Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Looking at buying another pinball machine and I want a fun cartoon theme. I have narrowed my choices to South Park or Family guy. I have played neither and have only watched gameplay videos. Just looking for the opinions of others that have played both and what they prefer to help me make up my mind.

#2 5 years ago

Family Guy hands down.

#3 5 years ago

Family Guy.....not even close!!

#4 5 years ago

There is a $1500 or more price difference, but I’d go Family Guy

#5 5 years ago

Family Guy for sure.!!

#6 5 years ago

You're at 2 different price points. It's not a really a fair comparison... FG is the better game. I'm a huge SP fan and a pretty strong FG fan but FG takes the cake easily.

BUT I'd encourage you to buy 2 pins rather than 1 FG.

If you're space limited to 1 pin do NOT do SP. It's not a 1 pin collection game. It's fun and everyone that walks in will want to play it, BUT it's stupidly boring. With that being said, I'd buy an SP again in 2 seconds. It's just easy and I like the callouts cause they are all "old" SP from the earliest seasons

#7 5 years ago

Family Guy .

#8 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I am guessing South Park is more dated and has less depth to the rules. It also seems to be and easier game.
I think I will go with Family Guy. I'm getting a pretty good deal on FG, both are HUO, but my space is getting limited as much as I would like to take them both.

#9 5 years ago

Family Guy by a mile. South Park gets old fast in a home environment.

#10 5 years ago

Frankly I would look for a Shrek. Southpark is a great theme but very poorly done otherwise I would take it hands down.

#11 5 years ago

Family Guy between those two

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Thanks guys. I am guessing South Park is more dated and has less depth to the rules. It also seems to be and easier game.
I think I will go with Family Guy. I'm getting a pretty good deal on FG, both are HUO, but my space is getting limited as much as I would like to take them both.

If the South Park is truly HUO they are very hard to find in top condition, it’s fairly easy to find a HUO Family Guy since it’s a lot newer than SP.
FG is the better game but if you are interested in SP it’s tough to find HUO.

#13 5 years ago

Neither. But if you must buy one, then FG is the less sucky.

#14 5 years ago

To route: South Park

To keep: Family Guy

#15 5 years ago

family guy for sure. fart sounds when hitting flippers buttons in attract mode makes it so hard to get rid of

#16 5 years ago

Family Guy both hands down.

#17 5 years ago

Family Guy!

Great rules
Great call outs
Great challenge
Super Fun
AND big scores if you stack the modes.

faz

#18 5 years ago

South Park is one of the only games I've walked away from with credits still on the game. Good theme, but not a great table.

#19 5 years ago

I like both games but I like south park more I Know i am probably the only person that will vote for it. The only thing I don't like about family Guy I feel like it's too grindy I have played games over an hour just shooting spinner and then start my mode. South park is also a lot cheaper than family Guy.

#20 5 years ago

SP is really one of the worst games ever IMO. Its neat and funny for about a day. I had a one owner perfect example and couldnt not get rid of it fast enough. That being said I got 4k for it years ago.

FG is a fantastic game with original layout and great code. Its also SAM and IMO the best system ever made,

#21 5 years ago

At least with FG you can essentially have 2 games in one. Grab a thumb drive and load Shrek.

#22 5 years ago

What about other comic/cartoon games? Like Tales from the Crypt?

#23 5 years ago

I’d go South Park it’s fun to shoot. Family Guy is not a good shooter.

#24 5 years ago

Family Guy have some stuff I'm not a huge fan of. Lots of people don't like Stevie pinball but I don't mind it. It can be a little childish even if you like the show as well.

South Park on the other hand is one of the worst pinball machines ever manufactured anywhere in the word at anytime.
Ever.

#25 5 years ago

You buy a South Park because you're a die hard fan of the show.
You buy a Family Guy because you want to play pinball.

#26 5 years ago

south park is prob the biggest turd dmd ever made!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choose-between-south-park-or-family-guy?hl=mark66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.