(Topic ID: 69069)

Christmas light remote, safe for turning on pinball collection?

By huo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6890.jpg
    IMG_6893.jpg
    DSC00774.JPG
    th-1-325.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago

^^^

you do realize that pinball machines were/are left on for hours (and sometimes days) on end?

you do realize that the power to your machine is running through a very inexpensive breaker in your breaker box?

you do realize that your "rugged aluminum box with internal breaker" really isn't buying you anything (it is just a fancy power strip, with a "breaker" that is no more robust than the ones you are denigrating)?

you do realize that your "rugged aluminum..." is plugged into an outlet that costs a few bucks at most?

i could go on... do you have everything in your house connected in this manner?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

Insteon here.. One control panel to rule them all.

DSC00774.JPG 278 KB

nifty... i like that...

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

If your into Home Automation, Insteon makes these nice plug in units that use power line signals and RF to make a P2P web on units.. I run 3 machine per unit and I have a small micro computer in a box that I can access via a UI on my main computer. I then have it run a small script to turn on all my gameroom with one button...
    Basically,
    If Arcade_On the turn on A then B then C then D and turn off E
    Where A B and C are banks or pins/vids and D is blacklights and rope lights and E is main lighting.

yea, i've been kicking it around a bit... i currently use urc modules for lighting control via rf with wand remotes, but i'm looking to replace/expand that... insteon has become a lot more attractive in recent years with the introduction of tools like isy99...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/christmas-light-remote-safe-for-turning-on-pinball-collection?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.