(Topic ID: 22565)

Chrome vs. Carbon balls

By Matt_Rasmussen

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I have some brand new Chrome balls, but from what I read you shouldn't use them in machines with magnets. I'm wondering how valid this really is, and if using them in my HSII would be a huge problem with the supercharger.

#2 11 years ago

It's valid, they become magnetic.
    You'll notice if it'll be a problem.. depends on how much you play, maybe after a few weeks already they're magnetic.

#3 11 years ago

It is very valid for pins with magnets. They will magnetize much easier/faster than regular ones. And no one likes to play with magnetized balls...

#4 11 years ago

Vaid, seen magnetized balls get stuck in tunnels and traps etc. Causes all kind of wierd problems. Just use carbon with mags. Pinballlife got ultra-gloss for 1.50 a pop

#5 11 years ago

Thanks guys, I'll look for Carbon balls with a good polish.

The Dude, Ben Wa comes to mind, but not sure they're magnetized...maybe it's a 'special' property.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chrome-vs-carbon-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.