10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chime.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I'm trying to figure out either a source or a way to fabricate the metal bar on my bullseye chime mechanism. The machine is missing the metal bar but has the box and soleniod. Photo below is from IMDB. I'm afraid just a simple piece of metal would result in a sound more like a knocker then chime. Pinball resource doesn't appear to have anything like this unit.

Any ideas and help is appreciated!

Allen

chime.jpgchime.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Home depot or Lowes should have aluminum bar stock,if not a metal supplier should have it.
    Think Xylophone.
    Drill the holes a little loose for the screw/grommet fitment, it should sound fine.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks pin-it - I'll give it a try.

#4 10 years ago

Chimes
    http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#chimes

Even though its not the same as the Oem one you have ,it has some rebuild procedures that apply to all chime units.

#5 10 years ago

The chime box in the pic in the OP post looks like a re-made unit, the wood is very clean and appears to be made from one piece of wood. I also wonder how well it would work. Normally the bar sits over a box, not solid wood, the size and shape of the box can make a difference to the output sound, like an amplifier.

#6 10 years ago

Most chime bars are made of 1/8" thick aluminum bar stock about an inch to an inch-and-a-half wide and cut to length. You can get the bar stock at most hardware stores.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chime-for-1955-chicago-coin-bullseye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.