New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 257198)

Christmetallica, 2 Christmas sound mods 1 hard 1 soft

By mcuzz

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MEt (resized).jpg
Christmas Metallica Flyer (resized).png
MET_UPDATE (resized).JPG
IMG_8333 (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

I was really bored and I like Christmas music, so I changed all the music on my Metallica premium.
I did this for myself and for fun, I don't think anyone will be interested in it but if you are here is the link.
This is for a PREMIUM or LE model only, If by chance someone wants it for a pro let me know and I can do one for that model.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1drUVZmrT1P7sdnMjtzmSr8UxfobAnZyL/view?usp=sharing

Main songs are listed, Song times are long so in most cases 2 or 3 songs are used.
Last Christmas
feliz navidad
mele kalikimaka
the Christmas song
Christmas time in hollis Queens
marshmallow world
have yourself a merry little Christmas
all I want for Christmas
Christmas time is here
white Christmas
sleigh ride
let it snow
Santa go straight to the ghetto
the spirit of Christmas
IMG_8333 (resized).jpg

#2 10 months ago

Pretty funny, nice work.

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

If by chance someone wants it for a pro or LE let me know and I can do one for those models.

Yes please... if it isn't too much trouble, a Pro version would be awesome! But seriously, not if it is a lot of bother.

#4 10 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yes please... if it isn't too much trouble, a Pro version would be awesome! But seriously, not if it is a lot of bother.

+1

This sounds like fun.

#5 10 months ago

I love custom music pinball mixes. Can someone post a video, please?

#6 10 months ago
#7 10 months ago

Nice work, and thanks! I’ll have to order a tiny Santa hat for my favorite death row inmate.

#9 10 months ago

Updating my Pro now.... I'm always excited by new software...

MET_UPDATE (resized).JPG

#10 10 months ago

This is pretty cool, good job. After I saw this, with the call out ins the game... like For Whom the Bell Tolls... you could have like Carol of the Bells, or Jingle Bells playing instead, when you pick For Whom the Bell tolls in Crank it up for example... not that it matters, haha.

This will be fun to put in the game, thanks

#11 10 months ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I was really bored and I like Christmas music, so I changed all the music on my Metallica premium.
I did this for myself and for fun, I don't think anyone will be interested in it but if you are here is the link.

Very cool - thanks!

I want to modify my MET Premium for the holidays season. I'm assuming uploading this BIN as well as restoring the original code later will wipe out my high scores each time. Correct?

#12 10 months ago

Yes, that is the unfortunate part your machine will be reset to factory settings.

#13 10 months ago

Dude! This is fuggin AWESOME!!! The load finished, and of course, I went through a couple quick settings, and then bam! All the titles look good, and it is a fun little twist on the game for the holiday! Thanks a bunch for putting together the Pro version for us.

#14 10 months ago

https://www.discogs.com/Various-We-Wish-You-A-Metal-Xmas-And-A-Headbanging-New-Year/release/1929898

So. If any of y'all weren't aware. There's a kickass metal album...

#15 10 months ago

I can't wait, but I'm having trouble installing this. What program to I need to open the download? What is the process - it's been so long since I've updated this thing.

#16 10 months ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I can't wait, but I'm having trouble installing this. What program to I need to open the download? What is the process - it's been so long since I've updated this thing.

You need to copy the BIN file to the root of a USB stick.

Shut off the game. Change dip switch 8 to on on the CPU (the top right board). Insert the USB stick in the USB slot. Turn on the game. Run the update. It will take a while. When done it will tell you to remove the stick and set dip 8 back to off. Then turn off the game, and finally turn it on. Go into settings and reset to free play and any other settings. Poof, have fun.

#17 10 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Dude! This is fuggin AWESOME!!! ...

+1

Uploaded the new tunes and just finished one of my best MET games ever! Don't know if the outstanding Christmas mix was the key or not, but MET is definitely playing A LOT JOLLIER than usual!

THANKS MAN - this is great!!!

#18 10 months ago

Make it work for an LE please

#19 10 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Make it work for an LE please

Premium and LE are the same code.

#20 10 months ago

I have been asked to do a metal Christmas version.
Coming soon!

#21 10 months ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I have been asked to do a metal Christmas version.
Coming soon!

Nice!

#22 10 months ago

Excellent job mcuzz! Pretty fun for the holidays, and really well done. My family loves it! Thanks for the effort you put into this. Merry Christmas.

#23 10 months ago

This is a BLAST!

#24 10 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to do this and the willingness to share it. I just uploaded it to my Metallica Pro on location last night. I only got to play one game on it, but I was really impressed. We are going to donate all the coin drop from the machine the rest of the month to the local humane society as a holiday gift. Thank you for helping us spread some holiday cheer!

Christmas Metallica Flyer (resized).png
#25 10 months ago

I am glad some people are enjoying this Christmas mix as much as I am.
somehow it ended up helping out some cute dogs, an unexpected win.
When I finished the mix a friend asked me to make a Metal version, I thought it made sense. Metallica, duhh.
so here it is, the metal Christmas mix. Enjoy.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/135iWFnX6y2w7yo93f_xon3kVKWAjtc/view?usp=sharing

Premium/LE
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nRK3w_c5qMKCXLIW3SXlIN2J4U033owQ/view?usp=sharing

Pro
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v9d-ITk572PWbeigQxQt9ZEu89NqNBmy/view?usp=sharing

#26 10 months ago

DUDE YOU ARE MY SPIRIT ANIMAL!!!!!!!

#27 10 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:You need to copy the BIN file to the root of a USB stick.
Shut off the game. Change dip switch 8 to on on the CPU (the top right board). Insert the USB stick in the USB slot. Turn on the game. Run the update. It will take a while. When done it will tell you to remove the stick and set dip 8 back to off. Then turn off the game, and finally turn it on. Go into settings and reset to free play and any other settings. Poof, have fun.

Thanks! So I don't need to unzip the file? Just download and copy onto the stick??

#28 10 months ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Thanks! So I don't need to unzip the file? Just download and copy onto the stick??

Do not unzip file, just download on to USB stick.

#29 10 months ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

here it is, the metal Christmas mix. Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing this! Not sure I'll load it this year but it is great to have. Nice work.

#30 10 months ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Do not unzip file, just download on to USB stick.

This is so awesome and I'm totally missing out. The game doesn't recognize the file whether downloaded on a Mac or PC. I follow all the instructions, insert the drive and nothing happens!! Hit the select button and nothing registers! ughhhh

#31 10 months ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

This is so awesome and I'm totally missing out. The game doesn't recognize the file whether downloaded on a Mac or PC. I follow all the instructions, insert the drive and nothing happens!! Hit the select button and nothing registers! ughhhh

Did you move the dip switch on the main board?

#32 10 months ago

I had to try a couple of different usb drives before the game would recognize the file.

Quoted from mthirkell:

#34 10 months ago

Format the USB key to fat-32

#35 10 months ago

Awesome job, thanks for the Rockin' version. And the well wishes, lol. Family love it!
I found a hat for sparky from a wine bottle gift wrap.

MEt (resized).jpg
1 week later
#36 10 months ago

I finally finished shopping out my Metallica and promptly loaded up this code. It is fantastic. Not only because it's hilarious to hear the wrong songs and callouts that are now totally out of place. That would be enough, but the sound quality is great, everything is mixed well as far as song volume. Even some of the text is different. Great job! What other games have you done?

#37 10 months ago

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it!
I did a sound remix for X-Men and also Spiderman vault.

#38 10 months ago

I just installed this on my Met last night as well. Excellent job with the music choices and integrating it into the game. Everyone that was there was surprised and laughing a bit listening to Christmas music coming from a Metallica pin. Loved the inclusion of Wham! - Last Christmas as one of the songs, awesome, lol! Perfect setup for the holidays with family over.

#39 10 months ago

It just wouldn’t be complete without Wham!

#40 10 months ago

Cool part is listening to the songs in radio attract mode.. best first ball ever with this code 239 mil. Thanks for doing this!!

#41 10 months ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Cool part is listening to the songs in radio attract mode.. best first ball ever with this code 239 mil. Thanks for doing this!!

Because I’ve only owned MET a couple years, I didn’t even know it had the radio attract mode. It’s a Christmas miracle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 25.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside