3CC19C90-43C4-4059-ACB3-E09619544110 (resized).png
anna-nicole-smith-2 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
20191219_110720_resized (resized).jpg
20190722_125114 (resized).jpg
santa alex (resized).jpg
B35E123B-C667-4A1B-A756-B87EE312867E (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

If not for her, I am sure I would either be dead, or in jail by now.

I’m sure a lot of men can agree with that statement. Hope you two have a Happy Holidays.

#102 4 years ago

N/A, No Thanks, Drama free house

Andrew

#103 4 years ago

First time ive heard of someone not exchanging gifts with their spouse... I find that very strange actually.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Now that's a story worth hearing. I thought there was more behind it than the obligatory "she rescued me line" which in most stories means we were behaving badly and they put us back on track. Your story truly was someone coming to rescue you from a toxic situation out of pure compassion for another; thanks for telling it and hope you two have many, many more years together. Merry Christmas.

She truly is my hero and my angel. And I do my best every day, to be her Prince, in rusty armor.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Slackmoe:

N/A, No Thanks, Drama free house
Andrew

Well said. Happy Holidays.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

First time ive heard of someone not exchanging gifts with their spouse... I find that very strange actually.

I guess it’s like they say, different strokes for different folks. Have a Merry Christmas.

#107 4 years ago

I love the season. Me and my fiancée are not really doing gifts this year but next year I will.

I'm still going to get her some small gifts. Like for the stocking.

I have everything I could want already. The things I need now can't be bought. Like my nasea center in my brain is destroyed.

I bought my niece and nephew some things. I bought my ten year old nephew a fantastic four by John Byrne omnibus.

I love the magic of the season. The lights. No snow in Cali!

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:If not for her, I am sure I would either be dead, or in jail by now.

Thanks for sharing your story. I've said this exact statement i don't know how many times. Best thing that happened to me was meeting my better half 21 years ago. Turned my life around 180° My friends and I had graduated to dealing and doing heavy drugs on a daily basis, fighting other crews constantly, dating strippers, cops in a big city knowing your name, etc. Basically heading to prison or od'ing. After I met her I realized I'd rather be with her instead of getting fukd up with the boys. She liked to drink and smoke hash but no heavy drugs. I just distanced myself from them and broke away. I met her February of 98 and by May of 98 I was done with my old life. Haven't snorted a line or smoked a rock since. We moved in April 99 and have rarely been apart since. She is by far best thing that has happened to me.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks for sharing your story. I've said this exact statement i don't know how many times.

Another great story thanks for sharing it, bolsters your belief that there are still many wonderful people left out there just needing and wanting to find another.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks for sharing your story. I've said this exact statement i don't know how many times. Best thing that happened to me was meeting my better half 21 years ago. Turned my life around 180° My friends and I had graduated to dealing and doing heavy drugs on a daily basis, fighting other crews constantly, dating strippers, cops in a big city knowing your name, etc. Basically heading to prison or od'ing. After I met her I realized I'd rather be with her instead of getting fukd up with the boys. She liked to drink and smoke hash but no heavy drugs. I just distanced myself from them and broke away. I met her February of 98 and by May of 98 I was done with my old life. Haven't snorted a line or smoked a rock since. We moved in April 99 and have rarely been apart since. She is by far best thing that has happened to me.

Sounds familiar I moved from Cali to upstate NY with my wife so we could work on our relationship without the whole past thing bringing us down. Best gift we could have done for our relationship. Having really no one and leaving family behind but worth it. Thanks for sharing the truth and being honest I’ve always been that way about my past. It’s made me who I am today and I’m a great guy. Happy holidays.

#111 4 years ago

It is really heartwarming to hear these types of stories. I have my own difficult situations with my family members and my wife has been my absolute rock. They truly are our better halves.

#112 4 years ago

I love walking around at night and seeing all the Christmas lights.

I also like cheesy Christmas music.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

I also like cheesy Christmas music.

Yes you do but brings back memories. Keep enjoying. Happy Holidays.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

It is really heartwarming to hear these types of stories. I have my own difficult situations with my family members and my wife has been my absolute rock. They truly are our better halves.

Yeah I am glad too, it’s been inspirational. Happy Holidays to you and your better half.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Yes you do but brings back memories. Keep enjoying. Happy Holidays.

The memories remind me of my son's divorce a little better than 2 yeas ago. After 3 years of marriage, his wife decided she was gay.

He's finally cool with things and has moved past the hate. But there are a couple movies he can't watch with his 2 boys. They don't ask to watch them anymore. They don't know why, other than dad doesn't like them.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The memories remind me of my son's divorce a little better than 2 yeas ago. After 3 years of marriage, his wife decided she was gay.

Sorry don’t know what to say. but sounds like he has two beautiful gifts at home.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Sorry don’t know what to say. but sounds like he has two beautiful gifts at home.

Those two gifts and the two my daughter has are kind of why my wife and I don't get each other much for Christmas and why I like this thread.

We do for each other all year long. Christmas, at least for us, is a time for children. That's how we enjoy the holidays.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

No snow in Cali!

