(Topic ID: 233760)

Chopping Block 2019: What do you plan to sell/buy in 2019?

By chubtoad13

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 147 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Exeter
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 7.43.17 AM (resized).png

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

I bought several TnAs that I plan to sell. May also sell my BBB if the right offer comes along.

#52 5 years ago

Chop: None. They're too expensive now to replace (focusing mainly on B/W here). With people trying to fetch $7000+ for TAF alone - nope. Keeping everything I buy.

Buying: For sure: MBr CE. Anything B/W used: I keep that info to myself and a very select few. I've noticed when games I want become public knowledge, the price tends to go a bit higher.

#53 5 years ago

Swords of Fury will probably be the game that goes this year. It will either be the game I sell at MGC or I would't mind trading it for a nice Diner or Medusa.

I would love to buy a MBr, but I don't have the space and just haven't been able to bring myself to spend that kind of dough on a pin yet... yet.

#54 5 years ago

Probably put these for sale in the next 3-6 months:
    Junkyard, Taf, Pabst Can Crusher, Mini Pool, Neptune, T2, 2xNBAFB (linked), Munsters (not my theme, but want to get it out of my system), Joker Poker, Lucky Hand, WW, Space Shuttle, TOM, Shadow, and maybe Goldstrike

I’m only looking to buy a beautiful Gottlieb Outer Space. Will pay premium for premium condition

#55 5 years ago

I'm good with what I have. 2018 I added lotr, sw and di. Sold aerosmith and st. Never thought I would sell st.

#56 5 years ago

I plan on selling:
    Spectrum
    Nugent
    Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Ali (maybe)

I plan on buying:
    Centaur
    Catacomb
    Skateball
    Congo

#57 5 years ago

Out: Attack From Mars Special Edition, Stern Star Trek,
    In (3 of the following): Jurassic Park, Hobbit, Star Trek TNG, Game of Thrones, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Munsters... and probably a mame machine

I have 2 pins looking to turn into a 3 pin lineup. Not looking to switch up until summer as both my pins are still new to me.

I also plan on leaving every pin that comes into my hands nicer than when I found it.

#58 5 years ago

Will probably sell/trade my MMr for potentially a Monster Bash SE. May also sell my Slugfest.

Would like to see what Deeproot comes up with as well as what is next from Jersey Jack. Would also like a Congo.

#59 5 years ago

In (maybe if stars align... one of the following, in priority order)
    CFTBL
    TAF
    TOTAN

...and I will be completing the restoration of my IJ

Nothing is leaving

#60 5 years ago

Not selling anything but will hopefully be picking up either deadpool or MBr.

Gotta finish spaceballs and get started on Rick & Morty and Supernatural.

#61 5 years ago

I’m already down to just the keepers. But something has to leave to bring in something new, and there are certainly interesting things coming up. When that happens, currently the most likely to leave:

ACDC Luci
    BM66
    WOZ ECLE

I really need to make a position for a non keeper, shorter term games for rotation sake.

#62 5 years ago

I really want to get my hands on a Batman '66.

#63 5 years ago

Out of my current line up, the only machine that I want to get rid of is a Gottlieb Spring Break, which is being stored in a large closet. Everything else is going to stay. I do not plan on getting anything else due to space limitations. Now that I am reading this post I can't believe how boring my pinball life is going to be. Maybe I will be able to fit one machine in the bathroom. The kitchen might also be a possibility......

#64 5 years ago

Oktoberfest
    Keeping an eye it for an earthshaker

As of now I have no plans to get rid of anything

#65 5 years ago

Out:
    Hobbit Smaug Gold
    ST:TNG
    CV with new Mirco playfield set

In:
    Willy Wonka
    WOZ
    NGG
    Robo War

#66 5 years ago

Buying Munsters Pro.

Might sell Gottlieb Bronco.

#67 5 years ago

Def gonna sell IMDN... Maybe SW.

Pick up a new Stern at some point, and hopefully a 80s Stern.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Buying Munsters Pro.
    Might sell Gottlieb Bronco.

Keep me in mind if you want to sell Bronco!

#69 5 years ago

My 75TH WOZ out , Its in market now....and Munsters Pro in.

#70 5 years ago

Would like to buy a nice Rollergames and a Xenon, I have a Xenon CPR pf that's getting impatient just sitting around. Always interested in any Sys11's that pop up too.

#71 5 years ago

2018 was a great year for acquisitions.

Out this year will be

HS 2
    Congo
    Flintstones
    TOTAN
    Corvette
    Medusa
    Space Station
    Transporter
    Centaur

Looking for

Big Game
    Ali
    Stars
    Galaxy
    Whirlwind
    Twister

#72 5 years ago

Already sold 2019
    Gorgar
    F14

Maybe Sell
    TOTAN

Buy
    Need to make more space...

#73 5 years ago

Williams IJ may go for either a MBr or possibly Munsters....

#74 5 years ago

Tough one. Budget dictates if I want something new (which I always do, LOL), something has to go. I'm to the point where I really love them all, so it would be a tough sale. I have a couple that are spoken for if I would decide to move them out, so we will see what happens. I really like POTC, but the price is a big factor. Beatles looks great and hits major nostalgia notes for me, but again I struggle with the price for what you get. Munsters seems to be hitting a sweet spot in my personal cost vs value opinion. Great theme, amazing art (especially the premium), and the gameplay appears to be right up my alley. At this moment that's the top of my want list (though there are definitely others!). Whether that want will overtake my attachment to my current collection remains to be seen. Wish I was in a position to keep them all and still get the new shiny!

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I bought several TnAs that I plan to sell. May also sell my BBB if the right offer comes along.

What range would you be looking for and what number is yours? I have someone that might be interested.

#76 5 years ago

Selling:
    Mystery Castle (plus tons of extra parts)
    Hook

Buying:
    MBR LE
    Munsters prem
    Elvira 3

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

What range would you be looking for and what number is yours? I have someone that might be interested.

Games are about to ship to Europe, so it would help if you would be located there 470 and 510 are available, still new in box. Pricing will be determined by shipping expenses to get them in Europe.

#78 5 years ago

Selling hobbit to buy either AFMr or MBr. Also hoping to buy WOZ this year and who knows what else.

#79 5 years ago

Already sold a Sopranos this year.
    I may sell my Data East Star Wars

Hoping to find a Guns n Roses for a price below the insanity on Pinside lately. Praying that Deep Root does a good job with Back to the Future....day one purchase for me there.

#80 5 years ago

I’d like to move 1 game out, I have room only for 4 or 5 so I’d have to move my JackBot. Id like a Junkyard, or maybe a Whirlwind. Maybe someone wants to trade at some point from my marketplace ad.

#81 5 years ago

Soon to be listed for sale/trade: Rob Zombie, Laser War and Wheel of Fortune

Looking to add: anything on my wishlist or probably dozens of others. Really enjoying pre-DMD these days

#82 5 years ago

nothing leaving that I know of, looking to add in 2019 Alien Star, Firepower and maybe Taxi for a token ramp game.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Games are about to ship to Europe, so it would help if you would be located there 470 and 510 are available, still new in box. Pricing will be determined by shipping expenses to get them in Europe.

I believe he was referring to the BBB

#84 5 years ago

Sadly to say I'm out of room. Looks like Data East Simpsons and Strange Science will go. And they're very nice. Boo

#85 5 years ago

I'm at one in one out. I do have one last open space for a Munsters. My quandary is I have my eye on at least one other new game right now, so Transformers LE Autobots will need to go to make room for another new game.

#86 5 years ago

I only really have room for 4. Pretty set on picking up an Iron Maiden pro.. unfortunately it might be iron man that goes.

#87 5 years ago

I only have room for one machine. I bought a beautiful TAF as a temporary game while waiting for jjp4 to be announced and released. I think I'll hold onto it until jjp5 is announced and then sadly have to sell it to get either potc or jjp5. I know I'll miss the TAF (made even nicer with pinstadium) but something with a deep ruleset is probably better for a single game house.

#88 5 years ago

Probably sell LW3, strikes and spares along with Diner after I finish its repairs.

Not sure if I want to spring for a stern mustang or something like jackbot and a Sys 11.

#89 5 years ago

Planning to bid adieu to LOTR this year. Negotiating a replacement with the Mrs.

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Planning to bid adieu to LOTR this year. Negotiating a replacement with the Mrs.

Determine what she needs/wants first and buy it for her. Your chances of acquiring an additional pin will have climbed significantly.

3 months later
    #91 4 years ago

Thought I would check this thread to see how the predictions were going. It looks like some of you have already bought and sold what you thought you would.

So far I haven’t sold anything. I added a Stars and a MAME machine.

That might be it for me this year. I’m maxed out for space right now.

#92 4 years ago

So far in 2019:

Sold - rebuilt FH
    Traded: TAF for The Hobbit
    Purchased: South Park

Would love to add WOZecle, AFMr, MMr, or possibly Wonka (after pins get to customers and owner reviews come in). I think TNA might find it’s way into my collection if the price / timing is right.

#93 4 years ago

So far for me in 2019 i have sold my Gay 90's and have my Ghostbusters up for trade. On the chopping block i plan to get rid of my Gottlieb James Bond and Stern Dracula.
    In 2019 i have added Alice Cooper, Black Knight sword of rage, Tron, Star Trek, Nugent, Knockout, and a project Monday Night Football to my colletion.
    The only other games i am hoping to add during the year are Stern 24 and Willy Wonka.

#94 4 years ago

I'm having a crisis. Picked up a Williams IJ a month ago, it' still in the garage. Have had my Strikes and Spares torn down since last fall for an overlay install. Have a hardtop ready to install on EK. And am losing interest in the hobby in general. For the first time in 10 years, I didnt participate in the last season of my local pinball league. I think i'm just getting overwhelmed, too many games to take care of/keep running properly. I'd like to whittle it down to about 6 games again. With all the games available on location now, do i really need 2 dozen of them? Probably not. Maybe it has to do with getting older and wanting to downsize/simplify.

#95 4 years ago

I will be selling my Avatar LE as soon as I get it "Top-Shopped"...waiting on an order from Titan. I will also be selling my Phantom of the Opera after I fix a light issue.

#96 4 years ago

Eyeing up DP Prem and ACNC. If something has to leave from the collection, it would be MMr.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I'm having a crisis. Picked up a Williams IJ a month ago, it' still in the garage. Have had my Strikes and Spares torn down since last fall for an overlay install. Have a hardtop ready to install on EK. And am losing interest in the hobby in general. For the first time in 10 years, I didnt participate in the last season of my local pinball league. I think i'm just getting overwhelmed, too many games to take care of/keep running properly. I'd like to whittle it down to about 6 games again. With all the games available on location now, do i really need 2 dozen of them? Probably not. Maybe it has to do with getting older and wanting to downsize/simplify.

22 games is A LOT! Maybe a little downsizing and ditching the projects would take some stress off and help you enjoy the hobby again.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I want to go down to 8-10 pins plus usa football this year.
    So will get rid of the following at some point.
    De star wars
    Dr. Dude
    Al's garage band goes on wod tour
    Punchy the clown
    Breakshot
    Maybe Amh, it is being shipped and ive never played it.
    Goal is to sell/trade for somr higher end stuff so id like to get.
    Hobbit smaug edition
    Lotr le
    Acnc
    A nicer mystery castle
    Gb le
    Houdini

SW, Dude, 24, AGBGOWT, Punchy, Breakshot have all left. I hit my goal of 8 pins plus usa football.

LOTR left as well as my spare radical to get Alien. I did get a houdini.

At this point I think I'd like to let houdini go and maybe 2 others to get a big lebowski.

#99 4 years ago

So far traded Congo for Breakshot, Genie and cash.

Bought BKSOR pro, Elektra.

Sold BKSOR pro, Genie, Breakshot, and Elektra.
    Still waiting on the guy to pick up breakshot, It's been a couple of weeks already.
    No plans for anything else yet, well maybe a Tron

#100 4 years ago

Selling.....most likely the entire collection. Kids will be turning 16 next year. Cars, insurance and college not too far off. Might as well start preparing.

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chopping-block-2019-what-do-you-plan-on-selling-buying-/page/2?hl=jerryuop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.