Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 293 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chrisbee
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

made-in-china.jpg
    Made_in_china.jpg
    Shinola Clock.png
    GL010.jpg
    Un-Fortunate cookie.JPG
    enjoy.jpg
    redneck-1.jpg
    60x60.jpg
    image.jpg
    Wong wear mask.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-pimp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#24 9 years ago

I've been to China twice, I have a chinese wife. They do some some strange things there. Some is legit, some shady. There are very good products and really shitty products. I've also seen shipping labels with diferent items listed than the actual parts that have been shipped. For ease of customs i would think. Last year i ordered a very expensive ultra sonic welder for plastics for my company. Bought it from a very well known american company, Branson, top of the line. The new welder was dropped shipped to me directly from China. No big deal, it was a very good machine in every way and still is. I looked at the shipping docs and it said there were toys inside the crate. Thought that was funny and strange and even showed Branson the docs.
    I have traveled all over Asia and China, always looked, never saw a pinball machine anywhere except there is one place in Hong Kong that has a few. Newer sterns. So I would guess that is where they got ahold of one if its real at all. I read something one time that bally/williams had a policy to not sell or ship to asia for this very reason. Not sure the truth but makes sence.

Edit, the wifes looking into it, see it its a real company. She's from near that city

#28 9 years ago

Yes I saw tons of modern bingo type machines when I was there, redemption machines, no flippers

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

It wouldn't Surprise me 1 bit ,, USA sends Our American raised Chicken meat to China , then they sQueeze the Schitt out of it and use that mess to produce some Shapely lOOk-n nugget that Our kid's R eating in School's , McD's etc ..
    So , an American Stern lOok-a-like Pinball made N China ,, Yea I can C it happening ...
    Pin-Pimp , does yr wife have a sister here N the States , I hear the Chinese women R Very Loyal 2 their spouse's .. I Love Chinese food , so I believe that Would b a gOOd Start for a relationship .

No black rose, they can only have 1 child there so no sisters. Lol, but yes it's true.
    She has a single cousin in Kansas city mo. About 30 years old. And yes I have a very good wife, known her for 3 years, married for 1 now. She's only been in the states less than a year.

#33 9 years ago

That sponge bob game looks cool for the kiddos, wonder if it's a knock off?
    Looks like 2 sets of flipper buttons and 4 flippers. No displays but shitting out tickets?

#68 9 years ago

Like Primus says, "everything now is made in China"

#73 9 years ago

Making a pin in China is one thing, but importing a copy is totaly illegal.
    Stern could get that stopped in 5 seconds. Customs and shipping companies know all about
    Fakes and copies, it would never happen unless it had the name of the pin changed or something.
    Tons of trade mark, copyright and patent laws would be broken. A company with money, thier smart
    Lawyers, done deal, stopped.

#79 9 years ago

I agree, there are fakes everywhere. Smaller ones much eisier to smuggle in than larger items I would think. Such a high profile thing like a pin prob harder to pull off.
    Coming through customs I have been asked if I had any fake rolexs or Prada stuff in my bags.
    I said no because I was wearing it on my wrist, so technically I wasnt lying. Lol
    I saw that that stuff everywhere there. Just feel the market on a pinball is so much smaller than a cd or tv or a shoe or guitar that it would t be worth the trouble. Much more lucrative markets
    To infiltrate.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-pimp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chinese-knock-offs-could-derail-pinball-comeback?tu=pin-pimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.