(Topic ID: 247335)

Circut Board replacement part master list?

By wolffcub

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wolffcub
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

So I did another order for some stuff on the weekend and I was wondering if there was an attempt in the past to do up a master list in one topic with a always edited top post of all board related items that could be bought Thru Digi-Key as a one stop shop. I understand other distributors may be able to do the same but do you think if we start with Digi-key it would benefit people? It sure would be nice to see a listing with links of all caps, pots etc required to lets say do a Stern SB100 audio card and another listing with all the required caps, header pins, wire ends, fuses and such as required for a Bally AS-2518-23 board. I have found lots of great bullet proofing threads but tings are scattered all around between threads.

Is this something together with user input i should attempt to do a topic on? Does this magical thread already exist and I am just missing it?

#2 4 years ago

It's been attempted several times, but parts go in and out of stock all the time between the various vendors that it's hard to get a single-source list of parts. So, a list would probably be outdated in a week.

The best you can do is make a list of part numbers, but that too can change as old parts become unavailable and are substituted with newer/alternate parts.

#3 4 years ago

I know Arrow has and perhaps Digi-key also has a BOM upload ftp section of their web site where you can list your part numbers with the corresponding mfg part number and if there is an EOL update you will get a notification. I even got an EOL notification recently for a part I had purchased from Digi-key, but did NOT even look to see what it was for.
    I actually worked on the ftp site for Arrow about 19 years ago so I'm sure theirs has come a LONG way since then. Back then they were trying to do it as a fee for service feature, I have no idea if it would still be that way.
    Further Ed at GPE G-P-E often announces things like EOL and quality issues right here in river city, you might want to pick his brain about this.

#4 4 years ago

The list i was thinking about would be more detailed than just a bunch of links. I was thinking a simple typed description, a digi-key part number / hyperlink combo, and a actual manufacture part number so if by chance if the link gets broken the end user can still see what it originally was and find a possible equivalent such as what would be the same as a MOLEX PN/ 0016020102

#5 4 years ago

This happens all the time in the audio hobby and in the audio forums. You can build it in excel and upload to Mouser, DigiKey and similar. All the vendors let you know if the part is out of stock or obsolete. They also provide replacement part numbers. This happens all the time now because of lead-free parts replacing the parts with lead.

Great idea and I'm all for it.

#6 4 years ago

HHaase and barakandl (as well as others) do various boards already, they may have some words of wisdom for you also.

#7 4 years ago

cant seem to past my list up here with out loosing all my hyperlinks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/circut-board-replacement-part-master-list?hl=wolffcub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.