(Topic ID: 233760)

Chopping Block 2019: What do you plan to sell/buy in 2019?

By chubtoad13

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 147 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Exeter
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 7.43.17 AM (resized).png
    There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

Down in wildwood crest, there was a bar/restaurant called “The Bayview.” It’s still there, but owned by new people with a new name.

They have a little arcade by the entrance that I used to spend hours in when I was younger (and only spend slightly fewer hours there now that I’m an adult). Only played the pinball machines there though.

The games they had there are crazy nostalgic to me, and I’ve been slowly trying to acquire the games I used to play there.

Really, the last one on my list is Junk Yard. I would love to have that game eventually.

#102 4 years ago

Need space ! Bought a couple pins I didn't plan on and have a couple I should let go. Need to sell at least one as I have one game at my son's apartment and he just bought a house...

Machine - For Sale
    Wheel of Fortune Archived
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO - Wheel of Fortune. Excellent Condition and Low plays. Nicest WOF I have seen. $4200 cash and carry. Will not ship. No Trades. I need space ! REDUCED $4100 Cash will buy it. ...”
    2019-05-20
    Grafton, WI
    Archived after: 6 days
    Viewed: 188 times

#103 4 years ago

I ended up selling lotr and bought Mbr. Neither were planned at the beginning of the year.

#104 4 years ago

Sold LOTR
    Bought Deadpool Pro
    Bought NASCAR.
    Traded TSPP for Aerosmith Pro

All this year. Whole new collection!

#105 4 years ago

Sold AS Pro (pending) and bought Munsters. Still waiting on Elvira 3. May keep Kiss.

Will probably sell Luci and possibly Iron Man.

#106 4 years ago

I sold my CFTBL to fund a Deadpool Pro. No regrets.

#107 4 years ago

Sold ripleys, rct, whirlwind, nightmare on elm street, t2, alien star, funhouse, poto, Potc, hardbody, raven, Harley (3), Star Wars trilogy, de Star Trek, super Mario, super Mario mushroom world, jp, Chicago Cubs (2), jd, rescue 911, Tom, afmr (3), wd pro, sopranos, teed off, ES and a few others..

I will have a Theatre of Magic and World Cup Soccer ‘94 listed soon. Both are projects.
    I have four Em’s . King Kool, Sing along, Dodge City ( this might be sold), and Tom Tom. Will trade for solid state machine(s).
    Also have a NIB Black knight pro for trade.

#108 4 years ago

Hot Shots.

Games are coming in faster than I have room.

#109 4 years ago

I am selling a very nice Abra Ca Dabra. PM for details ahead of official posting.

#110 4 years ago

Out: ACDC, Star Wars, BM66, Doctor Who
    In: ACNC, BKSOR, JJPOTC, Beatles

#111 4 years ago

I'm at the point where it's one-in-and-one-out, after years of shuffling the lineup (and removing furniture) in the gameroom to squeeze another game in.

That said, World Cup Soccer 94 is the first game to get the boot this year.

1 week later
    #112 4 years ago

One left to sell....

Waiting on and hoping for release of Elvira this year

#113 4 years ago

Machine - For Trade
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Seeing if there is any interest in a players Black Knight. Good: Game is fully working. 100% LED with Comet LEDs, non ghosting in the inserts. Boards are clean and all new rubbers...”
    2019-05-29
    Fairview Park, OH
    Trade
    Archived after: 7 days
    Viewed: 479 times
    Hoping to sell or trade a Black Knight, ideally for another System 11 along the lines of an F14.

#114 4 years ago

Out

TWD Prem
    NBA
    High Speed
    GB Prem

#115 4 years ago

Will do $4700 obo on Rob Zombie. See earlier post. This is in the greater Milwaukee, WI. area.

Easy load out of my son's apartment. Underground parking and elevator for very easy pick up.

#116 4 years ago

I finally sold my first machine (Tommy). I went from 0 - 15 before I sold one. Does that make me an hoarder?

