1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by jazc4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Was in Texas for the F1 race and ended up stopping by Cidercade in Houston this week with my wife. Hate to say it but the pinball machines were a graveyard of filthy, broken and in some cases entirely unplayable games. It’s sad too because several are newer Stern LE machines that have literally been trashed.

The cross over wire form ramp on mando was broken off and removed, the ball just launched off the end of the plastic portion of the ramp and flies down onto the playfield with a bang. AFM had flippers so shot they wouldn’t even make a clean shot to the mothership much less make any ramp shots. Toy story played well enough but had very soft flippers and was shockingly filthy for such a new game. Godzilla LE was equally filthy top to bottom with massive shooter lane wear and other damage, rubbers about to snap, etc. Led Zeppelin LE, the main mech elevating in the middle didn’t work at all. I can’t imagine the play counts on these machines they are beat. But to be honest most could be brought back to decent shape with some decent cleaning and flipper rebuilds.

We had way more fun playing the video games and drivers. If you are going there for pinball just don’t get too excited and be prepared to shed a tear for the lineup of trashed LE machines.

#2 1 year ago

Maybe they just did this for Halloween.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Was in Texas for the F1 race and ended up stopping by Cidercade in Houston this week with my wife. Hate to say it but the pinball machines were a graveyard of filthy, broken and in some cases entirely unplayable games. It’s sad too because several are newer Stern LE machines that have literally been trashed.
    The cross over wire form ramp on mando was broken off and removed, the ball just launched off the end of the plastic portion of the ramp and flies down onto the playfield with a bang. AFM had flippers so shot they wouldn’t even make a clean shot to the mothership much less make any ramp shots. Toy story played well enough but had very soft flippers and was shockingly filthy for such a new game. Godzilla LE was equally filthy top to bottom with massive shooter lane wear and other damage, rubbers about to snap, etc. Led Zeppelin LE, the main mech elevating in the middle didn’t work at all. I can’t imagine the play counts on these machines they are beat. But to be honest most could be brought back to decent shape with some decent cleaning and flipper rebuilds.
    We had way more fun playing the video games and drivers. If you are going there for pinball just don’t get too excited and be prepared to shed a tear for the lineup of trashed LE machines.

That’s funny. My son and I tried them out last Saturday night. Our main pin we wanted to play was TS4. We were excited to play it but the right flipper wasn’t strong enough to get the ball up the left ramp. We had to backhand that shot from the left flipper. Gabby Gabby’s face was so filthy. I didn’t care for the game, but that is somewhat influenced by the weak flipper. My son still out 750,000 on his first time to play it.
    Godzilla LE played well and was a game we enjoyed a lot. Hate to see an LE get beat up in there though.
    Rush pro was a surprise hit. It played well, was clean, and was fun.
    Stranger Things and Zepplin were down. Iron Maiden had a broken flipper.
    The arcade games is really the star of the show there. We have a blast on the arcade games.

8 months later
    #4 8 months ago

Is our Cidercade in Houston still like this? Has anyone been lately that could update? Pinball Map only has recent comments for a couple of machines.

7 months later
    #5 28 days ago

Following up to my own post... The maintenance seems to have gotten a bit better, at least with AFM, though with some of the other games it's a bit of a dice roll. Cactus Canyon needed a flipper rebuild pretty badly. Heavy Metal, surprisingly, has never had any kind of issues any time I've gone down there to play.

#6 27 days ago

Do they have any new games that came out in 2023?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cidercade-houston-pinball-graveyard- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.