4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi everyone:

Would like some opinions if I may. Trying to decide on which pin(s) to keep. I have the three following titles in various stages:

Williams Pharaoh: this game is complete but has some playfield wear. Backglass is in great shape, cabinet is decent, but I have never powered it up or played it. Thoughts on this game?

Williams Gorgar: Shopped, some wear on playfield, plays beautifully. Plastics and backglass are fair as well. Cabinet easily restorable. I know CPR is taking orders for playfields. Keeper?

Williams Black Knight (original). I have NOS fields, NOS plastics, repro backglass. Cabinet needs attention. Otherwise plays great.

If you could choose ONE, or TWO, which would you choose? Tough decision for me, at least one must go. Thanks!

Chris

#2 4 years ago

I might be crazy, but why not play all three and keep the one that you like playing the most? Who cares what others think you should like?

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I might be crazy, but why not play all three and keep the one that you like playing the most? Who cares what others think you should like?

Agree. Marie Kondo those pins.

#4 4 years ago

Your opinion is the only one that matters keep to one you like the most .

Quoted from TopMoose:

Agree. Marie Kondo those pins.

Why do I feel " dirty " because I know who Marie kondo is .

#5 4 years ago

Possibly sell all three and pick up a modern stern? TWD or ST pro come to mind. WPT and RCT are also great games with lots of replay value. Owning a Pharaoh and BK is kind of redundant. I have owned all of these games. To be honest I think Pharaoh is the best of the 3 but doesn't really leave you coming back for more.

#6 4 years ago

Keep All if space allows. I have 3 Williams of that era and they remain my favorites. Which one has you coming back most often?

#7 4 years ago

Thanks all, was primarily looking for opinions. I've decided to go ahead and restore BK and Pharaoh, and quite possibly let Gorgar go if my potential buyer comes forward this weekend. I have never had the opportunity to play Pharaoh so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I like the classics, sincerely have little interest in more modern offerings, especially at their price, though obviously they are far deeper. Cheers all!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisM:

sincerely have little interest in more modern offerings

Nothing to be ashamed of. They tend to bore the hell out of me. And can't for the life of me figure out where they come up with some of the themes.

All three are good players. You made a good call.

Although I have quite a history with Williams, especially BK and Gorgar, I have sort of migrated to some of the classic Ballys and Sterns from the same era. BK just got too darn easy after a while.

Plenty of good ones from all three.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choosing-classic-williams-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.