• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3279 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Got a CV last month and it had 1.0 in it. I read that 2.0 hom was the one to have. So I ordered it. The problem I'm having, and maybe you guys can help me out here, is when the ringmaster elevates the ball. The ring master doesn't throw the ball off anymore. Sometimes it just rolls off and sometimes it sticks for a minute then rolls off. Kinda lame!
Now 1.0 would launch that thing in multiple directions. Is there a setting like on TOTAN for the magnet throw? I couldn't find one. Is this a flawed software issue Or am I going to just have to live with it?

#12 8 years ago

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will look into the flippers abort setting. I did change the WOW decal and it came with that little piece in the center to cover the screw, but I did that with the old software and it didn't effect the throw. The 2.0 definitely changed the way the ball is thrown it also changed the WOW effect on the ball with an increase of activity when the RM wasn't involved. Thanks

7 years later
#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattallica:

I figured this out a while ago but figured I would resurrect this thread just in case there is someone down the road that has this issue and it left scratching their head like I was. Before you go replacing harnesses and changing your ROMs, look at the screw on the top of the Ringmaster's head. The fix for mine was PAINFULLY simple, but not at all obvious to me. Somewhere down the road somebody did some work on the Ringmaster on my machine and replaced the factory screw with a regular flat headed screw. The screw that the game comes with (not mentioned anywhere in the parts list that I could find) is a round headed non-magnetized screw. I reached out to Revolutionary Pinball as they sell a kit to protect the Ringmaster hole that comes with a screw and they were nice enough to send me the screw and VOILA, the Ringmaster throws the ball around just like she is supposed to. I figure it is a long shot that this happens to someone else but just in case it does, you can now buy a replacement Ringmaster screw directly from Revolutionary Pinball.

Correct! I now have a different CV that is an HEP sample. That screw is special and I think a lot of guys get a CV and do not realize that someone has changed out that screw for the wrong one. Also, I have found that if you want to intensify the throwing of the ball off the top of the RM to (gently) shake the machine when (she) is about to eject the ball. It causes the ball to kind of roll around the circumference of the screw allowing for a more intense ejection. At least this is what my game reveals.

IMG_3279 (resized).jpegIMG_3279 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-20?tu=whthrs166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.