Batman '66 Cat Woman Edition has been ordered.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Will do $4700 obo on Rob Zombie. See earlier post. This is in the greater Milwaukee, WI. area.
    Easy load out of my son's apartment. Underground parking and elevator for very easy pick up.

I didn’t intend this to be a for sale thread.

#118 4 years ago

Ok - I thought if you are selling there would be no harm in posting a link to an ad that you have listed in the market place.

I am planning to Sell/Buy in 2019 :

On the Chopping block - Rob Zombie.

Planning to buy - Elvira when it's released.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Down in wildwood crest, there was a bar/restaurant called “The Bayview.” It’s still there, but owned by new people with a new name.
    They have a little arcade by the entrance that I used to spend hours in when I was younger (and only spend slightly fewer hours there now that I’m an adult). Only played the pinball machines there though.
    The games they had there are crazy nostalgic to me, and I’ve been slowly trying to acquire the games I used to play there.
    Really, the last one on my list is Junk Yard. I would love to have that game eventually.

Junk Yard is an amazingly fun pin; definitely on my wish list.

#120 4 years ago

Hope to get rid of all these:
    Nip it, astro, lectronimo, wild fyre, laser ball, future spa, flash, Phoenix

#121 4 years ago

Was planning on keeping my DE Time Machine but a lot of people have been bugging me to sell. Might see what I can get on a trade.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Sold ripleys, rct, whirlwind, nightmare on elm street, t2, alien star, funhouse, poto, Potc, hardbody, raven, Harley (3), Star Wars trilogy, de Star Trek, super Mario, super Mario mushroom world, jp, Chicago Cubs (2), jd, rescue 911, Tom, afmr (3), wd pro, sopranos, teed off, ES and a few others..
    I will have a Theatre of Magic and World Cup Soccer ‘94 listed soon. Both are projects.
    I have four Em’s . King Kool, Sing along, Dodge City ( this might be sold), and Tom Tom. Will trade for solid state machine(s).
    Also have a NIB Black knight pro for trade.

Hello there, If you have either of the Mario Bros. Pins I would be interested.
    Respectfully ~Joey

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Hope to get rid of all these:
    Nip it, astro, lectronimo, wild fyre, laser ball, future spa, flash, Phoenix

Whoa. Good luck! That’s a lot of games to move.

#124 4 years ago

Not buying anything. I am paying more principal on my mortgage and laying low. Everything has gotten too expensive to justify. A global recession is imminent.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

Selling.....most likely the entire collection. Kids will be turning 16 next year. Cars, insurance and college not too far off. Might as well start preparing.

I feel your pain. I've got three turning 16 next year. Kids just finished their online courses for their permit today. My car insurance company is going to love me. I don't plan on selling any of my pins soon, though. Like to swap out Congo for a Funhouse this year.

#126 4 years ago

Going Out
    Metallica
    Taxi
    Harlem Globetrotters

Coming In
    Star Trek pro
    Fish Tales

#127 4 years ago

Selling a 1983 Super Chexx Bubble Hockey and maybe WC94. Buying a Medieval Madness, Oktoberfest, Houdini or a JJ.

#128 4 years ago

Hello: Deadpool LE
    LOTR
    Black Spider-Man
    MET

Goodbye: Tommy
    RS
    Slugfest
    MBr

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

Going Out
    Metallica
    Taxi
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Coming In
    Star Trek pro
    Fish Tales

Wish you were closer. All on my wish list

1 week later
    #130 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

On the block this year will be:
    BSD
    Demo Man
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Solar City
    Jumping Jack

Man, it’s half way through the year, and I totally missed on what I thought would be leaving.

Out:
    Tron
    LOTR
    The Solar City project game.

Plus RCT soon. The others I thought would leave are probably staying through the year. JJ finally runs right, so that will be staying for quite some time.

It’s funny how plans change over time.

#131 4 years ago

Beginning of the year I would of said nothing, March I was saying MMr. Now in June MMr just left and a DE Star Wars project arrived

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

Going Out
    Metallica
    Taxi
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Coming In
    Star Trek pro
    Fish Tales

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for that Harlem Globetrotters.

