don't have a short.

Marc

#5 10 years ago

I've had this problem and it was a short in the boom balloon assembly as Marc suggests. There are a lot of wires up inside that assembly and with the thing slamming up and down, the wires get together. If there is a short, photograph it so you get all the wires back together ok.
Dan

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-blowing-fuse-f103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.