• Latest reply 2 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1812 (resized).JPG
IMG_4141 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago

There's too much negativity in this hobby. This thread is literally about trying to let *children* enjoy pinball. Not how many grown ups can find a way to be critical about pinball!

Every game in my collection has been considered for how family friendly it is. I did not buy a SWep1 drop in for my RFM because I wanted to play it, I bought it because my son did when he was younger. He played it a ton and so did his friends. Now that he is old enough, RFM is back in the machine and unlike other games that I had to sell or not buy while he was too young, the playfield swap that pinball 2000 promised totally worked in my house. Unfortunately, those playfields are big and heavy, but being able to make my p2k more family friendly rather than sell off a machine I still enjoyed and deal with the logistics of moving it out and moving something else new in? Total win.

My son LOVED Cannon Lagoon when he played it at Replay FX and he wants a Cannon Lagoon T-Shirt. He's really excited for the P3 to join our lineup, and so am I.

While my experience is anecdotal, I doubt I'm the only one. I believe swapping will work and I believe there are other collectors out there who also balance their enjoyment of their pin collection with their enjoyment of sharing pinball with their families.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 20.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/children-and-pinball?tu=Mocean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.