By LuxZ

1 week ago

Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by LuxZ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 10 days ago

A friend has a CV, which has developed a weird issue. It's really not my concern, but I keep thinking about it, because I can't explain what could cause something like this.

At the beginning of almost every day, after first powerup, the Ringmaster would refuse to move during gameplay. The weird thing is, all you need to do, is open then close the coin door, and it will start working (It will immediately enter the correct position, even mid-game), and won't fail again for a while, even if you power cycle the game. It's not throwing any test report errors (about the ringmaster), all 3 position switches trigger fine, motor moves smoothly, direction drive works, and every other "high voltage" solenoid is enabled, so it's not the interlock disabling them.

Anyone has any idea, or should he call a priest and perform an exorcism?

#2 9 days ago

The Ringmaster (RM) motor is fed off the same fuse as the 12V flashers and the neon; so it's not on the same line with the solenoids. Anyways, it might not be a power issue but a data or control issue.

First reseat J110, J111, J133 and J139 on the driver board as well as the two connectors J1 and J2 on the bidirectional motor board attached to the RM carriage. See if that helps at all.

One thing I'm finding to be a huge culprit on CV is the ULN2803A chip at U3 which then heads out a small connector J110 on the power driver board. This grounds the neon, grounds the RM motor and also grounds the eddy sensor for the RM. Typically the transistor array for the neon goes out causing that not to work. But I suppose the array for the motor could be flaky causing the motor to not work. If all else fails it might be time for a new U3, but you'll have to install a socket as that chip is soldered directly to the board.

#3 9 days ago

Good advices, thank you. What I don't get is, how gently opening the coin door for a second then closing it fixes it 100% of the time. When we get it to move, it's not intermittent anymore, works for 8+ hours. Also, when it's in his not working state, the game will hang after the end of each ball, showing the Cirqus Voltaire logo, like it's waiting for it to take the right position. Normally that CV text should just quickly show up after each ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 989.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nyack, NY
$ 189.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Sale Pending!
Glendale Heights, ILLINOIS
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside