5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jar155
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

29355077_1610802172321191_3923748015918083357_o (resized).jpg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Update 2: Final round of voting is open, details in the latest post at the bottom. Thanks!

Update: The first face on Pinball's Mount Rushmore, which is looking like it will be called (based on votes) Mount Plungemore, is Steve Kordek. If you're not familiar with Steve's work, well, you are, you just didn't know it was Steve. We're still taking votes to decide faces 2 through 4, so feel free to continue to vote. Thanks for all who have contributed so far!

So this is a silly little (and hopefully fun) thing we're doing. We would like to leverage the community to find out who belongs on the Mount Rushmore of Pinball (and we'd like to come up with a good name for that too).

Here's how it works.

We have a Google Survey doc (https://goo.gl/forms/wtIQlK3CA3WvtWlA3) that you can list up to 5 people, in order of preference. Your votes are weighted by order. From the votes gathered, it will determine our final pool of candidates. We'll select two on our podcast by the next episode (about 2 weeks from now), we'll pick the 3rd with additional community input on the following episode, and the fourth will be picked/revealed at our live show at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. The community voting will determine our candidate pool and selections.

After it's all sorted out, we'll work with an artist to create a print, t-shirt, and possibly some other swag. We'll give away some of that swag, and sell some. Proceeds from the sales will go to pinball-related charities, such as Pinball Outreach Project, Project Pinball, etc. We'll keep Pinside updated with results and any announcements, so you don't have to listen to our podcast to stay plugged into the process. We're not trying to own this, just to get it going.

Anyway, we would appreciate the input! We've already seen a good number of responses, but would love to have more. Here's the link: https://goo.gl/forms/wtIQlK3CA3WvtWlA3

Really think about who deserves to be there, when you narrow it to five selections, it really gets hard! Do you go with founding fathers (Williams, Gottlieb, etc.), or do you go with legendary designers (Mabs, Kordek, Neyens, Ritchie, Lawlor, etc.)? Maybe you give Gary a nod for keeping pinball alive, or you spotlight community members that have helped others learn and love pinball (Clay, LTG, etc.).

Have fun with it!

#2 5 years ago

RockMakers?

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago

Heard you discussing this on your Podcast Jeff and all I could think of is how can you fairly single out ONLY four individuals within the ENTIRE history of the hobby? It's tough enough already if you try picking four within each major category (designers, artists, manufacturers, players, etc.). Seems like a lot of equally deserving folks will end up being left out.

Made me think how much easier it would be to come up with four nominees for a "Mount Flushmore". I'm holding on that though pending actually receiving my TBL or not.

#4 5 years ago

LTG : )

29355077_1610802172321191_3923748015918083357_o (resized).jpg29355077_1610802172321191_3923748015918083357_o (resized).jpg

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Heard you discussing this on your Podcast Jeff and all I could think of is how can you fairly single out ONLY four individuals within the ENTIRE history of the hobby? It's tough enough already if you try picking four within each major category (designers, artists, manufacturers, players, etc.). Seems like a lot of equally deserving folks will end up being left out.
    Made me think how much easier it would be to come up with four nominees for a "Mount Flushmore". I'm holding on that though pending actually receiving my TBL or not.

I've been getting in fights with myself all day trying to say who would be deserving. I think that's a really cool problem to have though, pinball has produced some fantastic individuals.

1 week later
    #6 5 years ago

Quick bump for any additional votes. We're going to be recording again soon and want to let you have a chance to vote if you haven't yet. The response has been awesome, thanks guys!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

So this is a silly little (and hopefully fun) thing we're doing. We would like to leverage the community to find out who belongs on the Mount Rushmore of Pinball

Shame on you for trying to have fun in this hobby.

Kidding aside, I voted. Thanks for taking the time to set this up!

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Shame on you for trying to have fun in this hobby.

I have so many things to be ashamed of, so what's one more thing to add to the pile at this point?

1 week later
    #9 5 years ago

The first face has been selected, and we would like to welcome Steve Kordek to the pinball pantheon. Based on your votes, it's looking like this will be named Mount Plungemore, but votes are still coming in with new suggestions. Feel free to vote for more name inclusions (link in the OP) if you haven't already.

Thanks for the help so far!

2 weeks later
    #10 5 years ago

Ok, final round of voting is up. Link to vote is here: https://goo.gl/forms/2UX3LXhz0g6dgXwE2

So far we have:

- Steve Kordek
    - Harry Williams
    - Lyman Sheats, Jr.

We have one more name to go. The final choice will be selected from David Gottlieb, Gary Stern, Bowen Kerins, Roger Sharpe, and a pinball character (AFM Alien, Rudy, Elvira, etc.). Final selection will be chosen tomorrow night at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown.

Final name is also Mount Plungemore, based on winning the popular vote.

You guys have come through big time on this. I never expected so many votes. I hope it's been fun.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choosing-the-mount-rushmore-of-pinball-need-your-votes?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.