• Latest reply 1 year ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3279 (resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Got a CV last month and it had 1.0 in it. I read that 2.0 hom was the one to have. So I ordered it. The problem I'm having, and maybe you guys can help me out here, is when the ringmaster elevates the ball. The ring master doesn't throw the ball off anymore. Sometimes it just rolls off and sometimes it sticks for a minute then rolls off. Kinda lame!
Now 1.0 would launch that thing in multiple directions. Is there a setting like on TOTAN for the magnet throw? I couldn't find one. Is this a flawed software issue Or am I going to just have to live with it?

#2 8 years ago

When the ringmaster 'grabs' the ball, is it grabbing it in front of the screw, or behind?

#3 8 years ago

P.s. A common problem w/the ringmaster is the harness breaking inside. I replaced mine when I had the game and that fixed all. Odd chances though that by changing Rom that may have occurred.

#4 8 years ago

Not a software issue, it's something else. 2.0H treats the RM magnet 'tossing' the same as previous versions. In fact, the 'magnet stuck' bug is still there in v2.0H where when hitting the 'WOW' targets, the magnet may get 'stuck' on until a ball search is performed.

Not sure why changing the ROM would have affected this - except maybe this - don't hit/hold both flipper buttons when the RM's doing his speil - it will 'cancel' his speil and simply drop the ball. For it to fling off, he has to be able to go through the whole 'animation'/show.

#5 8 years ago

Check all your feature adjustments, the 2.0 Rom adds some new settings although I don't remember if they are specific to the RM ball grab other than the "Flippers abort all animations" settings that Coyote mentioned.

#6 8 years ago

The home rom CV I have at my place currently does the same thing. Ball just dribbles off, rather than the fling off I remember from my old CV. I just assumed it was a setting to minimize breakage from randomly flying balls.

#7 8 years ago

I have a CV with the Home rom and My ringmaster flings the ball. One thing what base is on his head. Are you one with a Protector on your ringmaster with the special top? Do you have the original top?
Just something to look at.
You may need to try changing your magnet.
magicchiz

#8 8 years ago

Same my cv 2.0 flings the ball. Not a sw issue.

#9 8 years ago

The one I've got definitely has a non-standard top & even ring master head. But it's not mine, so I'm not going to mess with it.

#10 8 years ago

I have 2.0, mine is a mix between dribble and some pretty dramatic flings (mostly dribble though).

#11 8 years ago

I put a piece of mylar over the screw that holds the magnet to the head as to not scar my balls...cause I hate that The mylar caused the ball to just roll off and not "stick" to the magnet. I removed the mylar and it worked normally again. Hope this helps

#12 8 years ago

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will look into the flippers abort setting. I did change the WOW decal and it came with that little piece in the center to cover the screw, but I did that with the old software and it didn't effect the throw. The 2.0 definitely changed the way the ball is thrown it also changed the WOW effect on the ball with an increase of activity when the RM wasn't involved. Thanks

4 years later
#13 4 years ago

whthrs166 - Just curious to know how you came out with the fixing of the flinging of the ball on your CV. I'm having the same issue with 2.0 rom installed.

1 year later
#14 2 years ago

Was wondering if anybody had any luck with this. I just picked up a CV over the weekend and everything seems to work except for this. Would greatly appreciate any insight anybody has on this.

3 weeks later
#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattallica:

Was wondering if anybody had any luck with this. I just picked up a CV over the weekend and everything seems to work except for this. Would greatly appreciate any insight anybody has on this.

my circus voltaire ringmaster cord to the magnet and flasher was taught and reducing his wobble and throws.

1 year later
#16 1 year ago

I figured this out a while ago but figured I would resurrect this thread just in case there is someone down the road that has this issue and it left scratching their head like I was. Before you go replacing harnesses and changing your ROMs, look at the screw on the top of the Ringmaster's head. The fix for mine was PAINFULLY simple, but not at all obvious to me. Somewhere down the road somebody did some work on the Ringmaster on my machine and replaced the factory screw with a regular flat headed screw. The screw that the game comes with (not mentioned anywhere in the parts list that I could find) is a round headed non-magnetized screw. I reached out to Revolutionary Pinball as they sell a kit to protect the Ringmaster hole that comes with a screw and they were nice enough to send me the screw and VOILA, the Ringmaster throws the ball around just like she is supposed to. I figure it is a long shot that this happens to someone else but just in case it does, you can now buy a replacement Ringmaster screw directly from Revolutionary Pinball.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattallica:

I figured this out a while ago but figured I would resurrect this thread just in case there is someone down the road that has this issue and it left scratching their head like I was. Before you go replacing harnesses and changing your ROMs, look at the screw on the top of the Ringmaster's head. The fix for mine was PAINFULLY simple, but not at all obvious to me. Somewhere down the road somebody did some work on the Ringmaster on my machine and replaced the factory screw with a regular flat headed screw. The screw that the game comes with (not mentioned anywhere in the parts list that I could find) is a round headed non-magnetized screw. I reached out to Revolutionary Pinball as they sell a kit to protect the Ringmaster hole that comes with a screw and they were nice enough to send me the screw and VOILA, the Ringmaster throws the ball around just like she is supposed to. I figure it is a long shot that this happens to someone else but just in case it does, you can now buy a replacement Ringmaster screw directly from Revolutionary Pinball.

Correct! I now have a different CV that is an HEP sample. That screw is special and I think a lot of guys get a CV and do not realize that someone has changed out that screw for the wrong one. Also, I have found that if you want to intensify the throwing of the ball off the top of the RM to (gently) shake the machine when (she) is about to eject the ball. It causes the ball to kind of roll around the circumference of the screw allowing for a more intense ejection. At least this is what my game reveals.

IMG_3279 (resized).jpegIMG_3279 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.