(Topic ID: 182412)

Circuit breaker - Help needed

By jimy_speedt

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

I am working on a Zaccaria machine. under the playfield, there are 2 fuses 3,15A which protect the solenoid circuit. One of them blows at game start. Because I do not want to blow all my fuses one by one while investigating, I use a circuit breaker 3A soldered on a blown fuse. When measuring between the 2 ends of the fuse, there is continuity, so I presume the circuit breaker is "armed" and operational. Then I insert the assembly in the fuse holder, and start the game. The circuit breaker does not "blow". Instead the 5A fuse further on the Power supply board blows, this fuse is a second line protection level for the Solenoid circuits.

It means that the 3A circuit breaker has not played it role.

I am wondering why

Here attached is a 5A circuit breaker, but it is the exact same brand and assembly as the 3A that I am using.

Can someone help me ?

Thank you

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

thank you for your reply. Do you recommend another solution, or should I use my fast blow fuses ?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/circuit-breaker-help-needed?tu=jimy_speedt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.