Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 63 days ago by Rjbdmdmd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Got a CV last month and it had 1.0 in it. I read that 2.0 hom was the one to have. So I ordered it. The problem I'm having, and maybe you guys can help me out here, is when the ringmaster elevates the ball. The ring master doesn't throw the ball off anymore. Sometimes it just rolls off and sometimes it sticks for a minute then rolls off. Kinda lame!
Now 1.0 would launch that thing in multiple directions. Is there a setting like on TOTAN for the magnet throw? I couldn't find one. Is this a flawed software issue Or am I going to just have to live with it?

#2 6 years ago

When the ringmaster 'grabs' the ball, is it grabbing it in front of the screw, or behind?

#3 6 years ago

P.s. A common problem w/the ringmaster is the harness breaking inside. I replaced mine when I had the game and that fixed all. Odd chances though that by changing Rom that may have occurred.

#4 6 years ago

Not a software issue, it's something else. 2.0H treats the RM magnet 'tossing' the same as previous versions. In fact, the 'magnet stuck' bug is still there in v2.0H where when hitting the 'WOW' targets, the magnet may get 'stuck' on until a ball search is performed.

Not sure why changing the ROM would have affected this - except maybe this - don't hit/hold both flipper buttons when the RM's doing his speil - it will 'cancel' his speil and simply drop the ball. For it to fling off, he has to be able to go through the whole 'animation'/show.

#5 6 years ago

Check all your feature adjustments, the 2.0 Rom adds some new settings although I don't remember if they are specific to the RM ball grab other than the "Flippers abort all animations" settings that Coyote mentioned.

#6 6 years ago

The home rom CV I have at my place currently does the same thing. Ball just dribbles off, rather than the fling off I remember from my old CV. I just assumed it was a setting to minimize breakage from randomly flying balls.

#7 6 years ago

I have a CV with the Home rom and My ringmaster flings the ball. One thing what base is on his head. Are you one with a Protector on your ringmaster with the special top? Do you have the original top?
Just something to look at.
You may need to try changing your magnet.
magicchiz

#8 6 years ago

Same my cv 2.0 flings the ball. Not a sw issue.

#9 6 years ago

The one I've got definitely has a non-standard top & even ring master head. But it's not mine, so I'm not going to mess with it.

#10 6 years ago

I have 2.0, mine is a mix between dribble and some pretty dramatic flings (mostly dribble though).

#11 6 years ago

I put a piece of mylar over the screw that holds the magnet to the head as to not scar my balls...cause I hate that The mylar caused the ball to just roll off and not "stick" to the magnet. I removed the mylar and it worked normally again. Hope this helps

#12 6 years ago

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will look into the flippers abort setting. I did change the WOW decal and it came with that little piece in the center to cover the screw, but I did that with the old software and it didn't effect the throw. The 2.0 definitely changed the way the ball is thrown it also changed the WOW effect on the ball with an increase of activity when the RM wasn't involved. Thanks

4 years later
#13 1 year ago

whthrs166 - Just curious to know how you came out with the fixing of the flinging of the ball on your CV. I'm having the same issue with 2.0 rom installed.

1 year later
#14 89 days ago

Was wondering if anybody had any luck with this. I just picked up a CV over the weekend and everything seems to work except for this. Would greatly appreciate any insight anybody has on this.

3 weeks later
#15 63 days ago
Quoted from Mattallica:

Was wondering if anybody had any luck with this. I just picked up a CV over the weekend and everything seems to work except for this. Would greatly appreciate any insight anybody has on this.

my circus voltaire ringmaster cord to the magnet and flasher was taught and reducing his wobble and throws.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside