(Topic ID: 212929)

Circus Maximus Kingpin Reservation and Anticipation Club.

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bud
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9DCA2AEE-D1BC-4797-A399-DF2893F67B3E (resized).jpeg
F4682EBF-91C4-4E7A-869F-D585822587A8 (resized).jpeg
8E6C65A7-49B8-489F-AEFB-FD68C40A07E0 (resized).jpeg
F6A265E1-13BC-4C91-AF4B-66836805CE48 (resized).jpeg
8C303133-3CFD-43CA-B0CB-0CF676F1F5F7 (resized).jpeg
7E5BC889-AE58-4F2F-BEE6-8F83C0AB44A8 (resized).jpeg
B75E2E0E-936B-4D4D-BEBA-76D719379AF2 (resized).jpeg
20180618_184451 (resized).jpg
IMG_7548 (resized).JPG
IMG_7547 (resized).JPG
7D31F899-0465-4329-8F8F-ABF1629C87D9.jpeg
DFBE8DC4-05BD-47C1-B6FC-C3840C6F9883.jpeg
ShippingStation (resized).jpg
Through103Shipped (resized).jpg
20180318_185130 (resized).jpg
0EA02069-D86D-4F44-B87D-2CD014D67A11 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjenison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Finally caught up on some sleep after expo. I have a newsletter pending that will go out tomorrow. Nothing earth shattering was announced at Expo. We didn't even have a panel. It was mostly meetings with partners and potential partners while at Expo.
Here is a preview of the newsletter:
<snip>
- We are working with Matt at Back Alley Creations to spruce up some of the playfield. Matt has some awesome ideas that we can't wait to share and show off. One we've mentioned while talking to people individually is a better Hotel Lex building.
<snip>
- We've begun working with some really cool animation people (with very cool resumes) on the custom code side and we were hoping to show some of that off at Expo but we are not to a point where we are comfortable doing that yet.
<snip>

Hey Paul, I didn't get a chance to make it to expo this year, but here's what I would have asked about had I the chance:

- I'm interested in Capcom Kingpin. I'm not sure I'll be as interested in "different" Kingpin. Will there will be a mode that leaves it true to the original? I haven't had a chance to play the proto, so maybe someone in this thread that has had a chance to play the prototype that has also played the original and could give some feedback/comparison.

- Feature creep. Concerned whenever I hear "we're looking into doing this <insert new thing original Kingpin didn't have>", that these things will push out the delivery of the game even further. Will we soon be at a point where you can put a stake in the ground and say "this is what the final product will be"?

Lastly, is there any constructive criticism that you received at Expo that you'd like to share, and how/if you plan on addressing it?

Thanks!

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

The playfield layout will stay exactly the same as the original. You will be able to play the original ROMs on the game too, in addition to an updated graphics/code version. Owners will pick when they turn the game on if they want to play the Classic version or the updated version.
Feedback on gameplay has been very positive, including from those that own or have played originals.

This is a reasonable question. Most of these items we are update/adding have little to do with the main development of the game. Meaning they do not affect the timeline. In fact, some may accelerate the time line. Adding updated code and graphics does take some time, but again, most of that can be done in tandem with pre-production of the game, so it's mostly overlap in project time, not extending it.

Most of the comments we've had as far as constructive criticism has been directed towards the art. Both the original art and the new art. With the original artwork there have been comments about the cabinet art and all of the grey on it. And there are those that have seen the updated art by Dave Christensen that hate that art.
Dave's art needs some cleanup and recoloring. As well as making the ladies on the art a little younger as Dave is in his 70s and drew them like the ladies his age.
The cabinet art we are looking at changing the grey by adding something like a Chicago Skyline. We are not sure if both sets of art will be available on all models, or if we will just do Daves art on a special edition or something.
Overall, all of what we look at as enhancements have to make sense. Meaning we are not just going to change something for the sake of changing something.
The gist of how we look at this game is that we don't consider it a "remake" since it was never released. So we are shooting for a good balance of respecting the original and also what would they have done differently if they built it today. These are mostly cosmetic changes as the playfield geometry and layout will be identical to the original. And you'll be able to play the original code as I mentioned before.
It helps that both the original artist Stan and the game designer Mark Ritchie are advisors on this project. As well as several original Kingpin owners.
We are very open to constructive criticism and welcome it.
Paul

Paul,

Thanks for your very adequate response! Looking forward to the release!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjenison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/circus-maximus-kingpin-pre-pre-order-club?tu=mjenison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.