#133 4 years ago

Absolutely love early solid state games, but I went nuts and don't have room to expand. Something has to go eventually. The issue is when you are focused on getting exceptional condition games, they can be hard to find, and selling them requires some patience. Not everyone wants to pay a premium for nicer games.

Out: Seawitch, Elektra? Gorgar? Paragon?

In: Wonka. One more Stern this year that has yet to be released.

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Absolutely love early solid state games, but I went nuts and don't have room to expand. Something has to go eventually. The issue is when you are focused on getting exceptional condition games, they can be hard to find, and selling them requires some patience. Not everyone wants to pay a premium for nicer games.
    Out: Seawitch, Elektra? Gorgar? Paragon?
    In: Wonka. One more Stern this year that has yet to be released.

Hey Jason remember me? I might be your guy on those dusty Sterns and Ballys. Please let me know if you’re culling the herd as I’m looking for a game right in that era and am confident you have some nice ones. John.

#135 4 years ago

No change here yet. I expect over the next 5 or six months. Two going into storage and one returned to the person who sold it to me. Three coming in.

One other I would really like.

We'll see how the year goes.

LTG : )

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Hey Jason remember me? I might be your guy on those dusty Sterns and Ballys. Please let me know if you’re culling the herd as I’m looking for a game right in that era and am confident you have some nice ones. John.

Of course I remember you John. Good to hear from you again!

I will let you know when I start the process. The Seawitch may be off the table already. Possible pending deal. The others remain.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Of course I remember you John. Good to hear from you again!
    I will let you know when I start the process. The Seawitch may be off the table already. Possible pending deal. The others remain.

Awesome. Maybe I could come down and see a Cardinals game and check off that off the bucket list. Congrats on the Blues too man.

#138 4 years ago

Plan for IN:

Batman 66
    Deadpool pro

Not easy and sure what is the Plan for OUT. So here is list and one has to Go.

LOTR
    BOP 2.0
    WOZ ECLE

#139 4 years ago

Bally Transporter will go out to make space for Elvira 3!

#140 4 years ago

I’m about to sell my DeadPool Pro because I just made a deal to pick up a SW premium in the next couple weeks. Hope I don’t regret it.

#141 4 years ago

Sold 4 games in the last 2 weeks. Have a little more room to move around.

Gone are nip it, professional pinball, futurespa, Phoenix.

#142 4 years ago

Stalking the right TWDLE for awhile now...Seen a few good deals already w colored, topper....We shall see... patient for this one..

#143 4 years ago

Out the door so far this year:

MCI U-Boat
    Chicago Coin Shoot-Out

On the chopping block:

Williams Line Drive pitch & bat
    Midway Target Gallery
    Wiliams Deluxe World Series pitch & bat

New in the fold this year:

1957 Bally Circus - I feel pretty lucky to have found this game, and at less than $500.

Going to the surplus game sale at Pacific Pinball Museum next week. That could be trouble.

#144 4 years ago

Got too many and a few need to leave. Abra Cadabra, future spa and a game plan Pinball lizard. In northeast pa.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stalking the right TWDLE for awhile now...Seen a few good deals already w colored, topper....We shall see... patient for this one..

Great game for sure.
    Just a little heads up on the LE version and at least some early premiums that I’ve seen. The clear coat is SUPER thin. When I got mine I could see the decals on the inserts weren’t flush with the inserts because the clear was so thin.
    I checked other games and early runs looked similar. The later run premiums look fine.
    It doesn’t seem to cause the ball to travel differently or cause playfield wear, but it’s something to look for. It bothered me enough that I had HEP reclear my playfield.

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

Selling.....most likely the entire collection. Kids will be turning 16 next year. Cars, insurance and college not too far off. Might as well start preparing.

Have on of those heart-to-hearters with them and tell them.....

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 7.43.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-17 at 7.43.17 AM (resized).png

...to go get a job

#147 4 years ago

Out:
    Theatre of Magic
    Simpsons Pinball Party

In:
    Star Wars Pro
    Next Stern (maybe)

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chopping-block-2019-what-do-you-plan-on-selling-buying-/page/3?hl=dougpw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.