Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lovef2k
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

Does anybody know what's up with Chroma Pinball in the Pinside shops? It says temporarily closed. I sent message, no reply.

I like the anodized lock nuts they sell and would really to get some. Or of anyone has extra to sell, I need green and red.

#2 2 years ago

Looks like they haven't logged in for almost a full year.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looks like they haven't logged in for almost a full year.

Bummer. I guess there wasn't much demand for these. All I can find online are metric. I'm trying Etsy now.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Does anybody know what's up with Chroma Pinball in the Pinside shops? It says temporarily closed. I sent message, no reply.
    I like the anodized lock nuts they sell and would really to get some. Or of anyone has extra to sell, I need green and red.

Tilt Graphics sells them

#6 2 years ago

i tried to order from them a while ago and the order sat for a while, then got cancelled. I wanted to convert my Whoa Nellie to the green but alas they are unobtanium now. So I just painted a set myself.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from zenbone:

i tried to order from them a while ago and the order sat for a while, then got cancelled. I wanted to convert my Whoa Nellie to the green but alas they are unobtanium now. So I just painted a set myself.

I am pretty sure he just lets Tilt Graphics handle all the transactions now. His product is still around.

#8 2 years ago

Yes the Chroma store is with tilt graphics now. They didn't have many color choices in the big pack 6-32 size. Only 3 colors in the 15 pack. But all colors in singles which made no sense. In the qty drop down list I wanted to order 20 singles but would not accept that so I ordered 19 lol.

I also ordered a 20 pack of 8-32 which I haven't seen anywhere online in this size.

Shipping overcharge imo. $7.50 for something that might weigh 4 or 5 Oz.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Yes the Chroma store is with tilt graphics now. They didn't have many color choices in the big pack 6-32 size. Only 3 colors in the 15 pack. But all colors in singles which made no sense. In the qty drop down list I wanted to order 20 singles but would not accept that so I ordered 19 lol.
    I also ordered a 20 pack of 8-32 which I haven't seen anywhere online in this size.
    Shipping overcharge imo. $7.50 for something that might weigh 4 or 5 Oz.

Mezel Mods used to carry them as well.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Mezel Mods used to carry them as well.

Yes it's nice to have options. I'm surprised that there are tons of these online in metric and not SAE. Chroma had what I needed for HS. I want to use the green 6-32 on the green plastics and the red 8-32 on the tops of the sling shot plastics that hold the ball rails on. I'm getting them powder coated in red. It should be a nice touch.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Got my nuts today

Be careful when you wrench them. Anodized surface gets scratched up fairly easily.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Be careful when you wrench them. Anodized surface gets scratched up fairly easily.

I kind of figured that. I'll just use a small adjustable wrench and some cloth around them. They don't have to be all that tight anyway.

3 months later
    #14 2 years ago

Are they now up and running again?

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cento:

Are they now up and running again?

I have no idea. I wish they were.

#16 2 years ago

I change mine out to nickel plated acorn.
    50 pc for $7.75 inc. shipping.

ebay.com link: itm

Zitts store has colored ones that hold color in Titanium.

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/anodized-p-65.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #17 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I change mine out to nickel plated acorn.
    50 pc for $7.75 inc. shipping.
    ebay.com link: itm
    Zitts store has colored ones that hold color in Titanium.
    http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/anodized-p-65.html
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the links. I was unaware of Zitts store.

I have used stainless steel acorn nuts but they are expensive. I throw them in the tumbler for a few days with fine walnut and they look like chrome when done. They look nice on games that originally had acorn nuts but games like HS that used locknuts, I think it's too much.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chroma-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.