3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gearheaddropping
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0549_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0547_(resized).JPG
    12341309_10153713556474707_8197906563320393185_n_(resized).jpg
    burnmarks_(resized).JPG
    20160129_184422_(resized).jpg
    PhotoGrid_1448839558464_(resized).jpg
    100_2390_(resized).JPG
    100_2387_(resized).JPG
    100_2365_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20150421_190228_(resized).jpg
    SDC16239_copy_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    Wilson_cigarette_dispenser_2_(resized).jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Cigarettes killed millions and that tar they left behind on the cabinets isn't appealing to me . I never smoked but my entire family did.
    But I'm the one who got cancer .. They didn't . I stopped eating natural foods because I heard people were dying of natural causes

Agree on the nasty tar stains left on pin cabinets (yes, it's tar. NOT nicotine!), but the wheel has killed more people than just about anything else in history. Banning DDT has also killed millions. Not that I smoke (an occasional stogie is nice), and I think smokers are their own worst enemies (generally they think the world is their ashtray), but it IS a legal substance, and people are free to make their own decisions as to what they consume or choose not to. My late brother smoked cigarettes his whole adult life, and was rarely ever sick. He died at 62 of a rare disease that had nothing to do with his smoking. Who knows who gets cancer and for what reason. I think the totally unreported disaster at the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan will result in many thousands if not millions of cancer cases worldwide. Yeah, natural foods. Ask Ewell Brenner(?) about that. My favorite bumper sticker of all time read, "Eat Well, Live Right, And Die Anyway!" BTW, I don't think cigarette burns or carvings give games "character". I think it detracts from their cosmetic beauty and diminishes their value as collectables.

#52 3 years ago

Charactor? Or just some slob who does not give a $hit about somebody's property.

#53 3 years ago

I wish my tutankham control panel had a lot less "character" then.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Charactor? Or just some slob who does not give a $hit about somebody's property.

Goes with my premise that most smokers are their own worst enemies. They think everyone else should be glad to share in the byproducts of their nasty habit. If I chew a stick of gum, I don't discard the wrapper or the used gum on the sidewalk or casually toss it out my car window. Why do smokers think that discarding their butts wherever they want is acceptable? Not only are they littering, but they're creating a fire hazard as well. They're certainly not helping their cause in the eyes of non-smokers.

#55 3 years ago

yes ,with all the cig butts thrown around it was getting hard to see all the Illinois instant lotto tickets discarded at gas station parking lots and 7-11s.....lucky we have all these Walmart bags blowing in the wind and caught in our shrubs so we have something to put these butts in.

#56 3 years ago

My old early 80's Chexx Hockey (USA vs USSR) has metallic decals on the corners around the dome that are marked for placing your lit cigarettes (won't burn through). I think it gives the game personality as it was normal at the time.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

If I chew a stick of gum, I don't discard the wrapper or the used gum on the sidewalk or casually toss it out my car window.

I've actually seen gum on the ground before. Shocking I know.

#58 3 years ago

Whether it's lottery tickets, plastic bags, butts, gum, water bottles, or whatever, slobs are everywhere. Shocking!

#59 3 years ago

humans have always been their own worst enemy.

#60 3 years ago

My favorite teacher, 6th gr, used to tape $5 bills (hidden) to garbage or paper on the ground. To this day I will pick stuff up and think of him.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

My favorite teacher, 6th gr, used to tape $5 bills (hidden) to garbage or paper on the ground. To this day I will pick stuff up and think of him.

Must have been a very well paid teacher!

#62 3 years ago

I wonder how many of them were thrown away or blew away into the sewer.

#63 3 years ago

Here is some shots of a Captain Fantastic I am working on. A previous operator used to lay his cigarette across the wood above the coin door probably while servicing it!

DSC_0547_(resized).JPG

DSC_0549_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 69.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside