1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 343 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A5044197-3A37-4F5D-AA8C-E15314E162EA (resized).jpeg
    1160FC24-ACEB-439E-8C5F-160119972FE2 (resized).png
    BB269B94-3F8A-40D1-B051-5CABBFBB9816 (resized).jpeg
    6DD6AE8F-049B-4672-925F-3C53532D61BF (resized).jpeg
    A9D232E5-C4AC-4946-8C9F-438E76AC8BB9 (resized).jpeg
    80CB6FB3-9D5B-4FF1-8E70-4C4DC698D7E5 (resized).jpeg
    590921FD-CCB4-4D78-9CFC-D3FCBBC8790C (resized).jpeg
    8B92FE00-A9F1-427E-B860-99E6D7835CFB (resized).jpeg
    29384D93-974C-4C20-835D-DC5C30DD36D1 (resized).jpeg
    CB9BC5A8-5F37-4B60-A11B-8CB762FC0E87 (resized).jpeg
    C2F31509-8EA5-434E-B780-F79430353C00 (resized).jpeg
    2B62F94B-3514-47D8-8A5D-FDBD4CE829E9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1574 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1572 (resized).JPG
    25F0F718-AF9A-4633-8C7C-7575168DEDF2 (resized).jpeg
    bff9108eecbfbee5f2f58ef6bf30 (resized).jpg

There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 1 year ago

Hey everyone!

As a few of you have seen, I've started streaming for SDTM pinball on Wednesday nights at 8 pm. Just wanted to start my own dedicated thread about this stream so I can send out info and get feedback from everyone.

For those of you that haven't tuned in, each week I play a game and set a few challenging goals for myself and try to knock them out.

I also do informal tutorials of the games I am playing, meaning I just kind of talk through the game while playing and explain why I'm doing the things in doing and also clarify anything from questions in the chat.

Twitch.tv/sdtmpinball for the Wednesday streams.

Twitch.tv/chuckwurt for my streams I do on my own other days of the week from time to time.

Come hang out!!

#2 1 year ago

So first request of everyone:

What game to stream this week 9/20 at 8 pm?

Firepower
    Fire!
    Big Game
    Xenon

#3 1 year ago

oops... voted

#4 1 year ago

So far, it is Big Game going into turn 1.

#5 1 year ago

Great streams. Great fella. Great machines. Soon I'm ready to see the master take a seat at the Iron Throne!!!

#6 1 year ago

No love for tuuuuube shots? Haha

#7 1 year ago

Big game by fair. Obviously it's BIG and there's tons of thing on the PF & you don;t see it everyday.

Fire is so bad. Xenon over rated as hell. Firepower great game but old news.

EDIT: All games don't have a white & blue rubber on them do they?

#8 1 year ago

If it ends up being Big Game, I'll make a Pinside donation in your name.
    ( I really can't watch another Firepower video)

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

If it ends up being Big Game, I'll make a Pinside donation in your name.
    ( I really can't watch another Firepower video)

Bribery will absolutely be something that swings this election.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bribery will absolutely be something that swings this election.

as usual

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Big game by fair. Obviously it's BIG and there's tons of thing on the PF & you don;t see it everyday.
    Fire is so bad. Xenon over rated as hell. Firepower great game but old news.
    EDIT: All games don't have a white & blue rubber on them do they?

I don't know why Big Game does not get the love. For me, Big Game kicks some serious ass. The casual played can have some fun banging the ball around; It is not a drain monster. And it is super fast. But to get the big points takes some pinball skills.

#12 1 year ago

Looks like Big Game is closing in! Would be a nice game to stream for sure because I'd like to learn more about the rule set.

#13 1 year ago

BIG fan of Big Game!
    As they say:
    "Go BIG or go home!"

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Looks like Big Game is closing in! Would be a nice game to stream for sure because I'd like to learn more about the rule set.

Big Game, like my other classic Sterns, has a simple rule set and two objectives.

The SECONDARY objective is to light up inserts around play field that spell B-I-G-G-A-M-E. This action lights up your spinners and the kickout saucer at top of play field and sets you up to get big points with both spinners and the saucer.

The PRIMARY objective is to light up all of the numbers in the "bingo cards" labeled "X", "Y" and "Z". You can set the game so two cards are always lighted at the same time. Or you can make it more difficult by only lighting one card at a time. If the "X" and "Y" are lit up and you hit the #1 drop target, the corresponding #1 inserts in cards "X" and "Y" will light up.

There are three sets of drop targets for a total of nine targets numbered 1 thru 9. Repeat the above action for all nine drop targets and you will have lighted up all nine inserts in cards "X" and "Y". But you have to do the same to card "Z", too. How do you do that? Read on.

There is one rollover switch in the middle of the play field and one pop bumper that switches which cards are in action as the ball moves around the play field. The card combos are "X-Y", X-Z", or "Y-Z". Or, as I said, you can make the game harder by setting up for only "X", or "Y" or "Z" to lighted up. You have little control over which card will be switched into action as it depends on how the ball is rolling. The best you can do is to try and target which targets to drop based on which cards are active.

The more inserts you can light up inside the cards the bigger the points. Get all 27 inserts in all three bingo cards lighted up for the real big point countdown.

The ruleset is easier to learn by watching than by reading what I just wrote. And while it is a simple rule set, getting all 27 inserts lighted up is not easy to do and does not happen all that often.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some people do not like Big Game because they cannot figure out how to use the four flippers. There is a blocking bridge between the flippers so that the ball does not drain between the flippers as can happen on Gottlieb's Sinbad or Bally's Captain Fantastic; In other words, you cannot get "sissored" in Big Game ( there was one member here who posted pics of his Big Game and he removed those blocking bridges for some sort of different flipper challenge ). I get it but that is not the way Big Game was designed to be played.

What you can do is trap the ball with any one of the four flippers; Each of the flippers is set up to aim for one of the drop target assemblies; Learning to do backhand flipper shots is a must. Learning to flipper pass is a nice skill to learn, as well.

Big Game is fast and there is lots of pop bumper and drop target action. It is fun to play but it is not an easy game to master.

#15 1 year ago

Right on all accounts except for what lights the spinners

Spell BIG in the top lanes to get the right spinner lit for rest of game.

If the X card is lit, left spinner is lit.

Big game looks like the winner as we're getting some good hype going here.

Thanks for all the thoughts from everyone. Can't wait!

#16 1 year ago

can you post a link so we can tune in????

#17 1 year ago

https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball For the Wednesday night streams. just tune in around 8.

https://www.twitch.tv/chuckwurt For my personal stream. For this I suggest following it and set up notifications as there is no set schedule for when I go live from here.

Thanks!

#18 1 year ago

Ghostbusters!

#19 1 year ago

Sorry. I only stream games that are actually good. Heyo!!!

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry. I only stream games that are actually good. Heyo!!!

Ruuuuuuuuude!!!

#21 1 year ago

BIG GAME! Although that is a nice balloon knot on Xenon, I mean tube shot.

#22 1 year ago

Any pinball is good truthfully. We will take whatwver we can get!

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Any pinball is good truthfully. We will take whatwver we can get!

yea but... I'll be giving up the AGT Finals so....

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

yea but... I'll be giving up the AGT Finals so....

If only my wife and step daughter would do the same.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Big Game, like my other classic Sterns, has a simple rule set and two objectives.
    The SECONDARY objective is to light up inserts around play field that spell B-I-G-G-A-M-E. This action lights up your spinners and the kickout saucer at top of play field and sets you up to get big points with both spinners and the saucer.
    The PRIMARY objective is to light up all of the numbers in the "bingo cards" labeled "X", "Y" and "Z". You can set the game so two cards are always lighted at the same time. Or you can make it more difficult by only lighting one card at a time. If the "X" and "Y" are lit up and you hit the #1 drop target, the corresponding #1 inserts in cards "X" and "Y" will light up.
    There are three sets of drop targets for a total of nine targets numbered 1 thru 9. Repeat the above action for all nine drop targets and you will have lighted up all nine inserts in cards "X" and "Y". But you have to do the same to card "Z", too. How do you do that? Read on.
    There is one rollover switch in the middle of the play field and one pop bumper that switches which cards are in action as the ball moves around the play field. The card combos are "X-Y", X-Z", or "Y-Z". Or, as I said, you can make the game harder by setting up for only "X", or "Y" or "Z" to lighted up. You have little control over which card will be switched into action as it depends on how the ball is rolling. The best you can do is to try and target which targets to drop based on which cards are active.
    The more inserts you can light up inside the cards the bigger the points. Get all 27 inserts in all three bingo cards lighted up for the real big point countdown.
    The ruleset is easier to learn by watching than by reading what I just wrote. And while it is a simple rule set, getting all 27 inserts lighted up is not easy to do and does not happen all that often.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Some people do not like Big Game because they cannot figure out how to use the four flippers. There is a blocking bridge between the flippers so that the ball does not drain between the flippers as can happen on Gottlieb's Sinbad or Bally's Captain Fantastic; In other words, you cannot get "sissored" in Big Game ( there was one member here who posted pics of his Big Game and he removed those blocking bridges for some sort of different flipper challenge ). I get it but that is not the way Big Game was designed to be played.
    What you can do is trap the ball with any one of the four flippers; Each of the flippers is set up to aim for one of the drop target assemblies; Learning to do backhand flipper shots is a must. Learning to flipper pass is a nice skill to learn, as well.
    Big Game is fast and there is lots of pop bumper and drop target action. It is fun to play but it is not an easy game to master.

Big Thanks buddy!!!

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha I love all of this!!!!!!

It's looking like Big Game is gonna win. No creepy clowns or flux fumes to deal with on this one. Should be Greg safe. Haha

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's looking like Big Game is gonna win. No creepy clowns or flux fumes to deal with on this one. Should be Greg safe. Haha

Gonna be a good stream. Hopefully Greg is scared of tigers too haha

#29 1 year ago

I have just donated $4000 to pinside in your name. Minus my $3990 processing fee of course.
    So $10 donated in your name.

PS I kept your heart for myself... figured you wouldn't mind.

#30 1 year ago

Votes graph looks like a middle finger bump.

#31 1 year ago

Won't you be pissed if Fire! Pushes past Big Game last minute?

#32 1 year ago

You tryin' to stack the deck cw?

#33 1 year ago

You could easily get more people to donate by saying you won;t play fire.

#34 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone that tuned in!! Only got one of my challenges completed but we will get after Big Game again in the future.

Next week has already been decide as it's leaving soon. I'll give a hint each day leading up to it.

First hint:

Boondock Saints

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks to everyone that tuned in!! Only got one of my challenges completed but we will get after Big Game again in the future.
    Next week has already been decide as it's leaving soon. I'll give a hint each day leading up to it.
    First hint:
    Boondock Saints

Ooh I like where this is going!

#36 1 year ago

I'm not sure who has not seen this show as of yet. But if you have been hiding under a rock for the last few months please check this show out. It is fantastic! Great Show with two very charismatic and knowledgeable pinball enthusiasts. Very relevant and informative. They tackle a wide range of topics and discuss openly the issues in a fair unbiased way. Fun ! Informative ! Entertainment ! Please take the time to watch one of there shows and trust me you will be hooked. Zach & Greg you guys are awesome. Keep up the good work.

Name of the show to watch.

Straight Down The Middle a Pinball Show

SDTM a Pinball Show

Check them out you will Love it!

LINK:

Watch "Straight Down The Middle: a pinball show" on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAoeA05zcyksTEN3dEXCzCA

#37 12 months ago

More hints for Wednesday:

Lance Armstrong

Coral Reef

Kill Bill

#38 12 months ago

Stream tomorrow night! Last hint:

Winnebago

#39 12 months ago

I think I got it! The coral reef hint makes sense now

#40 12 months ago

Wow did anyone see this AMAZING pinball Show! Must See. Keep them coming.

Link to Straight Down The Middle a Pinball Show.

#41 12 months ago

Okay so in case others haven't guessed, tonight's game is The Walking Dead Premium!!

I have had this on loan from my friend brazy and it will be leaving soon. So Brady is coming over tonight (hopefully) to play with me and we are going to get to Last Man Standing. This is the final wizard mode that requires 115 walker kills to start.

We have never even sniffed this mode so we thought it would be fun to set the game to 10 ball and see if we can do it. haha.

Anyway, should be fun.

Come hang out at 8 pm eastern tonight on STDMpinball on twitch!!

#42 12 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay so in case others haven't guessed, tonight's game is The Walking Dead Premium!!
    I have had this on loan from my friend brazy and it will be leaving soon. So Brady is coming over tonight (hopefully) to play with me and we are going to get to Last Man Standing. This is the final wizard mode that requires 115 walker kills to start.
    We have never even sniffed this mode so we thought it would be fun to set the game to 10 ball and see if we can do it. haha.
    Anyway, should be fun.

Now that sounds pretty awesome! Will be tuning in for sure. Plenty to achieve on that machine. One of the bests out there, EVA

#43 12 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

So Brady is coming over tonight (hopefully) to play with me and we are going to get to Last Man Standing.

Well, I'm traveling. I guess I'll miss this show

#44 11 months ago

Thanks for watching last night! Man that TWD sesh was rough. Game set to 10 ball, and we didn't even get to Horde! Haha. Most kills we could muster was 55. Haha.

Oh well. See everyone next week!

#45 11 months ago

You got bit!

#47 11 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

We wanna see LMS! Repeat this week?

That might work. Maybe playing solo might help. Brady's flowing locks are mesmerizing.

#48 11 months ago

Streaming tonight instead of tomorrow night people!! 8 pm eastern.

Gonna give LMS another run for the money. 10 ball here we come!

I am also going to test a theory that I think this TWD's flippers get sluggish after you have been playing the game on 10 ball for a while.

#49 11 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That might work. Maybe playing solo might help. Brady's flowing locks are mesmerizing.

Those locks are no joke!

#50 11 months ago

Live in 20 mins ya hillbillies!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 15.00
    € 55.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballBulbs
    $ 106.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside