Circus Maximus Kingpin Reservation and Anticipation Club.

(Topic ID: 212929)

Circus Maximus Kingpin Reservation and Anticipation Club.

By TractorDoc

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8E6C65A7-49B8-489F-AEFB-FD68C40A07E0 (resized).jpeg
F6A265E1-13BC-4C91-AF4B-66836805CE48 (resized).jpeg
8C303133-3CFD-43CA-B0CB-0CF676F1F5F7 (resized).jpeg
7E5BC889-AE58-4F2F-BEE6-8F83C0AB44A8 (resized).jpeg
B75E2E0E-936B-4D4D-BEBA-76D719379AF2 (resized).jpeg
20180618_184451 (resized).jpg
IMG_7548 (resized).JPG
IMG_7547 (resized).JPG
7D31F899-0465-4329-8F8F-ABF1629C87D9.jpeg
DFBE8DC4-05BD-47C1-B6FC-C3840C6F9883.jpeg
ShippingStation (resized).jpg
Through103Shipped (resized).jpg
20180318_185130 (resized).jpg
0EA02069-D86D-4F44-B87D-2CD014D67A11 (resized).png

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 months ago
Quoted from jj44114:

I vote for the cabinet art to stay exactly like the original. Alot of gray is fine.

Yep, love that original gray cab. Its iconic and you know what it is just by a quick glance

#102 3 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Yep, love that original gray cab. Its iconic and you know what it is just by a quick glance

They only made nine of them, let's not get carried away

I wouldn't mind a (tasteful) change in art. I think the gray looks drab -- just my 2 cents worth. I also think I'll buy it no matter what you slap on the sides or backglass... because I have an illness. And there's only one prescription!

#103 3 months ago

Why change a really good thing. Simple elegance. Excuse my French.

#104 3 months ago

Played several rounds on it at Expo, feels solid by and large. First for me seeing a ball caught on a spinner! My thoughts are leave the cabinet art as is, it's a remake not a total makeover. My wife loves it too!

#105 3 months ago

my only complain is maybe the yellow button,will love get chrome one

2 weeks later
#106 3 months ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

The playfield layout will stay exactly the same as the original. You will be able to play the original ROMs on the game too, in addition to an updated graphics/code version. Owners will pick when they turn the game on if they want to play the Classic version or the updated version.
Feedback on gameplay has been very positive, including from those that own or have played originals.

This is a reasonable question. Most of these items we are update/adding have little to do with the main development of the game. Meaning they do not affect the timeline. In fact, some may accelerate the time line. Adding updated code and graphics does take some time, but again, most of that can be done in tandem with pre-production of the game, so it's mostly overlap in project time, not extending it.

Most of the comments we've had as far as constructive criticism has been directed towards the art. Both the original art and the new art. With the original artwork there have been comments about the cabinet art and all of the grey on it. And there are those that have seen the updated art by Dave Christensen that hate that art.
Dave's art needs some cleanup and recoloring. As well as making the ladies on the art a little younger as Dave is in his 70s and drew them like the ladies his age.
The cabinet art we are looking at changing the grey by adding something like a Chicago Skyline. We are not sure if both sets of art will be available on all models, or if we will just do Daves art on a special edition or something.
Overall, all of what we look at as enhancements have to make sense. Meaning we are not just going to change something for the sake of changing something.
The gist of how we look at this game is that we don't consider it a "remake" since it was never released. So we are shooting for a good balance of respecting the original and also what would they have done differently if they built it today. These are mostly cosmetic changes as the playfield geometry and layout will be identical to the original. And you'll be able to play the original code as I mentioned before.
It helps that both the original artist Stan and the game designer Mark Ritchie are advisors on this project. As well as several original Kingpin owners.
We are very open to constructive criticism and welcome it.
Paul

Were the original ROMs complete and stable? I'm all for purity too, but it's important to remember this was a game that was not in production and somewhat further behind where Big Bang Bar was. I've not played the prototype (and only met one person who had), but it is my understanding that not all the shots worked perfectly and that there were some errors in the last Capcom ROM.

But the art is beautiful and the playfield are highly interesting. I don't Circus Maximus a little creative license to make a coherent production-quality game. Like BBB, they are bringing Kingpin to life, and we should all welcome it. This is probably the last Capcom creation we'll ever see, as Red Line Fever was far too incomplete for even the best design teams to want to finish.

Keep up the good work, guys!

#107 3 months ago
Quoted from Fearless_Leader:

Were the original ROMs complete and stable?

Surprisingly they were pretty good. I'd say 98% complete if I had to put a number on it.

That said, the two publicly available original ROMs for Kingpin each have a significant bug. One version you cannot tilt on. The other version is missing music during a 3 ball multi ball. I can't remember which version has which bug though.

Paul

2 months later
#108 26 days ago

Dear Paul

2 month are gone, no information, no newsletter.
Let us be part of your progress !!

EDIT:
Ups, here we go now

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here/page/9

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 8.40
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 149.00
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside