Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Collin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bubbatom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey there guys!

Just looking for an opinion on which machine to buy out of a White Water, a Johnny Mnemonic and a Judge Dredd.

Prices (these are Australian):

White Water - $3000
Johnny Mnemonic - $2800
Judge Dredd - $2800

On top of each of these, I will have to pay around $500 for freight as they are from interstate. I know, a little painful, but these machines are priced fairly for Aus.
The Johnny Mnemonic and Judge Dredd machines are in good nick apart from a few small cosmetic issues.

The White Water on the other hand has a bit of wear and tear and possibly one or two switch issues. The pin has been on location and will most likely be a little dirty, though nothing I can't handle. My biggest issue is that it's missing the topper. The topper is pretty wicked on a White Water but I can't see myself forking out ~$300 for a piece of artwork inside a plastic case.

Just wondering what you guys reckon? I am leaning towards the White Water as it's a fun, rarer, great-playing game. But let me know what you think!

Cheers, Tom

#10 9 years ago

Cheers for the opinions guys!

I'm actually surprised there isn't as much support for the WH20. I can't really decide just yet as I'm waiting on some photos for the WH20. I have some, but waiting for cabinet pics so I can get an idea of how faded it is.

Judge Dredd was on the top of my list before I enquired, though I didn't expect to have a WH20 and a JM offered to me as well as I thought they were fairly rare in Australia. Yeah, I'm going to wait for those photos.

The WH20 and JD freight would be from Wollongong to Adelaide. The JM would be from Brisbane to Adelaide. If any Aussies here have any clue about freight, the best price, the best quality, please let me know!

Cheers, Tom

#13 9 years ago

I'd love two machines! Can't afford it though, sadly. They all seem like fairly decent games, and I won't be surprised if I do end up owning each at some stage once school's over and the money starts rolling in!

I am an AA member.
Had a chat with prowler and apparently he's all full this month anyway. He seems like a really nice guy, doing everyone big favours!

#17 9 years ago

Depot to depot sounds like the go!

Sent you a PM over on AA Wamprat!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

with that kind of voyage across the sea I'd imagine no pin would show up without issues.

Don't worry! It's not coming from over seas, just interstate. Still costs a fortune, I know. I think I'm onto one freight company offering around $300 which isn't so bad.

I've narrowed my options down to WH20 and JD.

While I'm here, why the hell is White Water abbreviated to WH20? I understand that Whirlwind has the WW abbreviation, but why add the 20 to WH20?

Cheers, Tom

#40 9 years ago

Ah! Cheers pinballholder!
That makes sense now that you've pointed it out!

#42 9 years ago

Nah, two different guys, same city.

I've actually passed on both now! I received some pics of the cabinet and the inside of the WW and decided it's just too much work, along with my last year of highschool.

I'm onto a local guy that reckons he can get me almost any machine I want (except for a Congo, lol), in exchange for my Black Rose. I'm considering a Roadshow!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 29.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bubbatom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choosing-between-a-ww-a-jm-and-a-jd?tu=Bubbatom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.