By Bunker

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Orange 11.5 v to rectifier (resized).jpg
    Results of Red(36V) rectifier power voltages (resized).jpg
    unsoldered fuse side (resized).jpg
    rectifiers marked (resized).jpg
    Roulette Transformer sticker (resized).jpg
    Cap Side power board (resized).jpg
    Fuse side power board (resized).jpg
    MOV (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Trying to restore an older power supply.
    All isolated voltages coming out of XFMR are good
    Grey = 0
    Purple = 12V
    White = 50V

Black = 0
    Red = 36V

Yellow = 0
    Orange = 11.5V

What should be coming out of this circuit board's 20-pin header?

Pin1=50V (Not used) (Trace comes directly from XFMR White 50V wire & there is no connecting wire in 20-pin Molex connector)
    Pins2,3,4,5=12V (Trace comes from location[F3] 10A fuse)
    Pin6=Not Used - no pin...empty hole..no traces going to it.
    Pins7=0 (Trace comes from location [F4] 5A fuse)
    Pins8,9,10=11.5V (Trace comes from positive side location [C1] of 63V capacitor)
    Pins12,13,14,15,16= 118VAC (Trace comes from positive side of location [C2] of 63V capacitor)
    Pins17,18,19=36V (Trace comes from positive side location [C3] of 25V capacitor)
    Pin20= -12V (Not Used) (Trace comes from negative side location [C3] of 25V capacitor)

Pin7 is dead.
    Pins12,13,14,15, and 16 which are all tied together by solder and a trace are dead.
    I'm guessing these pins should be carrying DC rather than AC voltage?
    if so, what should be coming out?

I want to order:
    4 new caps (2@63V 6800uF and 2@25V 15000uF).
    2 new rectifiers (FAGOR FB2502L B80/70-25L) or similar? The Fagors were original.
    1 new NTE967 3-pin voltage regulator.
    1 new Bournes 2-pin MF-R065 Resettable fuse varistor? At least that's what I think it is?

only other parts are at location [R1] a 5-colored code resistor (brown, black, black, brown, brown)? and
    a 4-colored code resistor at location [R2] (yellow, black, red, gold)?
    They do not appear to be burned out though I'm not sure of the resistance of them because I haven't isolated them from the board.

Can anyone help me with this circuit board?
    I am going to un-solder all 9 components except for the four fuse holders to try and locate all the traces on this thing.
    Is that a good plan?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this!
    -Mark
    Fuse side power board (resized).jpgFuse side power board (resized).jpgMOV (resized).jpgMOV (resized).jpgCap Side power board (resized).jpgCap Side power board (resized).jpg

unsoldered fuse side (resized).jpgunsoldered fuse side (resized).jpgrectifiers marked (resized).jpgrectifiers marked (resized).jpgRoulette Transformer sticker (resized).jpgRoulette Transformer sticker (resized).jpgResults of Red(36V) rectifier power voltages (resized).jpgResults of Red(36V) rectifier power voltages (resized).jpgOrange 11.5 v to rectifier (resized).jpgOrange 11.5 v to rectifier (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/circa-1996-roulette-power-circuit-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.