DSCF1282.JPG
DSCF1281.JPG
DSCF1280.JPG
DSCF1279.JPG
Seinfeld_not_anything_wrong_small.jpg
shooter_mcgavin.jpeg
inbeforethelockkitten.jpg
9.jpg
There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

My 2 cents. If you know of someone out there screwing people and you don't make it known who they are, you are just as bad as they are.

That is a load of shit but nice try at bullying him into giving up info you want. There are plenty of good reasons not to out someone.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

My 2 cents. If you know of someone out there screwing people and you don't make it known who they are, you are just as bad as they are.

Fair enough - but that's the key isn't it? "Screwing" means different things to different people....

#153 10 years ago

Yah, I'm a real dick and a bully for wanting people to out bad sellers. What? I stand by my statement, but yes I do unserstand that there are times where it is more complicated than just outing someone.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is a load of shit but nice try at bullying him into giving up info you want. There are plenty of good reasons not to out someone.

You said burned, I said screwed, what's the difference. Here is what you did. You said they were "reputable" and you gave their state. There aren't too many major restorers in FL, so right away I think I know who you're talking about, but maybe not. You are possibly damaging reputations of good people by making a comment like that, and hiding bad ones.

Quoted from Methos:

Fair enough - but that's the key isn't it? "Screwing" means different things to different people....

#154 10 years ago

Jalpert, if you could start putting the quote above your responses that would be great

#155 10 years ago

Guessing he is posting from a phone...

Quoted from Erik:

Jalpert, if you could start putting the quote above your responses that would be great

Quoted from Erik:

Is this better?... LOL

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You said burned, I said screwed, what's the difference. Here is what you did. You said they were "reputable" and you gave their state. There aren't too many major restorers in FL, so right away I think I know who you're talking about, but maybe not. You are possibly damaging reputations of good people by making a comment like that, and hiding bad ones.

You do have a point....

See - the thing was I bought the machine sight unseen. When a problem developed, I had to take their word...and that was ulitmatley my error. I trusted a stranger and was burned - but could I prove it in a court of law? No - I had no real defense, for I should have known better. "Caveat emptor".

It is apparent you think otherwise, - so we'll have to agree to disagree or you can win - whatever you prefer.

#157 10 years ago

Really?

Quoted from Erik:

I thought responses above flowed better.

Nah. You can "win"

Quoted from Methos:

It is apparent you think otherwise, - so we'll have to agree to disagree or you can win - whatever you prefer.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

Why do all these flippers keep popping up by me? Got one in Flint, and now some in Bay City. Definitely turned into buyer beware in mid-Michigan.

Part of it is the economy, they are everywhere now.
Most of them don't know anything about repair and couldn't fix a game if they wanted to.
The games are just a commodity, buy low and sell high.

#159 10 years ago

Wow... hoggard has some explaining to do.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I thought responses above flowed better.

from a reader's perspective, it's easier to instantly see what you're replying to if the response is underneath. the way you do it, I read your comment, say to myself "who's he talking to...?" then see the quoted post below it. it helps to have the context of your comment up front before reading it. just my opinion. no offense intended.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Wow... *hoggard has some explaining to do.

SP - *Hogwarts

43568825.jpg43568825.jpg

#162 10 years ago

Would just like everybody to know that Choggard refunded me $425 which was the cost of board and approx. Labor charge I would think. Something is better than nothing. If anybody can find me a NEAR MINT Backglass for the Blackout I would greatly appreciate it. I don't know all the resources out there for this kind of thing.

Off Topic: Just came home after spending a couple of hours at the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ. It was great being able to try out games before spending thousands on them and finding out you really don't care for it. I definitely need Collector Quality games for FLASH + CENTAUR...I loved those. Not sure what all the Fuss and High Marks for XENON is thou...Didn't do anything for me. The place was loaded with pins for fans of ANY particular genre. Thought I would be disappointed with their selection of Late 70's - Early 80's Bally/Williams titles. I wasn't. Got to play WOZ for the first time too...NO Waiting!!! Cant wait till my next trip. Best $15 I have spent in a LONG time. (6 Hours for $15)

Only thing that pissed me off is that the MEDUSA they had there plays so much better than mine. I saw lights I didn't even know my machine had!! LOL

#163 10 years ago

Perhaps post a new thread about his refund? It's pretty nice he did that. Shows class I think ... and taking some responsibility.

#164 10 years ago

Good form on the refund. It's a shame there had to be so much dirty laundry to pick through to get to a happy conclusion, but hey, actions speak louder than words.

Hopefully this thread can act as a crash course in the bumps and challenges that one can run into when buying pins site-unseen, and to help educate first time buyers.

I'm glad this issue was resolved. For all parties.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Would just like everybody to know that Choggard refunded me $425 which was the cost of board and approx. Labor charge I would think. Something is better than nothing. If anybody can find me a NEAR MINT Backglass for the Blackout I would greatly appreciate it. I don't know all the resources out there for this kind of thing.
Off Topic: Just came home after spending a couple of hours at the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ. It was great being able to try out games before spending thousands on them and finding out you really don't care for it. I definitely need Collector Quality games for FLASH + CENTAUR...I loved those. Not sure what all the Fuss and High Marks for XENON is thou...Didn't do anything for me. The place was loaded with pins for fans of ANY particular genre. Thought I would be disappointed with their selection of Late 70's - Early 80's Bally/Williams titles. I wasn't. Got to play WOZ for the first time too...NO Waiting!!! Cant wait till my next trip. Best $15 I have spent in a LONG time. (6 Hours for $15)
Only thing that pissed me off is that the MEDUSA they had there plays so much better than mine. I saw lights I didn't even know my machine had!! LOL

Glad to hear you guys worked something out, even if it took a ton of drama to do it. Sorry your first machine purchase had to be so rough. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out and this doesn't jade you too much on the hobby!

If you do find a perfect backglass for your machine, please keep me in mind for your old one. It's about 5 million times better than mine is. Mine was missing a huge section of paint right in the middle and a previous owner figured the best way to touch it up was with black spray paint so the lights didn't shine through. I didn't even know the guy was supposed to have a hand until I saw a picture of a good one...LOL! Mine is a beater of beaters, but still one of my favorite games. I hope once the sting of this deal fades that your machine can give you years of amusement!

#166 10 years ago

Would just like everybody to know that Choggard refunded me $425 which was the cost of board and approx. Labor charge

Well played Choggs!

#167 10 years ago

FINALLY ITS OVER!! Thumbs Up

#168 10 years ago

Glad to hear things were made partially right!

...I still think he owes you a backglass, since he didn't secure stuff in the backbox properly.

#169 10 years ago

Good timing as I just finished the last of my popcorn,....

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

You don't like reading the script?
"The Choggard Chronicles".
"The story of a young man trying to make his way in a brutal world, the world that some call "Flipping".
"Even when he thinks he's out, they pull him back in!"
"Can he escape the clutches of the ruthless law that is known as "The Price Police".
"Can he make it a better world by doing the right thing? Or turn his back on society, a society that made him do unimaginable horrors!"
"Can he save his family in time, before the next Craigslist Killer deal pops up, making him cringe with gut wrenching pain at the potential to make hundreds!" "One last deal, then I'm out for good!"
"Will he be banned to a world of Blackout, one filled with Dungeons and Dragons, and no way out as the last Taxi from hell already left!"
Coming to an I-Max near you fall 2014.

Awesome lol..crossing middle fingers at Oscar time...

#171 10 years ago

Had I been on the page longer I am sure I would have been able to weed out the good sellers from the Used Car Salesman ones

Used car salesman here, this hurts a bit. (Trust me ... bad car salesman are a thing of the past with internet now)
Sorry to hijack, carry on pinballers.

#172 10 years ago

Kinda like horse trading. The 18 year old mare you rode trotted just fine before you you bought it. You got it home and the sucker is lame. The seller knew the mare was lame sometimes, but genuinely hoped the lameness would go away. (As problems sometimes do.) Both parties are somewhat right and somewhat wrong. What the parties need to do now (as cfh said) is "reach an accord." This requires communication. Best of luck to both parties.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Kinda like horse trading. The 18 year old mare you rode trotted just fine before you you bought it. You got it home and the sucker is lame. The seller knew the mare was lame sometimes, but genuinely hoped the lameness would go away. (As problems sometimes do.) Both parties are somewhat right and somewhat wrong. What the parties need to do now (as cfh said) is "reach an accord." This requires communication. Best of luck to both parties.

Too late--sounds like an "accord" has been reached. Savvy.

#174 10 years ago

You now have a brand new CPU that should last forever in a home setting
Have you tried Steve at Mayfair amusements for the Backglass

#175 10 years ago

Classy way to handle it and a happy ending.

#176 10 years ago

If anybody can find me a NEAR MINT Backglass for the Blackout I would greatly appreciate it. I don't know all the resources out there for this kind of thing.

Your Blackout backglass is probably better than 99% of all the other Blackout backglasses out there. Blackout is notorious for it's peeling backglass. The one you have pictured looks great... even with the extra scratches.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

You now have a brand new CPU that should last forever in a home setting
Have you tried Steve at Mayfair amusements for the Backglass

Thanks for the info!!

#178 10 years ago

Glad something was worked out, I hope you get to enjoy your blackout now!

#179 10 years ago

Way to go Choggs! Sorry for bustin' your chops with the movie idea, but here's the happy ending we were all hoping for!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choggards-defective-2300-blackoutrepaired-by-ray-brackins/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.