Well...... not in Fullerton but take a drive and you can find some. Have a Happy Holiday.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Well it’s that time of the year again. I personally feel like it’s a Hallmark Holiday. Sorry to offend the religious believers but it’s my opinion only.
Well every year my wife and I choose not to exchange gifts on Christmas. Christmas is everyday in our house. She is fine with it. We do trips she buys what she wants we have the things we need.
So my question is do you and your spouse exchange gifts for Christmas?
If so feel free to post a pic, give a comment, lie or don’t lie it’s up to you.

Nope...we are both adults with full time jobs, if she wants something she can go buy it. In fact we are constantly trying to reduce the amount of crap in our house and presents only adds doesn’t subtract.

Honestly, i think it is weird for adults to give other adults Christmas presents.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

In fact we are constantly trying to reduce the amount of crap in our house and presents only adds doesn’t subtract.

That’s a fact. We too have cleaned everywhere in the house except the attic which I will get to when it warms a little. Thanks for sharing, Happy Holidays to you guys.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Those two gifts and the two my daughter has are kind of why my wife and I don't get each other much for Christmas and why I like this thread.

Thanks for enjoying the thread. Keep enjoying your loved ones around you.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to your family as well.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:That’s a fact. We too have cleaned everywhere in the house except the attic which I will get to when it warms a little. Thanks for sharing, Happy Holidays to you guys.

Thank you and same to you...we do buy presents but mainly for our kids, nieces, nephews and sometimessecret Santa layaway.

I am not a bah-humbug, in fact I really like Christmas. I usually get what I want on Christmas; munch on cookies, enjoy some eggnog, spend time with friends and family, play pinball and watch Die Hard.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Yeah I am glad too, it’s been inspirational. Happy Holidays to you and your better half.

And to you as well!

#124 4 years ago

Ain't it funny that we see so much fellowship and camaraderie in a thread titled "Christmas bah humbug!!!!" I think it is pretty cool!

#125 4 years ago
EF45E1DB-9D11-4C69-9EFB-D88C57D164A3 (resized).jpegEF45E1DB-9D11-4C69-9EFB-D88C57D164A3 (resized).jpeg
#126 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I am not a bah-humbug, in fact I really like Christmas. I usually get what I want on Christmas; munch on cookies, enjoy some eggnog, spend time with friends and family, play pinball and watch Die Hard.

Yeah I went a little hard in the title. I too like Christmas and enjoy the season all together. We don’t do the gifts to each other just the kids. I also like A Christmas Story. My daughters said it was on all last year. Not sure about that but I find myself stopping on it a lot. Lol

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Ain't it funny that we see so much fellowship and camaraderie in a thread titled "Christmas bah humbug!!!!" I think it is pretty cool!

You’re right. Its been fun and I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s post.

#128 4 years ago

My fiancee has never seen this movie.

Based on a Christmas carol by Charles dickens.

I was going to show her scrooged with bill Murray she has seen the original so that first.

#129 4 years ago

Not sure if this was an omen for me the OP. But guess the title says it all. Yep that rights had to spend hours in the ER for my 22 year old daughter who got her arm pinned between two cars and broke her wrist. Now surgery and then physical therapy. At least she is right handed and it happens to be her left. Like I said. 2019 Merry Christmas bah humbug.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

2019 Merry Christmas bah humbug.

Well my friend. I for one hope your 2020 Christmas is a lot better !

LTG : )

#131 4 years ago

I think I am on the younger end of the spectrum here at 33. My wife and I always exchange gifts for eachother, but it was way more fun this year since my two year old has mastered the art of ripping open the gift wrap. And since most of my siblings and friends had babies at the same time, our house is a toddler warzone of wrapping paper, toys, clothes and a constant loop of Nightmare Before Christmas and Emmet Otters Jug Band Christmas.

Having to have a baby gate circling the whole tree is new hahaha. Its also fun watching my dad and grandma have a blast with the kids...

#132 4 years ago

My wife and i are super happy that everyone (except grand-niece) is now old enough that they don't want to do gift exchange. So we send the grand niece some great stuff and the time we save by not shopping we can spend together, do family things, and buy a Swords of Fury.

Lionman!

Happy Holidays,

Don C.

#133 4 years ago

A few years ago my friend from Palestine bust in my office in a sweat. " Phil, what is this music? My favorite radio station changed and started playing this weird music"
After laughing my ass off I explained it was just for the Christmas Season. He was genuinely shocked, till he understood the economic impacts.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I for one hope your 2020 Christmas is a lot better !

Thanks for the well wishes. Every Christmas I make it to is a better Christmas.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

My wife and i are super happy that everyone (except grand-niece) is now old enough that they don't want to do gift exchange.

That’s awesome to hear. The time spent together is way more valuable. Happy Holidays to your family.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

A few years ago my friend from Palestine

I’ve said it before different strokes for different folks. Happy Holidays to you. Thanks for sharing.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I’ve said it before different strokes for different folks. Happy Holidays to you. Thanks for sharing.

He celebrated Christmas by taking the family to Bethlehem. When he was transferred to our Plant as a guest Engineer he said he had never heard an American Christmas song.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

never heard an American Christmas song.

Most of wish we never did by Christmas. Lol

#139 4 years ago

True confession: I act like I hate Christmas music, but secretly I love finding things in the lyrics to complain about. I can find something in every inane song. I swear, I could write a standup routine around just that. Maybe I'll give it a whirl on open mike night at the local comedy club one of these years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/christmas-bah-humbug/page/3?hl=okayestpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.