(Topic ID: 173225)

Chrome crashes on mobile

By DanQverymuch

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Anyone else having trouble with Chrome stopping on a mobile device while using the forum? Haven’t noticed it happening on any other sites. Just a screen auto-rotate causes it quite often, as does attempting to enter a post. I have a Galaxy Note 5.
    --------------------------------
    Your browser/os information:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; SM-N920V Build/MMB29K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.36 Mobile Safari/537.36 (this will help us make sense of your bug report)

1 week later
    #2 7 years ago

Seems to always happen while attempting to enter in the text box and needing to screen rotate. Haven't had the problem on any other site, definitely something up with Pinside. I also sometimes get crazy large fonts / default zooms, may be related. It's not even a normal crash, I just get "unfortunately, Chrome has stopped" and restarting leaves me off where it was like nothing happened.

#3 7 years ago

Interesting. So you're in the process of typing text in the posting box and then you rotate your screen and then it crashes?

1 week later
    #4 7 years ago

I'm sorry, I thought I had responded. At any rate, it seems you have fixed it, or maybe Chrome updated and changed something it was doing wrong, either way it isn't happening any more!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chrome-crashes-on-mobile and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.