(Topic ID: 212929)

Circus Maximus Kingpin Reservation and Anticipation Club.

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bud
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9DCA2AEE-D1BC-4797-A399-DF2893F67B3E (resized).jpeg
F4682EBF-91C4-4E7A-869F-D585822587A8 (resized).jpeg
8E6C65A7-49B8-489F-AEFB-FD68C40A07E0 (resized).jpeg
F6A265E1-13BC-4C91-AF4B-66836805CE48 (resized).jpeg
8C303133-3CFD-43CA-B0CB-0CF676F1F5F7 (resized).jpeg
7E5BC889-AE58-4F2F-BEE6-8F83C0AB44A8 (resized).jpeg
B75E2E0E-936B-4D4D-BEBA-76D719379AF2 (resized).jpeg
20180618_184451 (resized).jpg
IMG_7548 (resized).JPG
IMG_7547 (resized).JPG
7D31F899-0465-4329-8F8F-ABF1629C87D9.jpeg
DFBE8DC4-05BD-47C1-B6FC-C3840C6F9883.jpeg
ShippingStation (resized).jpg
Through103Shipped (resized).jpg
20180318_185130 (resized).jpg
0EA02069-D86D-4F44-B87D-2CD014D67A11 (resized).png
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Last week I ordered the Limited Edition Ritchie/Fukuoka signed Kingpin Translite offered online by Circus Maximus.
I bought it because I like the theme, history of the game, artwork, etc. I also made the purchase to secure a place in line when/if the machines are put into production.

I like how the guys at Circus Maximus are approaching the remake -- retaining much of the original art, theme, and code but at the same time offering some modern tweaks and listening to the public's feedback. I also like that no up front deposits are requested; I am more than willing to buy something I want but I want to make sure my game money brings something home.

Looking forward to what is to come later this year, even if it has to carry over into the next (or the next!). The history and back story of this title are tempting enough. . . combine that with gangsters and tommy guns and I will be all in for my first NIB Pinball.

#2 6 years ago

Well if your gonna do it, you did it with the right company and right machine!

#3 6 years ago

I did not see where they were saying that buying the translite put in line to buy the game.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I did not see where they were saying that buying the translite put in line to buy the game.

It was in the description..

0EA02069-D86D-4F44-B87D-2CD014D67A11 (resized).png0EA02069-D86D-4F44-B87D-2CD014D67A11 (resized).png

#5 6 years ago

Link to This Week in Pinball's Article (also located in another Pinside Thread):

http://thisweekinpinball.com/exclusive-first-tpf-reveal-kingpin-the-remake-interview-with-circus-maximus-kingpin-rules-upgrades-plus-a-giveaway-of-signed-translite-from-mark-ritchie/

And, cut/pasted directly from the article:

Those that buy the Limited Edition Signed Translites also get the first chance at any production games in the order they purchase the translights – so if they get #16, they’d have the chance to buy a production game before #20

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It was in the description..

Beat me by that much. . .

#7 6 years ago

We will have some more available for sale in a few weeks. They sold much quicker than we prepared for and we are already waiting on the next signed batch to arrive, so we didn't feel it was right to keep taking orders until the rest that have already ordered have shipped.

I'll post here when we open it back up again.

#9 6 years ago

100% interested in this title, perhaps I misunderstood that payment when built! So why money up front? This has been disastrous in the past!
Still on my wish list ...

#10 6 years ago

No money up front, you are paying for the translite. PERIOD.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

100% interested in this title, perhaps I misunderstood that payment when built! So why money up front? This has been disastrous in the past!
Still on my wish list ...

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We will have some more available for sale in a few weeks. They sold much quicker than we prepared for and we are already waiting on the next signed batch to arrive, so we didn't feel it was right to keep taking orders until the rest that have already ordered have shipped.
I'll post here when we open it back up again.

Not very limited if you keep selling more? I bought one bc i thought only 250 wld be done?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not very limited if you keep selling more? I bought one bc i thought only 250 wld be done?

They haven't sold the 250 yet, just that they are catching up on the orders that they have first and then will open them up again for what is left out of the 250

#13 6 years ago

Yes only 250 being made, and it only gives you that first option to get in on the build, the build doesn't have any predetermined limit to it. Thanks for making this project happen guys.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There will only be 250 of the signed and number translites available. We haven't sold out of them, just sold more than we already had signed so we are pausing sales until we catch up with the existing orders and have the rest available for immediate shipment.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

They haven't sold the 250 yet, just that they are catching up on the orders that they have first and then will open them up again for what is left out of the 250

O ok...

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

There will only be 250 of the signed and number translites available. We haven't sold out of them, just sold more than we already had signed so we are pausing sales until we catch up with the existing orders.

Awesome .. sorry

#17 6 years ago

I'm so glad I bought one, I cant wait to get it. Now waiting is the hardest part, Got my money ready to go

#18 6 years ago

I bought also a translite last week.
Will we get any furtehr information about the purchase or only the paypal mail concerning the money transfer ?

I hope they will make the whole machine also for the export with all this strange customs rules.
I will be in !

#19 6 years ago

I'm glad my friend contacted me about it, I'm number 169!!!

#20 6 years ago

How do you find out what number? Did you buy at the show? I bought mine online. Wonder when they will ship.

#21 6 years ago

20180318_185130 (resized).jpg20180318_185130 (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago

They make good wall art while you're waiting on the machine to go with it!

#23 6 years ago

Do we know how much game is going to cost yet?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

10k by Christmas more than likely....

#25 6 years ago

Im hoping its around the 7-8k price point depending if they have different models and stuff..

#26 6 years ago

They don't. Until they have a BOM and who builds it. They were hoping for a figure at TPF, but won't know for sure for awhile.

LTG : )

#27 6 years ago

Just received an e-mail update today:

Thank you for supporting the Kingpin project with your purchase of one
or more signed and number Kingpin translites.
Based on when you ordered, your translite number(s) will be: 121
The response to the translites offer has been larger and quicker than we
thought was possible. This means that we’ve blown through the first
batch we had signed quicker than we expected and we are currently
awaiting the remaining translites to be signed and returned to us.
We expect to have more available to ship starting next week and we will
send updates to everyone when that has happened.
We have not sold all 250 of the translites yet, but we didn’t feel it
was fair to keep taking orders while we still needed to ship your order.
So we have paused the sale of the translites until all of the existing
orders have shipped.
Thanks again for your support of the project. If you have any questions
about the translites or the game itself, feel free to email me.

Circus Maximus

Thanks Guys!

#28 6 years ago

Just got the email #24 here

#29 6 years ago

I ordered 03.16.18 and paid with paypal ... no communication so far for nearly 2 weeks
Just a little information about the status of my order would be welcome !

Thanks
Tom

#30 6 years ago

I had ordered a couple days prior to you, e-mail arrived a couple days ago so I imagine CM will be in touch soon.

#31 6 years ago

is this another April fools joke?

Remember Bride of Circus?

2 weeks later
#32 6 years ago

#99 Here, no updates on shipping. I paid on day 1 of tpf via paypal.

#33 6 years ago

Have not received any further information either, but I am not too worried as of yet.

Having a business that ships stuff out weekly I know it can take some time to sort thru a large order and have everything correct. Take into account a sequentially ordered item and getting the correct number to the correct person is something you want to get right the first time.

Hopefully some of their time is also focused on making Kingpin and having the game closer to production too. . .

#34 6 years ago

They'll come through...

#35 6 years ago

I'm sending an update out to all of the purchasers tonight, but I wanted to post a quick update here since we have quite a few purchasers from here and it's been brought up.

The short version is:
Translites through #103 will ship tomorrow.
Translites through #153 will ship late next week.
Translites after #153 will ship late April.

I'm including a Key Fob promo plastic with each of them as a thank you for your patience.

The longer story is we have only been able to get about 50 a week printed, shipped to Chicago for signatures, and shipped back to us. Round trip from the time they are printed at the printer, make their trip to Chicago, get signed, and then returned to us is in Atlanta is around two weeks start to finish.

The good news is that we are getting them weekly at this point since each batch was sent out a week apart and we are now on the receiving side of that two weeks.

Paul

#36 6 years ago

Thanks Paul!

Looking forward to a large tube or rectangle from the mail truck.

#37 6 years ago

Damn, How do i order a Translite!...?
...and get on the list?I could not make it to TPF.

#38 6 years ago

Damn, How do i order a Translite!...?
...and get on the list?I could not make it to TPF.

Once we ship all the online orders that occurred while at TPF, we will add them back to our storefront.

I'll post here when they are available again.

#39 6 years ago

Oh I'm excited!!!! I just got a notification. The translite has shipped

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Oh I'm excited!!!! I just got a notification. The translite has shipped

Ayup! Through #103 as expected. We had two damaged during transit to us, which fortunately was what I had allowed for in my calculations.

You can't see the printer or the other crap laid out on the table, but my dining room table was a big shipping station tonight.

We should get the next batch back from Stan/Mark late next week for another shipping marathon. And the batch after that should get us caught up and ready to ship new orders.

Paul

Through103Shipped (resized).jpgThrough103Shipped (resized).jpg

ShippingStation (resized).jpgShippingStation (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago

Gonna throw some Girl Scout Cookies in with each translite?

Tried reading the "What's Next" part on the paper next to the laptop but couldn't zoom in enough!

#42 6 years ago

I’m in!

DFBE8DC4-05BD-47C1-B6FC-C3840C6F9883.jpegDFBE8DC4-05BD-47C1-B6FC-C3840C6F9883.jpeg

7D31F899-0465-4329-8F8F-ABF1629C87D9.jpeg7D31F899-0465-4329-8F8F-ABF1629C87D9.jpeg

#43 6 years ago

#122 Here.
Thanks Paul!!

1 week later
#44 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Translites through #153 will ship late next week.

Hi Ho ...

Are they send out ?

Cheers
Tom

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Hi Ho ...
Are they send out ?
Cheers
Tom

I haven't received mine yet either so I'm guessing not sent yet.

#46 5 years ago

A Quick update.

The next 50 are on their way to Atlanta after taking a bit longer to be signed than expected. Currently Fedex has it scheduled to be delivered to us on Tuesday.

These will be processed that night and shipped out the next day. You should start getting tracking numbers between now and then as the labels are created.

Paul

#47 5 years ago

I received #24 two weeks ago... thanks!

#48 5 years ago

Thx for the update !

#49 5 years ago

#88 arrived today in Australia, thanks heaps Paul.

#50 5 years ago

Another quick update. I printed about 1/2 of the labels last night in prep for the arrival of the translights today. Many should have gotten a notification directly from the USPS. If you didn't get one last night, you'll get yours late tonight as I print the rest and pack em all up.

After they ship, I'll post here what number we shipped through. It should be around 153 depending on if there were any damaged during shipping to us.

Paul

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/circus-maximus-kingpin-pre-pre-order-club?hl=pfunk237 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.