Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RC.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 11 years ago

Wow, I wonder if people have played nice clean shopped out dialed in versions of the games they profess hatred for...makes a huge difference. So does having the volume up. For instance, I didn't think much of Elvis on route...always broken in some way or another, weak flippers, low sound. When I had it at home it was a blast. Anyway...

24 - Worst art and sound on a modern game EVER kill it.
    Indiana Jones - Most boring game out of Stern ever...ark is cool once.
    Striker Xtreme - Bleh.
    Transformers - Over it.
    World Poker Tour - I don't understand Poker...so I concede if you like Poker, this is probably a good game.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

No offense Rarehero towards FG the franchise, as I recall you may have a role in it - fun series. The pin I've played nice clean version, fully working and I just can't get into the design. The sounds are fun but the game is a borefest. Mini stewie pinball is clever but one and done.

Agree to disagree...yes, I work on the show...but if anything that should tell you the LAST thing I wanna do is listen to more FG banter...I'm over it...lol. So, I'm just looking at the game from a design/rules standpoint and I still LOVE it 5 years after it came out. I'm generally a Lawlor fan, so I like his designs - TAF, RS, NGG, FH...and FG is up there w/ his best. Great combos, satisfying setup and rewards, pretty deep rules (I still can't reach Sperm Attack), and Stewie Mini is more than people give it credit for...it's one of the most interesting ways to start a Multiball...and then you have to play both fields during Mutiball, alternating character Jackpots (Lois on the mini, Lois on the main, etc). Great stuff.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nekojin:

Just curious - what is it that players dislike about the Playboy pin, other than the theme? I played it recently, and enjoyed it overall.

Yeah, it's decent enough...the usual Gomez layout like Sopranos, LOTR, etc. Maybe people are offended? It always seemed pretty easy, maybe a bit boring...but not "bad" by any means.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is the kind of attitude that bugs me. If you like a game fine, if you don't like it fine, but not being able to believe that people do not like the games you like shouldn't be shocking. Even to the point that people must just be making opinions up without playing.

I think there's a partial truth to it, though. Many Stern games haven't been out on location, or if they ARE on location they can be poorly maintained. It's pretty tough to find a game in the right shape to have a good experience on it. So, there's that....and then there are games like Stones that people just ASSUME suck, because it's so simplistic and has a cheap plastic Mick moving around for no reason....I thought it sucked before I played it - I get the instinct to say a game like that sucks. ....but then I played it at a good location,clean, sound blasting, it's f*cking FUN. I wouldn't mind owning a Stones at some point. It's not a Top 5 but I wouldn't put it in a "worst" list by any stretch.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Here's the vote count so far.....
    TRS 16

Sweet...maybe I'll be able to buy one for 2k or something if everyone hates it, lol

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

That is surprising that TRS is #1. I wonder how many of those people have actually played it or played more than a couple games on one. Sure, it is no Picasso, but the worst Stern ever made?

Uh...um..yes, it's uh...TERRIBLE...yeah....the worst! Uh huh....so - anyone who wants to get rid of their crappy, embarrassing TRS...I will give you $1000 out of sympathy and take it off your hands .

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Copy cat that's my list. Wait for it....wait for it....Rarehero will give me a thumbs down.

You love it

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

No, I'm just suggesting that there is more bias on current games than those from a decade ago. I don't think 10 years from now The Rolling Stones will be considered Stern's worst game of all time.

I think a lot of it has to do with prices rising & and mechanical features dropping. The new games aren't mechanical marvels by any means, and I empathize with those who resent it. That being said, fun is fun - and I've found many of the "simpler" Stern games to be really fun in the way Getaway, BSD or other "fast and non-deep" games are fun.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

You WOF haters are crazy. Or more likely, haven't played it and just hate on it for the theme?

It's just that it's the most notorious unfinished game...and for that, it gets shunned. What's there is actually pretty good. Super unique layout, love the inline drops that reveal the half-pipe ramp. Love the wheel. Even though I feel pretty positively about the game, the unfinished code did grate on me to the point where I felt compelled to sell it....I preferred to have a complete game in that spot in my gameroom.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choose-stern-pinball-worst-top-5-machines-made?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.