Cincypinball is pleased to announce a tournament dedicated to raising money for the Oursler family's medical expenses. IFPA is temporarily waiving the 30-day announcement requirement for these fundraising tournaments, so this event is scheduled for Saturday Feb 15th (little under 2 weeks from today). This tournament is open to the public, and as it is scheduled for a Saturday, will be worth a full complement of 25 WPPR points! Pre-registration by midnight Feb 12th is required. Tournament will be at a residence in Cincinnati, OH but there will be plenty of room to play. Competition games will be chosen from a selection of over 30 quality machines.
Register by sending email to Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org or Phoebe at email@example.com. Registrants will be sent the street address. Tournament is a standard setup, nothing fancy on such short notice. Payments taken onsite - do not mail or paypal any money beforehand.
- Registration is open to the public, but you must pre-register by midnight Wed 12th so we have accurate player count. Address will be sent to registered players who need it. No pre-payments accepted.
- Qualifying will be "Herb style" (do we have a better name for this yet?) The initial entry fee of $20 gets you registered and buys one entry (play) on each machine in the qualifying bank of 5 games.
- Additional entries will be for sale at 4 plays for $10. These four games may be used on any machine(s) in the bank.
- Qualifying runs 9am til 6pm on bank of 5 games. Game(s) may be added to the bank (prior to start) if we get more than 30 registrants to keep lines from becoming excessive.
- Catastrophic malfunction date line is 2pm - game replaced before/scores frozen after this point.
- All qualifying rules and procedures to be based on PAPA rules (malfunctions, interference, stuck balls, etc)
- PAPA position/rank scoring (1st 100, 2nd 90, 3rd 85,84,83,82..)
- Qualifying runs til 6pm. No new games may be started after 5:50pm. No refunds for partially used entry blocks (individual plays).
- Top 8 qualifiers at 6pm play single-elimination finals, best 2 of 3. High seed has choice of game OR order throughout finals. Opponent gets remaining choice.
- Ties - one game playoff, coinflip for choice of game/order.
- If more than 24 register, we will take the top 12, add one round w/top 4 bye.
- Twenty-five (25) brand new, never used before WPPR points!
- COINTAKER is sponsoring the tournament with a significant prize package of merchandise - details soon!
- Phoebe (Butterflygirl) is donating TWO signed translites: Met Pro T-light signed by Borg, and a Monopoly T-light signed by Lawlor
- Matt Gauslin is donating various goodies to the prize pool
- We may have door-prizes or raffle if prizes keep coming in.
- NO CASH PRIZES, all cash proceeds donated to Barry and his wife.
We already have (apprx guess) 8 people committed so should be a good crowd.
Good luck everyone!