Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

amy (resized).jpg
    Big Guns (resized).jpg
    A04E9F4E-9C3D-490B-918F-4FEF1B4C08CD (resized).jpeg
    D3FCAE99-47C0-462E-8AB0-4CD8B79F7B17 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 4 years ago

Let me just jump in as I (and @Forceflow) live roughly a half hour from Schenectady. Firstly I’d suggest buying your son a Kevlar vest because Schenectady is still a DUMP. The college is probably the only decent thing left in that city. Pinball machine’ll be stolen in the first week. Hub cabs missing in the first 30 minutes when you drop him off.

Now moving on from how much I can’t stand that city, there is essentially ZERO LOCATION pinball here in Upstate NY. herbertbsharp just put some games in Troy, but unless your son wants to joyride to the beer gardens, he’s SOL.

Being college age (but working full time since I need $$$ for pinball) I can assure all the older generations that owning pinball machines has been popular for literally all my friends except my GF, which is expect.
    About the 3rd or 4th time you drag them on a road trip for a game they start hating it, lol.
    If you have a standup arcade or pinball machine people think that’s badass. Fake Nostalgia is HOT right now, with everyone born from the late 90’s onwards fondly remembering on the golden age that they weren’t even alive for.

Go for it. I’d say let the kid pick something out of the reasonable options. Definitely pick an easy, multiball game.
    He’s gonna wanna get his buddies into pinball, and the only way is to have a game that’s accessible for new players.

When new people play and get their ass kicked it discourages them. If it’s a harder game I try to setup a multiball and then humbly pass on my turn to a newer player if they get the MB started then they usually wanna play a few more games after.

I wish you and your son the best of luck, sounds like it’ll be a badass dorm either way! Be sure to give me a shout so I can come play some pinball too! :b

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choose-a-pin-to-send-to-send-off-with-my-son-when-he-goes-to-college-?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.