Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Looking for a Cirqus Voltaire in collectors condition. I am willing to also trade an Avengers Hulk LE if need be.

#2 5 years ago

I Just played this game for the first time last night, with a full LED upgrade. Wow, it was awesome. I knew about the ring master rising up but I freaked out when I saw the pop bumpers rise up from the PF..very cool gimmick.

#3 5 years ago

Sunday Bump!! Have a great Day!!!

#4 5 years ago

Finding a Cirqus Voltaire original cabinet in collector condition might be a problem. There are some questions regarding replacement cabinet artwork.

#5 5 years ago

CV has been showing up a lot lately. Where are you located. I might know of one...

#6 5 years ago

Was somebody selling a HUG for 8k, I sold mine for 5400 before Christmas. Fun game but to colorful for my living room

#7 5 years ago

Great taste in pinball...it is an awesome game!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

Was somebody selling a HUG for 8k, I sold mine for 5400 before Christmas. Fun game but to colorful for my living room

Yes but that one sold. I know of another one, maybe two

#9 5 years ago

I am in Arkansas but will be at the Texas show. Still looking….

#10 5 years ago

If you are willing to have one shipped send me a PM I'll get you in touch with a seller.

#11 5 years ago

PM sent

#12 5 years ago

Still looking, I had someone send me a PM and a price with someone else's photo's. I think it might be a scam as I know I have seen theses photo's somewhere before. Also, at a 10K price tag, I think that's a little much. Once I tried to respond the the guy that the price was to high for me but thanks. E-mail bounced back. anyway minnesota13 I do not need an original, I will fixer her up if need be but the play field needs to be amazing condition.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I do not need an original, I will fixer her up if need be but the play field needs to be amazing condition.

Hey that's good to know -- so you would be happy with a cabinet with some flaws, but need to have a like new playfield and related stuff.

You might find something easier knowing that the cabinet doesn't have to be collector quality.

#14 5 years ago

I think I found one. Look's nice and is priced right. Now, just have to see if I can work out the details.

#15 5 years ago

Wow, that didn't take long! Nice find.

#16 5 years ago

#17 5 years ago

Hope it works out. Cv has been one of those games that always has eluded me. Keep us updated.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Finding a Cirqus Voltaire original cabinet in collector condition might be a problem. There are some questions regarding replacement cabinet artwork.

I disagree on this. There are a lot of nice CV cabinets out there, because the process for CV and TOM was different than any other game. they used this protective clear on them, that gives it that formica look, but they are super durable and hold up well. If I saw a CV that was decaled on the cabinet, I would not want it. Or It better be priced at around 2k, because the cabinet is ruined.

#19 5 years ago

I understand collectors, but you don't play the cabinet. My CV has a bunch of cabinet issues, but the PF is clean and the game is a blast. One of my very favorite games. Good luck finding one!

#20 5 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machines-for-sale

If I was in the market for one I'd inquire about this one

#21 5 years ago

I have one....
But I agree with Monkey the link listed I believe was a HEP restore.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I have one....
But I agree with Monkey the link listed I believe was a HEP restore.

It's not an HEP restore, it was done about 7 years ago when Chris was still working out of his garage. I'd def still look very closely at it though if I were in the market.

GL on closing the deal OP

#23 5 years ago

The one I saw and thought might be a scam turned out not to be. Just out of my budget.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

There are a lot of nice CV cabinets out there, because the process for CV and TOM was different than any other game. they used this protective clear on them, that gives it that formica look, but they are super durable and hold up well. If I saw a CV that was decaled on the cabinet, I would not want it. Or It better be priced at around 2k, because the cabinet is ruined.

Thanks Neo -- didn't know that there was a difference the CV and TOM cabinet finish as other machines of the same era. The key element in your post is that a decaled cabinet will not look the same as the original cabinet.

So the OP needs to have a collector condition original cabinet as attempts to refinish the old cabinet will not equal the original finish.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

So the OP needs to have a collector condition original cabinet as attempts to refinish the old cabinet will not equal the original finish.

Exactly. Decalled cabinet stick out like a sore thumb, and 20X's more fragile than an original. Those TOM and CV's are tanks. but I think the process was to expensive and not much reward element to ops to have the cabinets hold up that strong, so the process was dropped.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside