Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ashburton
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9494.JPG
IMG_9289.JPG
IMG_9495.JPG
IMG_9497.JPG
IMG_9492.JPG
untitled.png
untitled2.png
untitled1.png
IMAG2855.jpg

#1 3 years ago

I wanted give a shout out to Mike.
I had Mike redo my DM handles and I must say it was a superfast turnaround,great price and they look phenominal!
These things absolutely shine like mirrors!
Thanks Mike.IMAG2855.jpg

#2 3 years ago

Mike doesn't live very far from me and I've been to his shop many times. He is also a top notch pin repair guy too! Really knows his stuff.

#3 3 years ago

I met him at Chad Kellers last month to bring him a Seawitch.He's a super nice guy.
Great transactions.

#4 3 years ago

Mike has my IJ parts currently, I can't wait to get them back. You got me excited with your post.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPlayer2:

Mike has my IJ parts currently, I can't wait to get them back. You got me excited with your post.

I'm sure you will be very happy.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I'm sure you will be very happy.

Trust me, he will be very happy. Had Mike do my IJ parts and it's hard not to sit and stare at how great they look. He also had to re weld one wireform and it's pretty much impossible to tell. Cannot recommend him enough.

#7 3 years ago

I need to have him redo my T2 wireforms soon

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I must say it was a superfast turnaroundIMAG2855.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Mike is a great guy and does great work but I'm curious what your turn around time was. Normally my wait has been 3 weeks. This time around I'm going on 8 weeks and counting.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I wanted give a shout out to Mike.
I had Mike redo my DM handles and I must say it was a superfast turnaround,great price and they look phenominal!
These things absolutely shine like mirrors!
Thanks Mike.IMAG2855.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

what does it cost?

#10 3 years ago

He's ok. Nah-just kidding. Mike has done so much work for me. Always the best!!!

#11 3 years ago

I think he keeps certain high demand parts like DM handles and STTNG shooters in stock so as soon as he receives your originals he sends the chromed ones out. Great guy and outstanding work, cant recommend highly enough

#12 3 years ago

My IJ and TOTAN habs took a month because I had a broken hab that needed repair and I also sent them to him right before he went on vacation. So they sat for a while until he got back. He says he keeps cores of games such as IJ and usually has a set ready to ship as soon as yours come in. He just keeps your old ones as stock. Of course, you could always request to have your originals if you're not pressed for time.

#13 3 years ago

how much for DM handles?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how much for DM handles?

I'd say the best thing to do is contact Mike. I'm sure the prices and turnaround vary depending on cost of materials and his current workload. If I were him, I don't think I'd like people giving you quotes and turnaround on my work. Could be close or could set him up for a disappointed and/or lost potential customer. And we know how people like to come on pinside and slander people when something they don't like goes down.

That's not an accusation that you'd do that, Whysnow. That's just a very possible scenario.

#15 3 years ago

Seems like a reasonable question to me. If only to get a ballpark idea of what a job like that runs.

#16 3 years ago

Just a ballpark would be nice... I may be buying a dm and would be nice to know. 100ish, 200ish, 500ish. Give me an idea.

#17 3 years ago

I asked Mike for a rough quote on plating some other parts and got a quick reply. You might just try contacting him.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just a ballpark would be nice... I may be buying a dm and would be nice to know. 100ish, 200ish, 500ish. Give me an idea.

I've never done a DM and honestly I don't remember prices for other pins he's done for me. I'm not being coy, and I don't recall them being cheap, but at the same time I certainly remember the quality. Reach out to him and he'll let you know.

#19 3 years ago

I don't know about his price for DM handles but don't let that influence your purchase. DM is awesome, just get it.

#20 3 years ago

He's the best!

#21 3 years ago

amazing work, i'd love to do business with him but with shipping and money exchange...

#22 3 years ago

Does anyone have Mike's contact info? Feel free to message me if you don't want to post it.

Thanks!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Mike is a great guy and does great work but I'm curious what your turn around time was. .

He has some DM handles in stock and ready so the turnaround for me was 5 days total shipping mine to him and his back to me.
All other work I'd have no idea.

Quoted from Whysnow:

how much for DM handles?

150.00 as long as he can reuse yours plus shipping

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

Does anyone have Mike's contact info? Feel free to message me if you don't want to post it.
Thanks!

http://horsepowerunlimited.net/ - hpugto@gmail.com

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I asked Mike for a rough quote on plating some other parts and got a quick reply. You might just try contacting him.

Did he say he was taking on new work right now?

#26 3 years ago

Mike has done great work on a number of different projects for me.

#27 3 years ago

Had him do chrome DM handles for me and TOTAN pieces in brass. Excellent work with both.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Had him do chrome DM handles for me and TOTAN pieces in brass. Excellent work with both.

I bet that brass looks great.I have a friend that wants to get his brass redone on his Totan also.I just gave him Mike's info about a week ago.

#29 3 years ago

do it!untitled.pnguntitled1.pnguntitled2.png

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I bet that brass looks great.I have a friend that wants to get his brass redone on his Totan also.I just gave him Mike's info about a week ago.

It really looks better than the pictures show. I didn't do any brass other than what's under the glass but his work on rails, doors, and legs and other stuff in brass looks just as nice.

IMG_9492.JPG
IMG_9497.JPG
IMG_9495.JPG
IMG_9289.JPG
IMG_9494.JPG

#31 3 years ago

Double post

#32 3 years ago

Yes mike is amazing. I had him do a few different things and he always goes above and beyond. You don't even pay until you get the parts back and you are satisfied. The hard work he did plating my old pitted Elvis ramps was amazing!
Top notch!

#33 3 years ago

O

Quoted from pinballpete:Yes mike is amazing. I had him do a few different things and he always goes above and beyond. You don't even pay until you get the parts back and you are satisfied. The hard work he did plating my old pitted Elvis ramps was amazing!
Top notch!

Yes,that's pretty cool.He sends your stuff then you pay him.

#34 3 years ago

Mike Chestnut is the man. Amazing work for very good prices and also very friendly and easy to deal with. My IJ gun handle and wireforms look better than new!

#35 3 years ago

Mike's now done 10 of my machines in a variety of chrome, brass and black nickel so I'd definitely recommend using him. However, a few times I had pieces I wasn't happy with which made the mail order aspect a bit of a pain to deal with. Although he was quick to address them, it can be very frustrating with the waits (2-6 weeks in my experience). When it comes out right, it's beautiful.

#36 3 years ago

Yes, I have had some very nice work from Mike.

But it seems like he is not taking any work right now.

Anybody else?

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

Yes, I have had some very nice work from Mike.
But it seems like he is not taking any work right now.
Anybody else?

He's had a bunch of my stuff a long time. I asked to send him the rest and he said he was swamped and wasn't taking on more work for now.

#38 3 years ago

Well crud. I was getting all hyped up to get some of my stuff plated.

1 week later
#39 3 years ago

I don't like speaking for other people but I'm 100% sure he's
not taking Work right now I spoke to him two weeks ago he was totally swamped
Has some of my parts he has no idea when they'll be finished.
I did a complete brass Indiana Jones cabinet and playfield came out beautiful.

#40 3 years ago

Same here. I wanted to send some stuff out to him and he's buried. No new work.

#41 3 years ago

Bummer, I was about ready to send my Paragon armor out to him. Oh well, I will just shine it up as it is

#42 3 years ago

Yeah he's had my stuff for flash Gordon for like 8 or 9 weeks now.

#43 3 years ago

Just spoke with Mike, he is currently not taking any new work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
$ 269.99
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside